Reviews for An Impossible Struggle
Random Fan chapter 16 . 4/14
Random Fan:Nooooooooooo *cries silently in a corner* you can't do this to us! Not on a cliff hanger! Please write again! Remus! Tell the author to keep writing! The story was just getting good! This story is amazing. I mean, really, honestly, and truthfully it would be such a waste for this story to be forgotten on the shelf. You just can't forget it!
Snape: for Merlin's sake, muggle! Shut up!
Lupin: Severus, don't be mean. She just wants to known the end of the story.
Random Fan: why!why!?
Snape: She is exaggerating the situation.
Lupin: *shrugs*
Random Fan: please!just one more chapter! Please!
Snape: Enough! Do want to know the ending!? We live happily ever after! The end.
Random Fan: no! He ruined the story!
Snape: With your constant whining the author is surely to forget us.
Random Fan: *gasps*
Lupin:...
CainAJLBassen chapter 16 . 9/22/2014
id be happy to help :)
SilverSnape31 chapter 16 . 9/18/2014
update please! Love your story!
S.K.Y cyrus chapter 16 . 1/31/2014
Very interesting and quite realistic. Would love to see the continuation. The development between Remus and Severus's relationship is captivating to read.
SadisticCarrotcake chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
oh my gosh i absolutely love this story,you don't usually get fanfics as serious and realistic as this one and i seriously hope that you will eventually finish it :)
SanctuaryObsessed chapter 8 . 6/8/2013
Who would not find Remus attractive? This is a great story, I can't wait to read the rest :)
Hobo chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
Interesting premise, I'm excited to see how the story goes. But please, can you fix the character misspellings; it's Dumbledore and Minerva. You have them wrong in the first and second chapters. :)
Onyx Claws chapter 16 . 8/12/2012
I am completely in love with this story, and all the times you've stated that you wish no one to be offended by your interpretations of certain issues, I assure you, I don't think anyone could be offended.
If the offer still stands I would happily volunteer to collaborate with you on this story.
I don't know if it's the case, but you make it sound in your author's notes that you yourself don't suffer from an eating disorder. I have anorexia and if you wished to collaborate with me then I would be happy to answer any questions/inquiries/etc you may have about the thoughts/behavoiur/etc of someone with the illness. You've also mentioned that most negative feedback is about your grammar so I would also volunteer myself as Beta, if you want one.
Many thanks for writing such a brilliant fic, keep up the good work and I eagerly look forward to the completion of this story.
dem bones chapter 16 . 6/10/2012
That's a pity that this story is gathering dust. I just finished reading it today.

Snape's problems sound so realistic and all. I mean it really sounds like someone who has anorexia. It sounds plausible certainly that one would have those kind of problems but I could never imagine looking at myself and thinking like that and all so actually getting in the mindset of someone who had anorexia was very awe-inspiring.

Overall the story is quite inspiring. Love how Remus cares for Snape as well.

This by far seems to be a story that has been put through a lot of time and effort. In all honesty it would be the only story I would work on until it's complete.

Despite all complications, I hope this story continues soon.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 1/11/2012
Please continue this story-you can see from your reviews that other anorexics in the real world are reading this story and find value in it.

Me, I'm just in it for the Snape-angst (looks at scale, nope, still no danger there...).

But this is a good story and I wish you would start it back up again.
Petticoats chapter 12 . 11/27/2011
The portrayal of the psychology of anorexia is absolutely nearly spot-on; it is far better than anywhere else I have seen it in HP ED fanfic (and I've read quite a few). Much of his feelings are so hauntingly familiar, it's almost as if an anorexic had written it, though it is too detached to be so. (I mean praise by that, not an insult. I can just tell you haven't had the disorder yourself, which is good.)

There are a couple things though:

1) I find it incredibly unlikely that Severus would be so unaware of anorexia. Those with eating disorders, and anorexics especially, tend to be incredibly informed on the disease. They actively seek out everything from symptoms to exercises to the biochemistry of the body's responses to various nutrients. We could all be effective personal trainers or weight loss coaches, honestly, because we *know* how to lose weight in a healthy manner, and fully recognize and understand that what we do is unhealthy and can lead to serious problems in the long run if it is uncontrolled.

2) I'm not certain you know this, but humans actually lose muscle through starvation. Fat can only be burned through aerobic exercise, and most starving people just don't have the energy for that. That's why severe anorexics, one step from death, can still have a sizable layer of fat underneath their skin, but practically no muscle under that. They're just skin, bones, and fat. I believe you had Madame Pomfrey mention that he was starting to lose muscle, whereas he should have lost muscle ages ago.

Nice story.
araceli19 chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
me gusta
Neonex chapter 2 . 9/3/2011
I think you did a fantastic job setting up Severus' character. I am a recovering anorexic, and still struggle with it every day. He completely fits the description of an anorexic perfectly. Isolated, obsessed with food, extreme distorted body image, depressed, etc.
Guest chapter 16 . 8/21/2011
I love this story, but please please pleanse upload more chapters! We all want to know what happens to Severus and remus!
SeverEstHolmes chapter 7 . 8/16/2011
First things first- I am actually in LOVE with this story! You seem to have put in so much thought into it! :)

What I really wanted to review was the way you're portraying the ED, anorexia... have you just done research into it? because it's really deep and really accurate..! (As a recovering anorexic) I'm really impressed, it's like looking into the real *unpersonalness* of the illness :)

Oh, and thanks for putting warnings- most stories don't! :)