Reviews for Last Minute Cliche
XO'MagickMoon'OX chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
Holy sh** ... how the hell are you such an awesome writer? OMG OMG OMG OMG this story was amazing ... simply amazing ... awe-inspiring ... beautiful ... wonderful ... fantastic ... unbelievable ... sexy ... O_o ... okay, yesh, it is very SEXY! Mwahhahahahaha! (Why am I laughing? -shrugs-) ... all right, I'm a spaz, o well ... this story was AWESOME! Seriously, totally amazing, so original and creative and ... slashy! Yae for yaoi! lol, really ... how do you do it? How do you have such a smooth style and beautiful ability and wonderful writing ... omg omg omg, I don't even know what I'm saying any more... I'm at a loss for words ... your fic is so awe-inspiring ... beautiful ... wonderful ... fantastic ... unbelievable ... sexy ... ... whoa, deja vu, much? But I can't think of anything else to say! I would love to write you a review a mile long for this amazing story, but ... but ... I don't have anything else to comment on. The writing is so damn perfect, there's nothing to critique, and the story itself was so ... ... amazing (have I said that enough?) ... ogh, how do you do it? HOW DO YOU DO IT? Reveal your secrets! _ Once again ... AMAZING!

XO'MagickMoon'OX
Dark-English-Rose chapter 1 . 8/21/2005
he, amusement, love, go you.
Tamara Raymond chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
I've never been much of a fan of Otogi/Honda... but you've pulled it off in a strangely IC way that I can't help but nod my head approvingly and grin and giggle like a toddler, especially at the last line. And the way you engage the reader by pointing out the cliches, the metaphors, the plot devices, etc. is truly original. (As a writer myself, I certainly appreciated it. ) Impeccable job.
Rice Kracker chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
It's really neat that you leave the speaker's identity a mystery until the very end: it's a good shocker for the ending, and brings the story full-circle. Hey, this is a nice couplement to your other story, Transistive - the first one was Honda's POV, and Last Minute Cliche is Otogi's POV. It's like a question, and then the answer. Cool.
lslines chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
Written beautifully, captivating.

You MUST add more to this. Oh, but one thing I noticed is while this is rated G you swore in it... may offend some readers. Anyway, update again soon, and don't leave this as a one shot!

Flame
JounouchiKaiba chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
I hope your gonna add more chapters to this. I really want to see what plays out after.
Shella chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
*smiling to herself* This is exceptionally cool. I like the POV you've taken - at first it sounds like an article on story-telling; even when it goes into second-person it seems too casual to mean anything. Then right near the end - "but you've never been much for metaphors, now have you?" - it shifts focus just a little bit & you realise someone's talking to someone else, & then Otogi introduces himself. A very neat trick. The theme seems to recur a bit in your writing, but slightly different each time as though you're developing your understanding of your own idea of this pairing with each fic you write. I like it, it's always good to see someone thinking about the dynamics in their 'ship & Otogi/Honda happens to be one of my faves - possibly cos I read your writing of it the most & you write it pretty damn well.
mechante fille chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Awesome! Honda may not be much for metaphors but you handle them quite spectacularly! I found my mouth moving as I read, it aparently wanted to enjoy the wording of the story as much as my eyes. Can't let them have all the fun. ;D
Bardicsidhe chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
I've liked this story ever since you showed it to me the first time. The cynical humor, the extended metaphor of the parachute, and the sarcastic poking at cliches in romance...it makes the story bright. The writing style is clear, sharp-edged, and vibrant. You tell it with the right rhythm. It's been long enough since I saw this story the first time that I didn't remember who the speaker was, though I knew what the eventual outcome would be - and after I finished reading, all of a sudden I realized just how strongly the character comes out in the word choice and the phrasing. -Your- character. You say I crawl around in Honda's mind. I think Otogi is going to be pissed at you for stealing his brain and using it to write fic, Falsechaos. _
loservillealive chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
Oh. My. Fucking. GOD! THAT IS SO AWESOME!*squeal* This is SO KEWEL!*bounces* I hardly ever review here, you know, so that has to say something. *is still-somehow- squealing and bouncing* (Go otogi/honda!*waves rainbow banner while still squealing and bouncing*) I am SO glad i checked this out!*faves*
Toyin chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
Woah. Col!
TMJones chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
I love how this is written! I like how you don't know until the last minute who's doing the talking, and to whom. I mean, we could all guess it was serenity beind chased, but that was about it.

I like this.
Qem chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
LOL, a pretty interesting story that really makes you think :)
lily22 chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
Nice. Boy meets boy is a much nicer cliche anyway. :) I like your eye of calm metaphor with The Boy Pharaoh. And "it all stands under him" part.
SmallInsect chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
I like this. I was expecting it to be one of thsoe stories people just write to get over their writers block, but this is written with talent instead of just a driven attempt at breaking through your own mental-block. It's an interesting point of view and you've got a well written stream of consciousness going. Short, but effective. You're also using a pairing that isn't used quite so often, which makes a pleasant change.

But people might not find this story, or will skim it over without bothering, because of the summary. It's very short and doesn't grab you like the story itself does. So perhaps if you changed the sumamry to make it more grabbing it would get more reviews.