Reviews for Mercury Knew
xXSyntribosXx chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Fourth time re-reading this story...I love it!

Keep writing. You have a way with words.
cassy1994 chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
wow breath taking!
Believe In Something Bigger chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
This was amazing. You're an amazing writer. My favorite line was, "It's always been this way, some mad dash for a pointless end, everybody running but not really going anywhere." -I can relate to this so much because I play soccer and I often wonder this myself, what is the point? But excellent. This was almost poetic in a way. Great!
Marionette chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
really wonderful writing. i love how you capture ponyboy's voice. this is great, and i wish you'd write more.
A.tmosphere 03 chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Wow, I mean, wow. I loved it! Especially the...third paragraph to the end. I like the whole "we win, we losr, we die..." thing.

You are an awesome writer! Keep up the good work!

jelica-wolf chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
I really love the story! Could you show the race from the rest of the gang's POV? the other runners POV? The coach's and the Collage Rep's POV? If Ponyboy is Hermes(mercury) than who are Darry and soda and steve and two-bit? Who are Johnny and Dallas?

Ponyboy-Mercury(Hermes), the winged messanger [travel, messanger, speed]

Sodapop-Venus(Aphrodite), the bringer of peace [love, peace,beauty]

Dallas-Mars(Ares), the bringer of war [agriculture, war]

Two-bit-Jupiter(Zeus), the bringer of Jollity(humor) [king, humor, fun]

Darry-Adrastea(no alias), the distributer of rewards and punishmets [reward, punishment, responsibility]

Steve-Eris(Discordia), bringer of strife [strife, discord, caos)

OR

steve-Welandus(no alias), elvish smith [smith, builder, fixer, mechanic]

Johnny-Vanth(no alias), guider of lost souls [guide, gentleness, kindness...]
xXFlowerxChildXx chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
this was really good. great characterization (did i totally make that word up?idk)
zickachik73 chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
This is such an amazing piece. I love the setting - the emotion he conveys with his words - the allegory of Mercury.

Absolutely exquisite. Thank you.
Robot.In.Disguise chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
Excellent
AddictionToFiction chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
Wow, I loved it :]
Samurai101 chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
I bow in respect to a truly awsome story. Not only were the disscriptions wonderful, but it was purely Ponyboy. I loved the insight, and the last line very much.
smilebackwards chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
This is an amazing story. Please write more Outsiders fic!

I loved the image of Ponyboy as Mercury and how his message at the end echoed Johnny's final message in his letter in the book.
qqqqqqqqqqq chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
Uh. I love that. I really do. you should deffinatly write ore you are gifted.
Scarlett7 chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Wow. Fantastic writing. This was so insightful and well thought out. I can't believe I didn't find this earlier.

Scarlett
Quillwriter chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
"Running to remember that we're alive."

It's been a really long time since I read this book, but this line strikes me as being what they strove for through the whole thing. They just wanted to know they were alive, and that it meant something.

"We're all running, always have been, cutting into the wind and leaving our bright streaks of destruction and rebirth behind."

Such a poetic line. This was a really nice read. You used imagery and Pony's thought process very coherently. It was nice to read something that didn't jar me out of the moment with inconsistencies, typos, or out of place references. Like I said, it's been so long since I read the book, I can't really speak to characterization, but even if I didn't know who Ponyboy was, this would still be a nice little metaphysical thought to come across.

I do hope you invent some of your own characters some day, because it seems to me you have a lot of voices of your own waiting to be discovered.

Good luck.