Reviews for The Pride of This Empire
whitehound chapter 11 . 5/17/2015
Presumably there's some reason why shooting or knifing Voldie wouldn't do it? Some slightly AU equivalent of the canon Horcruxes?
whitehound chapter 7 . 5/17/2015
Yes, quite. It's a dishonourable act to kill somebody who can't fight back, even if in this case it may be necessary.
whitehound chapter 3 . 5/17/2015
Hmm. I can quite see that killing Voldemort might be the only thing to do with him, given how dangerous and subtle he is, but I find it hard to believe that Hermione, with her liberal British Muggle background, would be as casual as this about a death penalty which most Muggles of her class would regard as the ultimate barbarity. Hardened by war she might well be but I'd expect her to at least feel very uneasy about the idea of killing a prisoner.
whitehound chapter 2 . 5/17/2015
Beautiful writing about the ghosts and the scenery.
whitehound chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
Very nice writing - good convincing action sequence.
Me chapter 33 . 10/29/2014
Ok it was nice but there were so many things that drove me insane. For starters I thought this was a Harry/ Severus and when it turned our to be a Severus/Seamus with NO Harry/severus I about Blew my top because you put no indication anywhere that it was like that I mean seriously when it said characters in the summary and only Harry And Severus were there I was like "really does this person not understand that this is for ALL the main charcters" anyway now that that is out of the way I just thought I'd give you a helpful tip, PUT scene breaks In your story! Geese. Well now my rant is over I hope you actually read It because what I've said could be useful and I'll again say you story was nice if I ignored certain things.
cupid'slove chapter 33 . 10/29/2014
You should fix the way you change scenes. You don't make an indication that you are switching, which makes it very confusing and annoying to the reader. When I read it felt like pages were missing since you went from on scene or POV to the next without warning. I'm usually not very mean but this was just to damn annoying, I started skipping chapters just to finish the story faster.
Guest chapter 33 . 8/31/2012
For anyone's information, before you read this, this is NOT harry/severus in any way. It's severus/seamus until the last sentence in the last chapter. Even then it's not really harry/severus.

It's an OK story, well written, excellent grammar and spelling but if you're a ss/hp shipper then this is not the story for you.
thewandcrafter chapter 31 . 6/17/2012
Before I go on... before you fix this in some way - oh Gods I hope you fix this! - I need to tell you... that I am sobbing... that I am heartbroken... that I want to take everyone and hold them and never let them go... that seeing Severus in such pain has completely undone me. And that you are brilliant. I must go now... and read the rest... in hope. But... I thought you should know.
NoxSomnium chapter 33 . 5/14/2012
That was a lovely and interesting story - believeable and engaging. Thank you for sharing.
NoxSomnium chapter 14 . 5/14/2012
Death scene beautifully sad. Well done.
Gavr3el chapter 4 . 7/21/2011
I have to admit that I'm really curious about what's going on between Seamus and Severus (I thought it was Snarry?), but I just wanted to drop a note and tell you how well I think this is written. I'm rather glad I found the fic and am enjoying it very much so far. The subtle tension you're weaving is amazing...
melric chapter 33 . 9/24/2010
sorry for not reviewing each chapter - but after the first one - it was a marathon...

i loved it.

i love your voice, i love how you write the characters, the plot is beautiful (and im not too fond for the light/angst; im really more of the pitch dark angst) it was romantic - in a way; a tragedy (got me running for kleenex in those last chapters) and yet not cheesy or disgustingly sweet

how to say it: you managed to mix everything perfectly.

(you would be a great brewer xD)

the couple was refreshing, your view on things was also refrehing - most authors simply go for the one supreme act of redemtion (concerning snape) or glass over his nastiness pettinesss or simple ugliness; he is ugly! he has a nasty temper and he can be supremely petty & cruel. its part of the character - and it doesn't mean he is evil - or that he will change once he loves someone; i dont know if i explain myself - what i want to say is that you didn't modify rowling's character for it to fit your story; that you managed to build this splendid spin off - with HER characters acting according different circumstances.

and as rowling showed us, snape is capable of great devotion and love.

i would wish for a sequel; but i will simply hope that my comment cheers you up!

gazillions of thanks for the good story!
Ali-chan et Vani-chan chapter 33 . 9/21/2009
your story is... words are failing me here! I was SOBBING at the end when Seamus died and when Harry killed Tom. I was so (and still am) hoping for a sequel in the futur.(?)
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 33 . 9/8/2008
What a well written story! You crafted and handled the plot quite well, giving a rarely used character a chance to shine. Thanks for sharing!
136 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »