Reviews for Games
Troo chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I've enjoyed your other stories in this series quite a bit, but this one takes the cake. My insides hurt from laughing so much. The Daisy Duke scene and the jockstrap scene from Teyla's perspective were written superbly and so much in character I want to see this story made into an episode. Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Thanks for writing this from Teyla's POV. I really enjoy reading about how she views the guys and there strange Earth references.
kirroth chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Fun! I enjoyed it all, but especially the very end, with Teyla handling what is apparently John's jockstrap. XD (I'm a Sheyla fan, through and through.)
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
I like Tayney rumors myself, but this was fun.
Trishkafibble chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Ah! Lovely! I read One on One last night, and it was PERFECT! so now I'm reading all the previous stories-great series, you've obviously been getting better at it as you go along, but even the old ones are good! Just keep 'em coming!

Long live McKay and Shep-100% all the way!

Trish
selori chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Wow. Excellent!

First Teyla POV I've seen, and boy do you have her pegged. I loved her perspective on men's obsession with excrement... Just great!

The bickering between Sheppard and McKay was pitch perfect, and the impromptu repairs/rewiring made great use of some of Sheppards less-often seen abilities.
Leslie chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
LOL! Oh that was great! I really like the boys making up! That was so sweet! and very nicely done. I love your Teyla speak POV. Just perfect! And it was really quite exciting - the whole escape from the Wraith and getting through the sTargate, with roles switched - inventive! Yay! I love the Dukes stuff too and I learned something new - Nascar! Hee! Hee!
TDO chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Hey - I was going through and saving the different stories in this series so I could read them all at once, but the next one, "Casting Stones", seems to be missing - I just get a blank page, no logo or anything. This is the URL I was looking at -

Help?
Mistress Desdemona chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
That's gotta be one of the best fics I've ever read. And I fully intend on stealing Ford's explanation for not watching the Dukes of Hazzard.

I think one of the things I loved about this story is that it very well could be a scene in canon. In fact, I really wish the writers would do something like this, because I can definitely see David and Joe doing the whole "Switch places!" thing.

Great story, and I'm off to read the rest of the series (I actually read "Name, Rank and Cereal Boxes before I realized there were more, which just makes the Vegas jokes that much funnier).
Maori chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Awesome hilarious, the ending was perfect.

My favorite line:

Lt. Ford rolls his eyes. “You and your fixation with the ‘Dukes of Hazzard’. Why anyone would be so fascinated by a show about two white boys driving around like NASCAR rejects in an ugly-ass orange car with a-hello- confederate flag painted across the hood, is beyond me. It’s like somebody let the K guest-host ‘Pimp My Ride’ or something.”

The best part is that it sounds like Ford, I can so hear him saying that.
emergencyfan chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
Loved Teyla's POV, 100% in character.
Commodore Norrington chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
Holy cow, I almost choked to death reading that last exchange! Seriously funny stuff, that. I loved the whole piece, though, the humor and that tension at the beginning. And that tech jargon went right over my head, but really made the story that much more real. Well done!
Dr. Dredd chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
This was so funny, I'm not even sure where to start! Probably with the "I think he may be defending his dissertation" line. Then with the Gilligan's Island riff, the Dukes of Hazzard references, and the "better living through pharmaceuticals line." And in between the humor, you managed to tell a great story, too!
Laura-trekkie chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
Gah! The server just ate my nice long review!

I don't remember all of what I said, but the gist was that I loved this. It really caught all the nuances and speech patterns of Teyla, and I loved her observations of men the universe over. Particularly amusing were her reactions when the men would suddenly shut up and appologise if she *gasp* heard them swear or talk about sex...it's just *so* true :).

I liked her concern over the cool relations between John and Rodney after the Chaya incident, and her frustration at being unable to do anything to help them repair their friendship or the jumper.

Speaking of which: The broken jumper was an excellent setting, confining the boys to close quarters and forcing them to work closely together to fix it. I thought Teyla's comparison between them fixing the jumper and their relationship was quite apt. I loved the role reversals due to McKay's wrist too.

The ending was nice. Good team bonding, and John and Rodney back on cordial speaking terms.
Madj chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
This story completely cracked me up. You gave Teyla more personality than most fic writers, and I just loved it. The poor woman, being trapped with three immature little boys all the time. LOL.