Reviews for Queen of the Forest
Dark Qiviut chapter 2 . 5/24/2005
Just went 'round rumbling through the Inuyasha fics as well as favs of other author's stories in only to come up with this masterpiece of fanfiction right here.

This was one of the best stories out there that I've seen in quite a while. Quite fluent, descriptive, and poetic. I loved the way you tapped each of the character's thoughts and portrayed them in a positive light. I also enjoyed their emotions and flaws in there. It was like being *into* the story, except reading it.

The vocabulary in there also proved to be a shining guide. It gave the story more depth than with simple words.

The characterization was right there, too. The characters were IN-character, and that is something not many people can do. Plus, NO character-bashing. The bashing is something that gets on my nerves, ESPECIALLY Kikyo-bashing. I don't understand why not many people like her. She's very misunderstood.

And I agree with ShortPoet on Inuyasha. He didn't love Kagome more than Kikyo or vice-versa. He loved both of them equally and cares for both of their safeties. I like to see fics that don't bash one side or the other one day.

It is quite a beautiful story, and I like to see you continue it. Maybe you can do similar stories of these on the other characters once you can. This could be the defined moment to your fanfiction writing career.

Very great work, and good luck on your future gems. I can be very sure that the next ones will be just as wonderful as this one right here...

*adds story and author to favorites*
Jasmine Fields chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
Very well written! After you so graciously reviewed my fic, I decided to give this a fair chance - and let's just say, that I'm pleasantly surprised! :-)

As for your review, I sincerely thank you for the honest critique (at the time that I first posted it, it had not been edited and I thought that it was a complete project). I was impressed with the mature way you handled that review. I didn't feel threatened or accused of not understanding the characters (I laughed at *that* review then sent a private email to the sender of that particular flame). And I certainly didn't feel insulted with the suggestions you made.

As a matter of fact, I tried to honor your suggestion by turning it into a writer's challenge - since I have other concurrent writing projects that I am more dedicated to. (Although, I would love to explore the possibilities more and 'explain' it my self, I had to take in consideration the fact that I already have a fic on temp hold until I can manage to juggle it better with the other ones that require more plot and style concentration as it is.)

Needless to say that it is kinda difficult to keep the subject matter within the confines of the rating I chose for that particular fic. (BTW, your email was not fully posted, so I could not send you a copy of what you requested; nor could I send you the revised version of it. My apologies.)

'Nuff rambling about me...

Beautiful descriptions; I have to acknowledge that this seems to be a *strength* of yours. I say this with sincere admiration since it is a glaringly obvious weakness in all my fics, and because I really like the dynamics you've already presented us with. It was thoughtful and showed *immediately* conflict with desire. You definitely have expertly given us a well-rounded picture of characterization in our good friend Inu.

Can't wait to see what you've got in store next!

-Jazz-
unkuser chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
Very nicely written. The words flowed brilliantly as you compared certain objects in your first chapter. I must say, I found it easy to actually FEEL Inuyasha's thoughts and feelings. As Inuyasha was entranced by the song, I was entranced with the words.

A bit of constructive criticism if I may... it sounds a bit like a one-shot even when it's not. There was just a finality in the end that I sensed perhaps shouldn't be there since there are more chapters coming.

Also, since your description was so thorough, I think that perhaps you may consider having a separate one-shot where you describe the music as you had in this chapter and include an actual song to go with it. I think it would work well.

... I think I got a bit carried away there too. lol. But I enjoyed this chapter and I hope that you would continue with your writing. Bye!

Shinku Katana
Takari Shizaro chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Yo Guardian!

Thank you for yer review of my story, and in return, *bows low* i give ya' my congratulations on th' start of yer fic. My suggestion? Don't stop writing...i think ya really have something going here and this story sounds great...i loved th' descriptions..*fanged grin*..keep up th' good work!
LVB chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
Hey, I'm returning the review favour :) I'm not at all familiar with the content, but your writing style is very sophisticated! Lovely imagery. Well done :)
hhrpryd42 chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Hello Guardian! Yesh, as you asked for, I have returned the favor of reviewing to you...

First things first: I love this fic to death. Really, I do. It's amazing! You have something really good going on here. Very nice imagery, very nice poetic flow. I love it. This is a terrific fic. Write more, please!

Tell you what: If you write more, I will. XD

So...I'll see you around. Keep writing! What you're doing is great.
Onizuka Inc chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
Can I say wow? I love the imagery, and the mood for the story. I am a huge Kagome/Inuyasha fan. Please write more! Thanks for the review.
ShortPoet chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
What can I say about this spellbinding piece? You truly have a gift for words and weaving them into a tapestry of vivid imagery that transports your readers into your world. Wow. Sorry I couldn't think of something more eloquent than that, but Wow really seemed to sum it up.

I really like the way you touched on Kikyo and Kagome and their differences without villifiying one and canonizing the other. Because to Inuyasha they are both women he cares for, though he may to varying degrees. Also I liked how you included the fact that Inuyasha pledged himself to Kikyo and not ot Kagome, illuminating a very valid point to your readers. The crux of Inuyasha's problem: his sense of honor is at odds with the wishes of his heart. Making it truly impossible for him to decide.

You have forced me to add you to my favorite's pages. I look forward to reading more of what you have to share.
Fledgling chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
Wow.

You have beautiful description. Filled to the brim with symbolism and metaphors too. Bravo! This first chp was very nicely done!
Miko-of-Jades chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
Here I am... I read the review you left for my fanfic(Where Did I Go Wrong?), and I rushed over to read your fic and review it. You're good with words, so much unlike me. Thanks for your tips and encouragement. Anyway, about my fic, it was meant to be a sort of prequel to my other fic, Tsubaki's Curse. So... I guess it's a given I wont be updating that. Thank you so much though, oh and I can't wait for your update. I'll add this fic to my favorites, just so it will be easier to locate.
cantwriteforshite chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
wow, that was really good! you write really descriptively (is bad at doing that) lol. i liked the dream part especially :) and thanks for reviewing my fic, btw!
anarchxst chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
Hmm...very interesting. I personally think Inuyasha needs counseling with the whole situation, altho i always thought that.

As I said, interesting. I like it.

-The Al Bhed Slayer
YoukaiTajiyaSango chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
AH! Ameria-chan! You got your fic up! It's GREAT! I hope I'm the first to review. _ Lol. This was a great story! I hope to see more of it. I love all of it; I think the descriptions are great. You got Inuyasha's personality really well, and he's not OOC at all. Well, I think so. I can't write Inuyasha's POV very well and I love this story! _ I can't wait for more!