Reviews for Frustration
Erin chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
So, someone other than me DOES think that he seems like a cat person! Enjoyed the 'string of curses in every language he had command of, and even a few he did not.' Not much of which to complain, really. Such things happen almost every time I want to drink my tea in peace-I commiserate fully.
Etoile-chan chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Very nice! I like how you made Javert a little insane and how he has a cute cat. I hope you write more short stories like this in the future!
Leibchen chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
Ooh, I like this, and I'll tell you why. You took one moment from Javert's lifetime, and expanded it. Noice. I love it when people do this. It shows real creativity.
beowulf101 chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
Really funny. I like Javerts slightly chaotic human side. And the way he talks to the kitten.
Mlle. Verity chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Really quite good. Other's have already commented on the sequence of events.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
Aw... poor fella.

I like da kitty.
Lari the Loud chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
Ha!

You read my mind with the newspaper thing! I was going to write something almost EXACTLY like this. Sigh. Kudos to you for getting to it first.

Very amusing, very cute. I always imagined Javert to be easily-annoyed over little things... especially when it came to his own silly mistakes and forgetfulness.

And I pretty much agree with everyone else. Last line's unnecessary.
AmZ chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
Very cute! Nice to see new Javert writers who are willing to make him a bit of a spaz. :)

The last line has to go though. It's completely unnecessary.
YoukoElfMaiden chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
LOL that is awesome! Aww poor Javert, it was above the door the whole time. I love kitties! I have five. Um...sorry, I'm quite tired right now, can't think up a well-rounded review here...but yeah, this was good. Hehe.
Argentine Rose chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
You got there first, wretch! I was toying with writing this episode - but now you've gone and done it - far more humourously than I could!

I can just imagine Javert doing something like this - the shouting, the laughing, talking to himself. It's all very characteristic of what we see of him in the book, as is his propensity to get truly upset over something quite stupid. Bravo

I do have to say that the descriptions of his flat seem a little modern, and his breakfast routine a little laid back. Oh, and I'm not sure about Javert and a cat (although you wrote the cat v nicely) but that's just my own personal prejudice - check out AmZ's stuff for another Javert moggie

Hope to hear more from you!
Cecilia Carlton chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
I am not qualified to comment on your characterization of Javert, but I'm rather sure at least one of the writers who is will review this. )

Your writing is very good. Well done. The ending, however, seemed a little flat - I would really cut the last line. Then, either put the part where we see the article tacked to Javert's door *after* the part where we hear Javert ransacking his office, or don't. Either is good, the switch was just a thought that I figured I might suggest. At any rate, a thoroughly entertaining story. Great job.