Reviews for Just a Formality
DrifterTimeandSpace chapter 11 . 10/8/2010
You explain to your readers that fanfiction is a divergance from the norm of canon. While I agree with your defination, I disagree with your method. There is so many wrongs with this fic that I can't even begin to explain them all away, the list is too long. The story is 'cute' at its best. We have a cute Hermione and a cute Severus. Not my cup of tea. There is nothing cute about Severus Snape, he is a self serving bastard. The point of a story is to show if given a chance how a character can grow and mature and change for the better, not to see how cute we can make them. By the ninth chapter I was skimming over most of the story because well frankly it the same thing over and over. Severus rich? Hahahahaha, good one dear. On the other hand I must congratulate you on this piece of original fiction. Change the names, pieces here and there, and you'll have yourself a novel. I continued to read this story out of some hope you would save it, as it was a recommended read but I'm afraid it never got saved. Please continue your studies and continue praticing your writing skills. We've all been there, I've written plenty of horrible stories myself, been flamed, but usually they end up deleted not put on the world wide web. Good Luck.
CapoeiraBabe chapter 11 . 2/20/2010
Aw sweet story, I loved it!
CapoeiraBabe chapter 10 . 2/20/2010
The idea of Severus on a vespa! Haha the picture just doesn't fit! love it
NoahIrene chapter 11 . 2/11/2010
I absolutely LOVED this story but im not gonna lie the ending was a cop-out...sorry, i was let down by the ending... LOVED the storyline!
thestripygecko chapter 11 . 10/31/2009
I loved this story, I think you portray the characters and their emotions brilliantly, but it felt as though you had a lot you wanted to fit in and not enough time to say it all. There were quite a lot of loose ends left hanging - are you planning to do a sequel? I felt you could have done a lot more with Pansy, the way you introduced her made it seem as though she was going to have a fairly important role to play. I can understand you skipping over the wedding, as wedding scenes tend to be very similar, but it does feel as though another few chapters or a sequel are needed to finish the story off.

On a happier note, I think you had a fantastic plot going on, I was getting really interested in their research, though I appreciate it would have been hard to write about as there is very little in current scientific theories or in canon to base it on. Being able to travel in time is quite a daunting prospect!

Overall, I think you're a excellent writer, I hope you keep it up, but that this story needed a little more work before it is complete. Try not to introduce new characters or themes right before the end and in the final few chapters of a story you need to try to wrap everything up and tie in all the loose ends. It can be useful to leave a few threads hanging if you are planning a sequel, but otherwise it is disappointing for the reader.

Have a go at writing a sequel, I'm sure you'd make a great job of it!
mace.ember.221 chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
The first ten chapters were amazing, the ending completely turned me off. It was rushed and a lot of questions were left unanswered. I was disappointed.
Twilight's.Lover chapter 11 . 8/30/2009
wonderful, but i dont want it to end :( sequel?
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 11 . 6/25/2009
Love this story! One of the better ones out there!
Dru Dreams chapter 11 . 3/25/2009
I will say this story, at least the first 10 chapters, were amazing. I felt like the ending was rushed. There was no mention of them coming up with anything on the time theories they were researching. I was hoping for something to come up where they discovered a way to go back and save Harry and keep Severus and Hermione from getting hurt. I dunno, I just feel like so much more could have been done. But the first 10 chapters were amazing!
FlittterKat chapter 11 . 1/24/2009
Thanks for such a lovely story to read. It was sad about Harry but I enjoyed the story.
ChevalierDeDame chapter 11 . 9/2/2008
That was a really cute story! I loved it!
nimath chapter 11 . 7/24/2008
Very nice story, although I would have liked it to continue. Did Ron ever get out of his depression? What about the time-turner research? I at first thought they would use that research to go back in time and save Harry, but I guess I was wrong. Thanks for a very enjoyable story!
livesonwisteria chapter 11 . 4/18/2008
Great!
anony chapter 11 . 11/22/2007
Ok Lookee here!

Your story started out great, real great. Then it got sort of boring in the middle. Then after the whole battle part it felt as if it were a totally different writer and then the ending was not an ending. No respected author would call that an ending. You messed up your whole story. If your lazy I get it so just stop the story but don't kill your story, that's worse. I wish I could say your story was good but all I have to say was that it was a waste of my time.

anony
eac-dudette chapter 11 . 11/18/2007
this was great! but damn they had some hard times :S
225 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »