Reviews for Just a Formality
Dead-Scorpion chapter 11 . 12/19/2011
I really enjoyed this story, even if it did make me well up! I like the way it doesn't seem too unbelievable (magic aside), and the bittersweet ending. Some parts are brilliantly accurate, like the morning after and the way not everything is how it was before the final battle, even after some time.
hguy13 chapter 2 . 8/31/2011
Love it, but you forgot Ancient Runes, Hermione was so good at Runes, that the Tales of Beadle the Bard say she translated them from the original.
Alexa1993 chapter 11 . 8/20/2011
Hayleey chapter 11 . 1/20/2011
I must say I do really like this story.. I like most things including Hermione actually but that is not the point.

I think you set the characters up well and you are a rather good writer- something that can be hard to find on this site.

On a more critical note I, personally, feel like the story sort of dwindled with the final battle and so on. I had absolutely adored the characters and I could just picture a sunburned Severus in Italy with Hermione and I didn't take to well to the spin off of all the characters after the fight. It may be more of an opinion but I feel that the chapters became less thought out after then and I didn't get quite the same level of enjoyment as I had in the earlier chapters.
BloomingViolet chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
I just spent the last hour reading this wonderful story. It was so emotional. It's hard to get me choked up over a story, but you nailed it. I cried. Their love was written beautifully and if more people shared a love like that, the world would be a better place.
DrifterTimeandSpace chapter 11 . 10/8/2010
You explain to your readers that fanfiction is a divergance from the norm of canon. While I agree with your defination, I disagree with your method. There is so many wrongs with this fic that I can't even begin to explain them all away, the list is too long. The story is 'cute' at its best. We have a cute Hermione and a cute Severus. Not my cup of tea. There is nothing cute about Severus Snape, he is a self serving bastard. The point of a story is to show if given a chance how a character can grow and mature and change for the better, not to see how cute we can make them. By the ninth chapter I was skimming over most of the story because well frankly it the same thing over and over. Severus rich? Hahahahaha, good one dear. On the other hand I must congratulate you on this piece of original fiction. Change the names, pieces here and there, and you'll have yourself a novel. I continued to read this story out of some hope you would save it, as it was a recommended read but I'm afraid it never got saved. Please continue your studies and continue praticing your writing skills. We've all been there, I've written plenty of horrible stories myself, been flamed, but usually they end up deleted not put on the world wide web. Good Luck.
CapoeiraBabe chapter 11 . 2/20/2010
Aw sweet story, I loved it!
CapoeiraBabe chapter 10 . 2/20/2010
The idea of Severus on a vespa! Haha the picture just doesn't fit! love it
NoahIrene chapter 11 . 2/11/2010
I absolutely LOVED this story but im not gonna lie the ending was a cop-out...sorry, i was let down by the ending... LOVED the storyline!
thestripygecko chapter 11 . 10/31/2009
I loved this story, I think you portray the characters and their emotions brilliantly, but it felt as though you had a lot you wanted to fit in and not enough time to say it all. There were quite a lot of loose ends left hanging - are you planning to do a sequel? I felt you could have done a lot more with Pansy, the way you introduced her made it seem as though she was going to have a fairly important role to play. I can understand you skipping over the wedding, as wedding scenes tend to be very similar, but it does feel as though another few chapters or a sequel are needed to finish the story off.

On a happier note, I think you had a fantastic plot going on, I was getting really interested in their research, though I appreciate it would have been hard to write about as there is very little in current scientific theories or in canon to base it on. Being able to travel in time is quite a daunting prospect!

Overall, I think you're a excellent writer, I hope you keep it up, but that this story needed a little more work before it is complete. Try not to introduce new characters or themes right before the end and in the final few chapters of a story you need to try to wrap everything up and tie in all the loose ends. It can be useful to leave a few threads hanging if you are planning a sequel, but otherwise it is disappointing for the reader.

Have a go at writing a sequel, I'm sure you'd make a great job of it!
mace.ember.221 chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
The first ten chapters were amazing, the ending completely turned me off. It was rushed and a lot of questions were left unanswered. I was disappointed.
Twilight's.Lover chapter 11 . 8/30/2009
wonderful, but i dont want it to end :( sequel?
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 11 . 6/25/2009
Love this story! One of the better ones out there!
Dru Dreams chapter 11 . 3/25/2009
I will say this story, at least the first 10 chapters, were amazing. I felt like the ending was rushed. There was no mention of them coming up with anything on the time theories they were researching. I was hoping for something to come up where they discovered a way to go back and save Harry and keep Severus and Hermione from getting hurt. I dunno, I just feel like so much more could have been done. But the first 10 chapters were amazing!
FlittterKat chapter 11 . 1/24/2009
Thanks for such a lovely story to read. It was sad about Harry but I enjoyed the story.
230 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »