Reviews for Just a Formality
EriksKitty chapter 11 . 7/13/2006
Much better this time. You've learned; you took your time (except at the end there *stern brow*). You left quite a few things drifting and made some errors with the words you use; that "altercation" example is such a one. There were a lot of careless mistakes left in such as missing words. By taking your time, things drifted a bit too much, and though you've learned that too much detail is inane, you sometimes leaned a bit too far in the other direction.

There was one marked improvement over the previous fic I reviewed: this one made me feel.

~ Kitty -.-

This message brought to you by the number 3, and the letter Out to C.
Clever Lass chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
"...Hermione just followed the [lesson plans] with few altercations."

Think you meant "alteration" here, which is a change. An "altercation" is a fight... and apparently McGonagall is in no shape at this point in the story to take up fisticuffs.

Am rather enjoying this kinder, gentler Snape - bit out of character, but still rather nice. Off to read the rest now!
brisinggammen chapter 11 . 5/22/2006
Well it did end rather suddenly and there were some inconsistencies along the way, I still enjoyed it tremendously though. I particularly liked the way you portraited their reactions to the war. Many fics gloss over what must a very difficult time for everyone. Good job!
alicat999 chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
I've just found the fic i had bookmarked lol

and im reading it again now cause i cant remember how it finished lol

And if you do go have a look at my stuff the one worth reading is 'Obsession' the other one is completely unbetad and choppy lol

:D now update that pther fic' I'm hangin out now lol
Fish and Bird chapter 11 . 4/21/2006
Hey

I just finished your story and will be going back to leave reviews of the other chapters, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how much I liked it.

I don't normally go for this type of fic at all but you made it so believable and so captivating. It was most rewarding seeing another side of Severus as he slowly opened up to Hermione. The way they cared for each other after their various trevails was tender - a rarity in Harry Potter fanfic.

Thanks for a cracking read!
Alenor chapter 11 . 4/17/2006
great story, cya later.
Kaheira chapter 11 . 4/5/2006
HEY!

I love your story Just a Formality and I appreciate the long chapters. Keep up the good work!

Oh and the part where they are making love in a pool... kinda dangerous... my teachers friends did that and they had to call a lifeguard to get them apart! Water suctions you in... so any way... GREAT STORY!
Dray-Marie chapter 11 . 2/11/2006
Wow... What can I say? I really liked this story, It was a bit depressing at time, but that just made it all the more realistic. And this is coming from a girl who normally prefer fluff!

Just one little question (and I realise it's not very important to the plot, but what can I say: I'm curious): What happened with Ron? And Pansy for that matter? They just showed up and then disappeard.. Myserious...

Well, well...

A story to walk away from with a new perspective.

Lone Butterfly chapter 10 . 1/30/2006
Beautiful. I cried at the end when Severus and her mother walked together...beautiful.

I would have liked a bit on how Ron turned out. But it was wonderful.
black-rose-wilts chapter 11 . 1/26/2006
Aw, a nice story. It was really well written too! Is there going to be a sequel?
xxfreakxxgrlxx chapter 11 . 1/3/2006
OMG OMG OMG. THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD STORY. IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO READ BUT EVERY MINUTE WAS WORTH IT. IT WAS AN AWESOME STORY!
liz chapter 11 . 9/29/2005
this story was wonderful. the second half was much different from the first but i still liked it. i missed the early hermione and severus though. it's sad that they had to go through such sad things. it's realistic though. good job!
Madam Hermione Snape chapter 11 . 9/12/2005
awesome story, kinda sad, but good anyways.
mONKEY fRIEND chapter 11 . 8/16/2005
TOo CUTE!

LOved it!
Jentaro chapter 11 . 7/29/2005
OH MY GOD, I FUCKING LOVE THIS STORY! This is probably one of the most well written and heart-warming thigs I have EVER read. And coming from me, that is an extreme compliment. I mean, people consider me to be gothic.(I have denied it, and even the goths have said I am. I am expected not to have feelings, and people tell me I have a cruel sense of humor. That is why when I said that this actually made me cry a little, that phrase should not be taken lightly, for it is a true compliment.) I actually cried a few times. It certainly does not help that while I was reading the last chapter, I was listening to "Sway" by the Lostprophets. SO, I will leave you to do whatever you please...and I am just rambling. So...yeah...I will have to look out for your workin the future...
231 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »