Reviews for Cost of a Life Debt
marthapreston4 chapter 8 . 3/15
The only I thought While reading this was "huh" it was a little to much info and not enough at the same time
marthapreston4 chapter 1 . 3/15
If this was a thing couldnt harry call in the debts of the entire wizardign world they all owe him
pennamelsjsets chapter 10 . 12/6/2014
Poor Harry, those are perhaps the three people he would least have wanted to share about his childhood! Not only that, but they definately have motive for his 'revenge' on the Dursley's. Why of why didn't Snape ask him if he killed the Dursleys. Then, at least he would have said no under the serum? Well, Snape is playing things well. But, honestly, Draco- having so much political power? Fudge still being Minister... Well, if Harry never bothers with the Wizarding world again- it will be justified. Aside from his friends and a few others, they really have only meant him harm or believed anything the ministry and news papers say. I am ranting because the injustice of these last chapters, they are hard to read I guess. I said it before, Harry certainly is a survivor.
pennamelsjsets chapter 9 . 12/6/2014
It's horrible- that Harry has his free choice taken from him. Even if Snape can't ask anything immoral, its horrible that Harry has to sit, speak, etc. on command. Harry certainly is a survivor, some would have considered suicide preferable. Thankfully Snape hasn't purposefully made things harder for him. I have trouble imagining a friendship forming between Harry and Snape, with them never spending time together. It sounds lonely- for Harry. Of course, he seems to be approaching this as an extended stay at the Dursley's. So isolation it is. I just hope it doesn't last too long. I wish Harry coul be happy. Thanks goodness for Hermione and Ron, explaining things. How could Dumbledore not explain things better? They barely gave Harry any details! And the Ministry! Accusing Harry without proof... Well, I suppose I can see that happening. Hmm. So Snape is responsible for Harry's well-being now. This could be bad. I imagine he wouldn't be to skilled at anticipating his needs. I guess we shall see in your next chapters.
pennamelsjsets chapter 4 . 12/6/2014
Oh boy, what is Harry thinking? Poor Dobby, considered the shame of his family! It was very... thoughtful of Harry not to burn the gifts from Dobby as soon as he can. It would be so embarrassing if ANYONE saw them! I would love to knoe what Snape is thinking. Why would he even want to spend more time with Harry? And why demand servitude, possibly for the rest of his life?
Ren O'neil chapter 10 . 1/24/2014
are you going to add more? good start, now just push on through to the finish line and complete it.
kathyjo chapter 10 . 12/8/2013
it is too bad this story was never finished..i think there is more going on here..i believe that Dumbledore and severus know about the upcoming issues regarding the "murder" of his family so called on the life debt to keep him safe but could not tell him due to lack of occlumency as well as veritiserum...
heksie chapter 10 . 10/9/2013
ok, what a cliffhanger!
Limico chapter 10 . 7/11/2013
That was really interesting. I liked to read it and was dissapointed the moment it ended. I only wanted to say it is definitely worth an ending.
lilyflower50 chapter 10 . 2/4/2013
Any plans on updating any time soon
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 10 . 8/22/2012
Why does Severus Snape wish to have Harry James Potter in servitude?
this story just came to my mind after coming up with the phrase, A good spy is one who could save your life when by all appearances he seems to destroy it. I could just totally see Severus in the roll.
I can understand this, but I cannot see how it would save Harry's life. I understand Harry wished to leave magical world, but why would it have killed Harry? Nightmares? Accidental magic? It would have been difficult but would it be enough to cause Harry's death?
Oh that was sad, Harry realized, to actually hope that someone would try to kill the man just so Harry could save his life.
Yes, Severus Snape has a lot of enemies, and he is fully capable of protecting himself, I expect.
When Harry looked closely at the tray he found himself amused to find that the entire meal was composed of easily digestible foods. It seemed as if Snape knew exactly why Harry did not want to eat.
He would, of course. He has got to know you well.
Yes, I do like the rhyme in disclaimer,
My rhymes and lines tend to be lamer,
I hope to become more successful tamer...
Harry was going to make sure that it would be something to remember. Just imagine, Snape having the main walkway into his potions gardens covered in flora commonly used in fun, inane potions.
Well, then choose plants used in hair-colouring and skin-colouring potions - they would not be that inane, but they still would be fun.
What if Snape tells Harry to use these plants in potions? What will the colour of Harry's face be, when he sees what potions he is going to brew, due to his own choice?
And Harry still did not know what they were talking about.
? Ah, Dursleys' death...
His only family had been murdered, the ministry had accused him of slaughtering them, even the muggle police were searching for him.
What? Who?
Harry, Severus is not in league with others. I don't know why Dumbledore isn't able to protect you from public opinion, but Severus is angry at Dumbledore, and Severus has chosen the only possible route to separate you from the mob.
he found many of them that bloomed bright pink. Perfect way to brighten up him manor, Harry thought vindictively.
[Shudder] I cannot state pink. Partly, because of Umbridge. My favourite colors are dark midnight blue, dark green, star silver, black. Dark crimson red, dark cherry red, sky blue, dark deep violet, stormy grey are acceptable, too.
Oh Ron...Don't listen to him Harry. I am sure you will find the subject as fascinating as I do, really it is one of the wizarding worlds oldest rituals.
The third book...
Harry had already been in a rather foul mood at the time, and the portion of conversation that he had overheard had done little to improve his disposition.
You know that Severus has to pretend, you should be angry at the guest who is visiting. At Albus, the puppet master.
Harry really did not want Snape dead, not deep down anyway. Perhaps he could do the cliff thing and Harry could save him thereby cancelling the debt. That would be better. Maybe.
Agree.
What in your past, would destroy you in the eyes of public opinion, what are you so desperate to keep the world from finding out that you would hide away rather than face the public knowing?
Veritaserum doesn't give the objective truth; it gives subjective truth. So, you got abuse at Dursleys, and not something truly incriminating.
Voice recognition programs in no way what so ever make writing go any faster. Quite the opposite I assure you.
Agree. It's quite insane. Do you know any single speech recognition program which would use phonemes and accents as middle-ground between sounds and written text? Which would use not only spell-checking, but also grammar-checking while proofreading the result?
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
thewandcrafter chapter 10 . 7/22/2012
I cannot believe you abandoned this intriguing, giftedly-written story! I so want to know the end... I'm going to look you up on your profile and see if I can find you elsewhere... and hope that somewhere... somewhere... you have finished this. If you get this... PLEASE let me know if you have... and if you have not... I know it's been AGES, but... maybe you could find it in your heart and creative mind to do so. I would be so grateful.
Sivy chapter 10 . 4/22/2012
it has been a few years but I am wondering if there will be an update?
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 10 . 1/7/2012
Ah that was like the best chapter but you haven't updated since 2005! :(
Tell-Me-Tales chapter 10 . 12/30/2011
Well, that's a rather unfortunate place to be left hanging... Pity really, I was starting to enjoy it.