Reviews for A Killing Light
dust and starlight chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
The ending got me, where Ryuk is telling him to close the blinds. It seems to be echoing that Raito isn't the all powerful killing light he think he is. Raito and L were so in character. Especially that bit where Raito encourages L to talk about his own name-Yagami you sly dog.

Raito is Little Boy and Misa is Fat Man? There's irony in there somewhere :) I hope you write more Death Note fics. You're a pro at L/Raito interactions.
Animeaddict666 chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
WOAH. This absolutely floored me. I love the ending. Very apropos.
phoenix of hell chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
Very cool portrayal of Raito, and I liked the play of words.
Sambucivox chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
And Luc Court managed to creat a whole new iconography in the Death Note universe without stepping out of canon. Perfectly grabbed characters, as always. I feel dizzy after reading it.
Itallia chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
I like the analogy, it works quite well. I also like the way you have Raito like the idea of being an atomic bomb, in a way.
716799 chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
Hm. Not sure what I think of this. It's rather obscure, but not in a bad way. Light's thought processes seem a little atypical of him. I mean, you got the sinisterness and the clinical feel alright, but there's something about... I don't know, maybe the way he phrases stuff, that just seems a little off.

The fic doesn’t suffer from bad writing though. The premise is pretty good, and I love this bit here: “God is an atomic bomb,”.

And L. Muah.
miriya v chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
Oh, nice. :D I'm a recent convert to DN, and it's nice to find good stories lying around (unfortunately, without gratuitous buttsecks, they tend not to get noticed).

I'd also come to very similar conclusions (LightBombChrist(like)), though my thinking was much inspired by the final essays of
kuonji chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Wow, Light as a holy atomic bomb destroying evil. I would never have thought of that comparison but it works so utterly perfectly, esp. him being in Japan. I found the fic rather disturbing and yet captivating. I think later in the manga, there's so much time devoted to Light ridding himself of the opposition that there just isn't enough of the "I am a cleansing god" theme, which is part of what I think makes him a fascinating villain instead of just some smart mafia type. Thank you for emphasizing that.

I thought of the following quote. Perhaps you've seen it already:

"If the radiance of a thousand suns

Were to burst at once into the sky

That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one -

I am become Death,

The shatterer of Worlds."

note: this was supposedly quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer on July 16, 1945 when the first atomic bomb was tested

-Hindu Spiritual, Bhagavad Gita
Ashie chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
Just.. wow. I love the metaphores!

I've always used Raito, but also, have always recognized his name is Light. So, while reading the manga, I've come across some very amusing lines, especially from Misa, as you probably have. :D

Awesome fic~
UE chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
brilliant. and this is sort of random, but you write descriptions of food really well. i guess having just read "sweet waters" and now this, i've got all these random images of sweet snacks floating around in my head...hehe _! as for the characterizations, i think you've got l and raito (and ryuuku, for that matter P) DEAD on. and the way you describe raito's analyses and thought processes...they're all soo how i imagined them to be! and, as to be expected, your writing flows so well, it's all so effortlessly beautiful. gah, how i love you so.
L chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
Indeed, how appropriate. This ficlet is a wonderful treat that supplements the series without detracting from it. Good work.
Nelja chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
"If Kira wanted to kill Raito, he would be killing light".

And it's L, so we'll never know whether it's gratuitous intellectual remark, incredible cuteness or even a trap. Hum, you must know. I don't.

The end with meditations on atomic bomb is clever too, with the real (i.e. incredibly in character) megalomaniac-Light, it's great, but I like even better the beginning. Because L is in it. :-)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/14/2005
'The teenager’s thoughts are a back-room abortion: dirty, prone to infection, and best discarded before they can be exposed to day.'

Great line. Not one of your best work, but still good. But I see two things you might have miss:

-bakes and butter are the cream of his indignation. He can taste his own annoyance,

..I feel like the line is rather chopped off.

2. Shikigami

The Japanese word for death gods are ShiNigami. I think shikigami means spirits of paper or something.

I'm sorry if any of this offends you.
Orange and the Yoh-muse 35 chapter 1 . 3/9/2005

never thought about names that way. XDD awesome.
Elusia chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
nice work. it was well written and i think you did a pretty good job at capturing raito's personality in the narrative. the symbolism with the atomic bombs was very clever too.