Reviews for Lost Boys
LiGi chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Hi there!

This story is so good! I love your characterisations of the boys; Alan being whiney, Gordon being so cute (with Fishie!), Virgil being kinda moody, John being so sweet and quiet and Scott being the great big brother. Perfect, the boys are adorable at this age! And the brotherly banter you've got down pat!

And poor Johnny being bullied at school for being gay, (at that age it seems like a much bigger insult for some reason)

I know it was like six years ago that you wrote this, but I was wondering if you could be persauded into picking it up again and continuing it! *pleads* It's such a good story!

LiGi x
TheNotSoMutantTurtles chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
more more more, please, i like it. mean jeff. how could he think that about John? anyway, its really good, update soon, please.
darkhelmetj chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Look look, I'm reviewing! :) Finally got my butt off the couch . . .

The first thing I have to say is that I love your style of writing. It just . . . flows, to put it bluntly, and is very nice to read on its own.

What I like even better, though, is how you've focused on the dynamics of the family. Gordon is so adorable at that age, Virgil is the moody little kid, Scott is the responsible adult figure (even for ten years of age) and John is . . . well, John. :) The gymnastics was a nice touch. I'd never thought of that before, but it makes sense for someone who's built like John. And the gay bit . . . that too makes a bit of sense. Kids that age, especially in our society now, do seem to care about that type of thing, and I can see him being a victim of it.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter! *offers plot bunny* Maybe that will help. :)
white rose01 chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
great start, i like the way that you've portrayed the boys, especially John, he really is the quiet serious one. im looking forward to reading more.
I-like-chickens chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
I like this very much, post some more soon!
ladc chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
I am glad you started with the order of the brothers and ages, it always helps given there are so many different opinions about those aspects. Love your portrayal of John so far-always the way I see him (shy, quiet, misunderstood, and gentle with his brothers).
Faith chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
A great start! The banter between the boys is really cute. And yea, if you follow Bentley's version of the ages, John and Virgil aren't a year apart... They are actually the same age for almost two months.

The conversation between Scott and John seems a little mature for the age you've set the story at, though. If you hadn't told me how old they were from the onset of the story, I would have guessed them to be older based on what they say and how they say it.

But again, the first chapter was very enjoyable. Looking forward to the next part :)
mcj chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
Nice job to begin this story. Good banter between the brothers and you can feel for Scott having to look after them all on the bus. Two days travelling? What the heck was Jeff Tracy thinking? A bit disconcerting a little boy not even nine years old would think he was gay and his Father even asking him. I will be interested to see how the rest of this story evolves. Best of luck with it.

mcj
killhill2003 chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
this is a good story i do hope that you keep going with it.
IloveSam chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
Aww great start! That sounds so familiar, all those tired, whining boys after a long trip! Very well written, I could really see it happen! I felt sorry for John though! Why would Jeff be that cruel to such a young boy? And it's not his fault that he looks like his mother! (though I always love John angst, so I don't mind if you keep up with that ;) )

I also loved Grandma's appearance, always warm and caring! Great start, update soon plz :)
zeilfanaat chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
This was such a nice chapter! I love it! Please update soon!