Reviews for Sunrise
dreamspeaker-jt chapter 15 . 9/1/2012
...Yeah, this is reaaally late. But I've just gone and reread everything and I swear the story reads just as well 7 years later :) Thank you for the tale; it's bound to be one of those stories I'll never forget reading.
icklebrina chapter 15 . 12/12/2010
Wonderful story!

I came across it by chance while procrastinating from my take home exam (and of course then read the whole thing). It was well detailed and put together. Very believable. I would love to hear more about her family and their history, if you ever get around to writing a sequel of some sort!
ElphabaTheDelirious117 chapter 15 . 1/10/2009

No joke. This is by far the best one I've read on this website, and that isn't just because I always read terrible fanfics. This was so perfectly thought out, tragic yet hopeful and flowing so easily, the characters so perfect and realistic. I like the way you kept the blood on her feet, not to sound evil or anything, but it's more realistic that it didn't magically disappear. You have such talent. PLEASE write more fairy tale fics! :D I think Rapunzel would suit your style, though I don't know why for sure.
KrisEleven chapter 15 . 11/16/2008
I like it! A very interesting take on the story. The last few chapters seemed a bit off from the feel of the rest of the story, though. I really loved the chapter with the bolded headlines in it. Overall, a job well done- I really did enjoy it.

Proud Titania chapter 15 . 1/9/2007
This story was absolutely brilliant. Surely you have a wonderful muse! I hope that this story did well in the contest. It truly is the most original variation on the little mermaid story that I have ever read (and I have read pretty much all of them).
Arkan9 chapter 15 . 10/23/2006
Wow. Having read the original The Little Mermaid, I was fearing the worst, but this was considerably less tragic than the ending I was dreading. Not that it didn't have its fair share of tragedy, of course.

Yeah, so, I thought it was time to read something of yours other than your TT stories. I didn't think I'd be disappointed, and I was right. I loved it; it was good enough to convince me that mermaids could exist. In fact, why haven't I seen one yet?

Must go now. Lack of sleep causing decreased coherency...
Melika Elena chapter 15 . 11/1/2005
Wow. Just... wow. Highly original, wonderfully paced, and overall breaktaking, this story made me cry and made me smile. Great job.
Erisinia chapter 15 . 9/14/2005
That was beautiful. Modern, but with a ...mythic resonance like all the best fairy tales. It actually reminded me a little of Robin McKinley, which is a very good thing.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. And thank you for the cookie. ;) *walks off munching*
The Last chapter 15 . 6/27/2005

[Sits back in chair.]

That's about it.

It was really, truly, spectacular. Plot, characters, love, and a touch of fairydust- what more could one ask for?

[By the way- how'd it do in the contest?]
Moonlight child4 chapter 9 . 5/9/2005
I'm so sorry I haven't reviewed for so long. I apologize. Now I read chapters 8 and 9. I'll keep reading!
NekuYasha chapter 15 . 4/15/2005
So, I finally came back to read the last half of this story, and I have to say that I'm very Pleased! You managed all the angst and sorrow of the original and blended it very nicely with the happy ending I so love of the re-make. Many, many Kudos! It's rare that I read a fic that makes me cry and then smile so closely back-to-back. I will forever remember the story of Jesse and Aqualine. Thank You for sharing their story with us! :)
NekuYasha chapter 8 . 4/12/2005
I don't even knkow where to begin with this...Your story is a beautiful spin on a story I both hate and adore. I have read the first 8 chapters of this with memories coming back to me of a dubbed video, in poor condition now, that I watched over and over until I couldn't bear to watch it or cry anymore. It was of the Little Mermaid, based on the Hans Christian Anderson version. Admittedly, I like the happy ending of the Disney version, but it didn't reach out and grip my heart the way the original did. Your story did the same thing to me. I wasn't at all confused and knew who Lille was from the beginning. I read where you kept implying that 8 or 9 would be the end, but I see that this story has many more chapters than that. I will have to come back and read them too. At present, I feel a little too heart-sore to read any further, but not to worry, I WILL finish your story. Many, MANY Kudos for such a brilliant write. :)
molly chapter 15 . 4/10/2005
i have go to tell you, this is the best mermaid story that i have ever read. I have always loved stories about mermaids, and read almost everyone i can get my hands on. I would also like to tell you that i have been taking ballet since i was 3 years ols, and i greatly appreciated your wonderful descriptions of th dance. this was a wonderful story, and you are a wonderful writer. Now go and get this stuff published!
Nyeren chapter 15 . 4/9/2005
Hello! I came across this story a few days ago, and read it all in a ridiculously short amount of time. It's really fabulous, with believable characters and fantasy and wonderful writing. I will be eagerly awaiting your next story/s! )
Moonlight Child4 chapter 7 . 4/2/2005
I read chapter 7, now Ill read chapter 8.