Reviews for Koiji: Love's Pathway
Bonsoir chapter 7 . 2/2/2014
Lol, amusing spam ending. :P I must be the queen of reading and reviewing to old stories, but still. A fun little piece you've written, here. :)
Bonsoir chapter 6 . 2/2/2014
A cute ending. The best part of this chapter was definitely Aoshi's difficult time believing Misao would come to see him. I found that a pretty plausible thing-that he needs reassured more than most men, and perhaps not about the same things. His guilt complex, I think, makes him that way.
Bonsoir chapter 5 . 2/2/2014
What a chapter. I like how open Misao is when it comes to Aoshi, even when talking to other people. It's good that she doesn't try to hide her feelings, or her emotions. With Aoshi so closed-up, Misao does balance him nicely. That said, his loss of self-control was interesting. At least he wasn't rough with her; I think his being overly rough with her grates on my nerves in fiction more than just about anything.
Bonsoir chapter 4 . 2/2/2014
I like what you say about Kaoru's treatment of Aoshi. I think she would pity him; after everything that Kenshin has done in the past, that Kaoru doesn't even care about, I think Kaoru relates pretty well to Misao's predicament with Aoshi. I also agree that I don't think she'd really interfere. I like that Aoshi is polite to her in return, though; it's nice.

That said, Misao juggling was very cool; I was a little afraid she would hurt herself, but was glad she didn't, since it kept her looking strong in front of Aoshi, and even awed Yahiko a bit. :)
Bonsoir chapter 3 . 2/2/2014
Aoshi is so thick sometimes. But I think you really got into his head through Misao, here. At least until the end. Poor girl. She just can't win. :(
Bonsoir chapter 2 . 2/2/2014
Misao would clean up pretty nice, I think. She'll always be a very small woman, even if she grows another couple of inches to match Kaoru's height. I, too, used to have long hair, and it's awesome how much length is hidden by braiding it. I should never have cut mine. (Le sigh.)

Anyway, Aoshi's thoughts regarding Misao's attire: I like them. Normally I hate the now-trope of her getting dressed up, but the way you did it here felt different-probably because Aoshi was not gaping at how sexy she looked, but thinking about how she might be this way all the time, living a normal life, if it wasn't for him and/or Okina giving in to her demands to be trained. It's an interesting thought, and it's clear he still wants to protect her, wants her to have something like a normal life, but it's hard to really pin anything down; would she be happy with a normal life, now? Probably not. But that circles back to the fact that if she hadn't been trained in the first place, she wouldn't know any other life intimately enough to want it over a normal one.
Bonsoir chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
I sort of remember reading this years ago, but it's been so long a re-read definitely doesn't hurt. I like Misao's revelations and I think they make sense. Despite what others say about her sometimes, I think she could/would hit a limit eventually; she can't continue to love with no reciprocation forever.

On the flip side, I'm a little skeeved by Misao being named after Aoshi's sister, and her eyes reminding Aoshi of his sister. It does shift their relationship from paternal to something more siblingish, but eh. I can't decide how I really feel about it just yet; I'll have to read more before I can decide if I'm actually skeeved or if I find the whole thing a little weird. If nothing else, I suppose it would give Aoshi a reason to care about her right from the get-go.
celinae chapter 2 . 8/16/2006
I'm a bit of a Japanophile myself XD, so I just wanted to point out that apparently sometimes "wa" in hiragana is written as "ha." I don't actually know the specifics of this because I only saw it in passing on a website, but that probably helps explain the "konnichiha." _
Kaleeena chapter 6 . 7/7/2006
Wow...That was, like, the best AoshiMisao fic I have ever read!Good job!
aquafinaSEK chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
gr8
Negotiatrix chapter 7 . 1/5/2006
I have to say I was really rooting for Sano! I loved the spam ending!
AnimeFreakPerson chapter 6 . 6/11/2004
This fic was so cute and deep and all that other good stuff! _ Loved it.
Cat Avatar for the DCG chapter 7 . 5/13/2004
Another fun read by you!
The entire story was a good read. I like Aoshi and Misao so much... Maybe because she is so small and he is so tall. Anyhow. The story was well concieved and executed, without any spelling or grammar errors that jumped out at me. The only thing is- without a sequel- how do we know how Misao deals with her lingering problems with being Okashira? Or does being with Aoshi clear that up too? I know that was not the focus of the story, but it was brought up enough to be a major sub-theme, one that was left without hint of resolution. I know she will be 'high' on being engaged for a bit, but she still needs to become comfortable with being the Okashira in her own right, and both Aoshi and Okina know that. SO that bit still dangling gets me.
The spam ending was great, by the way. Giant beaver...
-Cat
Angelic Giggles chapter 6 . 3/19/2004
I LOVE THIS STORY! I am a huge Aoshi and Misao fan, and you have such talent. You should focus on original works as well as fanfiction. By the way, may I request something? You should write another Sano/Megumi fic (I have read the other three and they are magnificent) but this fic based on when Misao visits..and perhaps having Megumi be a little jealous? Well, anyway,thanks for taking time to read my review! Once again, congratulations on such fabulous work!
sylencespeaketh chapter 7 . 1/4/2004
lol. the spam ending!
good fic. aoshi finally lost control. fanatstic :P