Reviews for Numb
Chikiko chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
my word, i dont think i've actually read this one. it nice. a good intraspective casey fic is a good thing.
Troodon chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I really enjoyed this thorough character study. Though Casey's not my favourite character, I'm glad you didn't try to villify her, or make her seem like too much of an idiot (she did come through law school, after all). The Elliot-Casey scene near the end was appropriate, too - no big mushy declarations of acceptance, but just enough for Casey to hold her head up again. Thanks for this!
savetoniqht chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Hm, usually the whole Alex v. Casey comparison thing just annoys me, but I actually really like this. I really like them both, I just think they're really different. I really like how you talked about how she came on strong as a defense mechanism and stuff like that, that was really smart. Very well written as usual.

I just don't get why they'd move someone from embezzlement and fraud cases to SVU cases... I just don't really see the logic there. Oh well.
GraeLeigh3 chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
You know what? I perfectly see this as a missing scene from 'Ghost' (before they gather in the office waiting for Alex and she doesn't come, making the marshall tell them all).

Watching that episode yesterday, seeing how Alex asked Casey if she was ready, made me wonder how Casey took the blow, and how she reacted to Alex's return. Your fic answers all those perfectly.

And that definitively screams for a sequel after she learns that Alex won't stay ... with hints of a Casey/Olivia relationship maybe? After all, Alex's decision must have hurt Liv pretty badly ...

Okk I'll stop my rambling, again great job !
lijep chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
I will admit that I am one of those "Alex is greater than Casey people". But, despite that, credit must be given where it is due. This story was a wonderful look at Casey, one that I've never seen before. And the scene with Elliot was touching, showing Casey can just be who she is without worrying that much. This was a great story, and I was very impressed. And although I may like stories, it's hard to truly impress me. You did it. Congratulations. And the line: "And somehow, in trying to be Alex Cabot, she had lost Casey Novak", was touching. It made me read the story when I saw it in the summary. Wonderful, wonderful job. You are an amazing writer who is extremely talented. I would love to read more of your work.

Great job again!

Lijep
XsunflowerX chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
great read. i particularly loved this line 'And somehow, in trying to be like Alex Cabot, she had lost Casey Novak. She was trying so hard to be both that she wound up becoming neither.'

so um does alex actually really comer back? i loved alex and casey is growing on me, which is good. i loved this story!
fasdfawet chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
Great story.
Nimmireth chapter 1 . 4/2/2005
*Gives you a standing ovation!* Brilliant! I could definately see Casey like that. Loved it!
Charmingly Gorgeous chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
I LOVE this story. It's wonderfully written, and perfect for the character. Love it. Abosolutely love it.

Love

Julie
Hola-Meg-a-Cola chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Nice little vignette. I do like Casey and I hate how people are always ragging on her. It's nice to see some fans of hers out there.
McKay chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Brilliantly-written. I'm always complaining that Diane Neal tries to imitate Stephanie March, and this is really, really interesting to me. Also, you're a very gifted writer. I don't gush like this often, you know ;) Great work.
gerfan chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
good chapter! Hope you continue!
justawritier chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
i really liked it.i'm a big fan of casey and you really captured her.
LadyRaider chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
That was really, really good. I think you captured Casey very well...
qt-angel chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
Amazing! Wow um... there's no words to put how well you've gotten into Casey's head! Great story!