Reviews for Cupid's Arrow
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 9 . 5/24/2006
Or horny professors as it turned out, Severus thought (aha ha ha ha.)

And maybe if he played it right she might want to comfort him (Ah, the ever sly and sneaky Severus. Hmm..I've never really before thought of how many adjectives describe Severus that happen to start with S. He he. Sorry...tangent.)

He realized that it didn't matter if she never let him touch her as long as he could be around her. (Sniff...aw... TELL HER ALL THAT! NOW!)

Ah...wonderful! Just wonderful! Severus at his very best. And the very first time I have actually read anything where Severus proposes. You did a superb job and I only wish I could really give you the praise that this story and your talents deserve.

Another line I liked: he snapped at her to shut her gob and bring him some tea.

Tee hee.

Ah, I love you and I love this story. Thank you so much for sharing! I'm a very happy girl right now. :D
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 8 . 5/24/2006
Wow, it's been so long since I read this. I had to re read the last few chapters in order to refresh my memory. Tsk. tsk.

Some fav. lines of mine:

...pointing at the arrow just in case he had somehow missed the fact that he had been shot. (aha ha ha. Brilliant.)

Tis but a flesh wound,” he said glibly.(well that bit had me laughing... a reference to a particular movie perhaps? But then I read on...)

“The pain is nothing to compared to the agony I feel when you are not by my side.” (ah... you warned us about the corniness but it really didn't prepare me for this. Ha ha.)

genuine show-your-teeth soppy kind. He hardly looked like himself (ah, I would be petrified too! Ha ha)

She didn't want to traumatize them with the image of the Potions master snogging in the hallway (I was waiting for something like that. Aha ha ha ha.)

He plodded down the hallway behind her, trying to kiss his way up her arm.

(ah man...such imagery. Severus plodding? ha ha ha. You're so amazing, Vanity. So amazing)

I simply adored your paragraph about his behavior in relation to a dog. So wonderfully full of insight. And this line just cracked me up:

She had half a mind to kick puppy dog Severus and tell him to stop sniffing and licking her. (I think she should! ;) )

she kept batting his one hand away from her thighs while holding the other in a death grip.(that would be embarrasing. Ha ha ha)

Ah, lovely job. I love how very Hermione-ish your Hermione is. Just the way she likes Severus 'just as he is' is so true to her character. It's nice to have you actually write her feelings on the subject.

I think it's kinda funny how something that should have last an hour didn't on Snape. Does that say something about his character? ha ha.

Lovely job. So sorry it's been so long since my last review. :)
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 7 . 4/17/2006
Well, here's another one of my famous reviews! Or maybe, infamous? ;)

Eck... Poor Hermione having to take care of Minerva... Eck.

Actually, he hadn’t. But she really thought that he should have. (So typically a woman's attitude, especially Hermione. I love that she never lets Severus beat her down, that's why they're so perfect for each other...)

she asked with just enough of a pout to ensure that the answer would be no.

“No.” (O... clever little Slytherin... /Gryffindor... Heh)

“There were singing Valentine’s, cupids, students snogging around every corner, and an inordinate amount of the color pink.” (Ah... our beloved, annoyed Severus at his finest. Wonderfully delicious answer.) *Shameless plug for my story: That Hideous Color*

And then out of nowhere all hell broke loose. (Oh dear...)

The paragraph about Severus wishing he had lied to the Cupid guy... priceless... *pout* Severus does NOT need help...

Though, I have a feeling if Hermione knew what sneaky act Severus was trying to pull off, she wouldn't be the happiest camper... ;)

He he... vomit on the pink robes, also priceless. And of course, truly a pity. ;)

What happened in Bath?

YIKES! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... *wrings hands like a House Elf* If only I didn't have to go to bed, I would read the next chapter now. I hate cliffhangers, but they make everything so interesting so I suppose I can put up with them. He he.
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 6 . 4/15/2006
Here I go again:

He wasn’t known for giving good advice, mainly because most people were too frightened to ask him for it in the first place. (I can see Snape being very good at giving advice, despite the fact that he didn't exactly advise himself well when he was younger... but really, it's his own fault he's so unapproachable... I think... and yet I feel really sorry for him. *shrug*)

He would accept her under him in only one fashion... (Oh yes? ;))

“I never could carry a tune.” (aww... that made me smile!)

Don’t go,” (Aww, what love can do to people...)

rather hesitant period (Once again, your imagery and word choices are amazing and original. Love it!)

Oh goodness, I want to cry. That whole paragraph about Hermione discussing why she was hesitant to 'hand her heart to him' was just magical. Magical I say.

I'm sad that Severus is no lord and has no manor... but really, he should be at least a Sir Severus Snape... and if he'd just spend some of his saved up pay checks he might be alright in the other respect... :)

Lovely chapter as always, and again I hope you don't mind my overly long critique.

But what in chocolate frogs was McG's request? :)
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 5 . 4/13/2006
M... delicious as always.

Indulge me for a while as I post my fav. lines:

therapeutic as a well-aimed Entrail-Expelling curse could be. (therapeutic... tee hee)

The frustration at being left out of this conversation started to mount, followed by frustration at the fact that Severus even wanted to be in a conversation that not only included Potter and Weasley but giggling (Ahh... I ADORE that sentence. :) )

Why did they get to be the ones to make her laugh about being blue while he was relegated to crying duty? (Because you're soft and cuddly. *smirk*)

Now get out of my house, so I can get back to snogging him senseless.” (Ha ha. I love her and her spunk.)

make her accept her “blueness,” that had been Harry bloody Potter and Ron the Weasel.( Ah... I'm sorry I copy and paste so much but I just love so much. Perhaps I should copy and paste the whole story? ha ha)

She would protect him. She would be loyal to him. And it would be him she would be snogging senseless and not them. (Aw)

How he really felt about Harry Potter was not going to get him snogged senseless.

(ha ha. You have such a way with words, do people tell you this? I think you need to be told at least once a day...)

she asked, somewhat piqued that he interrupted the beginning of her tirade on women’s rights. (You make me smile so much. Thank you!)

Wow, that was a lot. I'm sorry if I go into too much detail but I just can't get over what an amazing writer you are. Thanks again for a marvellous chapter. I wonder what Hermione gets him... I wonder what *he'll* get her.
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 4 . 3/6/2006
Gah, what an evil cliffie that was! Ha ha. Luckily there's another chapter all ready for me to read.

I have said it a dozen times before and I will say it again, I ADORE your imagery.

Loved these lines in particular:

He wanted to get this over with quickly so he could fix whatever the problem was and he and Hermione could get back to doing whatever they were meant to be doing at this stage in their relationship. (So adorably cute that he wants to do what he should be doing but he doesn't know what that is. Wonderful idea)

or perhaps her drain was clogged and she needed a ‘man’ to fix it (Ha ha ha.)

But though he was quite experienced in making a person cry he knew practically nothing about helping someone stop. (Aww... bet he never expected he would need *that* skill)

and with stuff leaking from her nose (He he)

Do you want some milk?” (now *that* one set me off laughing out loud for a few minutes at least. Oh wonderful)

Loving it, loving it. They are still so perfectly in character and I just love how every word is important. You are an amazing writer. Thank you!
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 3 . 2/23/2006
Aww! He kissed her without asking! How sweet...

Merlin, that man is sexy... and you manage to portray that so well in your writings. Well done!

"She was still the uptight intellectual but she lived almost vicariously through the melodrama of others." That, my friend, is an amazing sentence. A true analysis of her character and most wonderfully put together. Brilliant thought indeed.

The McG. cat thing was v. original. He he.

"...only solidified his opinion that she had no taste in people or animals." Oh! Not true, Sevvie. She has picked a most fine choice in you...

Oh, a most delicious ending. He he. He should have told her to forget the cow. Ha ha. You're so amazing. I love this story so much... *sigh* Severus is just adorably adorable when he's confused. :)
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 2 . 2/21/2006
It's quality not quantity that I worry about. :) Wonderful chapet as usual. Absolutely adore the note Severus wrote about his feelings. So him. So brilliant.

Loved this line too: He did wonder, however, when one had to stop asking permission to kiss one’s date and could just grab her by the shoulders and plant his lips on hers. (ha ha... I'm sure Hermione wouldn't mind at anytime.)

Loving it, loving it.. Thank you so much!
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
We! This sequel is off to a flying start! Loving it!

Loved this line: Apparently, it wasn’t healthy to have your heart and liver swap spots.

And the bit about him being used to irritation.

The end was was wonderful. Seeing more of her... you're so creative.

Thanks a bunch for posting a sequel. Can't wait to read more.
corky42 chapter 9 . 11/25/2005
I love you sense of humor! Really, "he was the one that made her accept her blueness"? OMG And they are so clueless - you made my evening - glad I found this story.
queenp chapter 9 . 11/25/2005
*mumble:damn computer glitches:mumble:lost all my bookmarks:mumble* I can't believe that I forgot about this story...AARGH! However, upon rediscovering it, vanity, I thoroughly enjoyed the ending of it...it was hilarious...congrats on a job well done..
PrzbyThis chapter 3 . 11/24/2005
Yeah, i just read the French version as well and was totally thrown off... i mean, come on. What's wrong with 'Snape'?
J. Potter chapter 9 . 10/19/2005
Not quite a fan of the last sumary paragraph but that's just because it seemed quick and hurried, like an after though. Over all it was cute, I still love your writing style and the way you portray Severus. Keep writing so I can keep reading! lol
MysticSong1978 chapter 9 . 10/14/2005
Heheeh! that was great! I loved it very much.
MIDNIGHT-PIXIE chapter 9 . 10/12/2005
it was great fun to read...good story.

~kara~