Reviews for Tears and Trolls
AnavaraAna chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Hey, this is really good. I love the plot, and the character development. Most of the time I find stories that have a wonderful plot and are headed in the right direction, but they are ruined by bad spelling, grammer, punctuation, and the like. But you have a great thing going here... I didnt notice any errors in the afore mentioned... I did notice a sentence that didnt make that much sense "But as the three first years filed out of the bathroom, headed for their dormitory, he briefly wondered if he had lied to save Potter and Black from punishment if they would have treated him better…"... maybe its just me. But anyways, my point is, that I think that you should make this into more of a story. I would definately read all of it, just to see where it is going, because like I said, its got a bunch of good things going for it. And I will review! : D
Jasque chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
I quite like how you put Snape's thoughts into words. Gah I can't even write a decent fic on things like this. Anyway really well written )!
Lady Aegis chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Something interesting to think about, Snape tying the troll scene to his past experiences with Sirius and James, however briefly. Very well-written. I don't normally read one shots, but this story stands out great the way it is.
duj chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Personally I think an afternoon's crying would have made her eyes more than slightly red and he would have noticed them first.

There's no indication in your fic of where he's coming from. In canon apparently he'd gone first to check on the Stone and was nursing a bitten leg that should have appeared somewhere in his thoughts.
droxy chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Very interesting, and well thought out idea.
Verity Brown chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
O, nice! I've always suspected that Snape is not the only teacher who plays favorites, even if he does so more often and more obviously than the others.

I do wonder, though: how did he figure out that it was Harry and Ron who had been teasing her? That was quite a leap to make.
Natsuyori chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
brilliant work! i always wondered what was going through his head at that moment!
azulkan2 chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Like this a lot. Will be waiting for more.
AMRA1 chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
I loved this one-shot story. I appreciate Snape's unwilling sensitivity to Hermione and him personally relating to her situation... including equating Harry, Ron, and Hermione to James, Sirius, and Severus!

I really enjoy the fanfics with the thoughts of canon characters, occurring during events throughout the actual books, as this demonstrates your ability to "get into the mind" of J.K. Rowling's world.

For this reason, I don't see this as a continuing story, as some reviewers are asking; unless, there are other one-shots of Snape's thoughts surrounding other events in the actual story.
Pathatlon chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Wow, that's veyr special, different. YOu've done a good job, especially the last sentence about not having anything in mind with a mudlood and a frined of Potter.
magicmistress071370 chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Wow, this story has quite a few possibilities. I really look forward to seeing what comes next.
Magical Ma chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Interesting storyline-

looking forward to where this may lead. (Does it continue?)
Arabella Fargrove chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Nice beginning so far, well, if it is actually a story and not a one shot, i hope it is. Anyways, update soon. There really isnt much that i can say as far as good and bad, because i didnt find anything bad, at least i didnt see any spelling errors or anything, and so far it does sound good.. maybe you can make it a little longer? i dont know.
Celyia chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Absolutely fantastic! Sweet and subtle, I absolutely love Snape's observations in here and I think you hit him spot on. The man is intelligent and calculating - obviously, he'd know there was more going on and I think you've played this just right. I'd love to see a continuation of it. It would be great to see if this little epiphany will change Snape's response to HG at all.
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6