Reviews for Guilty Until Proven Innocent
TrisakAminawn chapter 3 . 4/18/2011
Yerk...okay...what the fuck? What century is this set in, now? You realize we do lethal injections now, right? Except where they hang on to the electric chair. Only barbaric and cash-strapped principalities still resort to hanging. And they introduced hoods for the process in the fucking eighteenth century, so there wasn't too much personal interaction with the condemned and nobody had to see the bloated face and bulging eyes, because the development of modern sensibilitie were making people all choosy. This is goddamn medieval.

(Also, important distinction-they've got the fancy trap door, but did they put the knot to the right place on the side so his neck would snap, or is he going to strangle slowly and shit down his leg as he goes? Actual skill went into being a hangman. Doing it right got you recognition and the right to sell off the rope of important convicts. Sometimes you even got the guy to sign the rope first.)

What you said about the sixties also made no sense. I doubt Bakura got up to much over the years, but I will concede it theoretically possible.

Also, what the crap did you do to Ryou? The idea of him being convicted of Bakura's crimes is interesting and angsty, but his getting twisted this far around is...yerk, what? He's...he's the kid who typed out defiant messages once he achieved the incredible advantage of controlling his own left hand and sacrificed himself twice in ten minutes to stop the Voice in his head from hurting anyone else. All he ever seemed to want was to be left alone and have a few friends to play with, and he was willing to go without the latter if necessary.

Classic passive personality. Hell's bells, what did the thief *do* to him? 600 hours of torture and carefully nurtured Stockholm Syndrome? He could totally do that without anyone even /noticing./ Shudder.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
What the hell, Ryou? Apparently you did want to kill Malik. Which is horrible and creepy and means you are in fact correct in pleading guilty, so...

Also, the American justice system is actually very slow, especially compared to the Japanese one, and the right of appeal exists even if you plead guilty-who the hell lets it come to trial and /then/ pleads guilty, wasting everyone's money and time-and they never let it happen that fast; you generally wait years on Death Row, and it's technically illegal to execute a minor unless you have them tried as an adult, even in places that practice the death penalty at all, and...agh, there was so much wrong packed into this.

Very emotionally effective until the incoherent bit at the bottom, though.
RococoSpade chapter 3 . 4/24/2008
really good story, but so sad, too.
Spidey meets Wizard-Theif chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
Oh. My. Gosh. Poor Ryou. I've read this story before and was unable to review so I'm doing it now. You did a brilliant job on this story. When I first read it I cried and now when I'm rereading it I'm tearing up again. You did a brilliant job. Great job.

-Wt
A Loyal Reveiwer chapter 3 . 1/3/2007
WAH! Why'd you have to kill them? *sobs loudly* I love this fic! It's one of the best! Though I cry every time I read it.
The Dark Advocate chapter 3 . 5/5/2006
Sob, sob... Beautiful story. So tragic yet so good! I especially loved the poem at the end. Very nice touch! _ Sad... I'm crying for poor Ryou. If only he could be brought back!
Pez Candy chapter 3 . 11/18/2005
I just finished reading “Guilty Until Proven Innocent” for the second time. It really tugs on the heartstrings. I felt so sad for Ryou/Bakura… I’m glad they don’t have that punishment anymore! Scary! This story is a real tearjerker, but written really well. You did a great job on it. I was getting all misty eyed reading it…. It’d be cool if you did a sequel… where Bakura found a new hikari, only a girl instead of a guy, and maybe he goes after the judge who sentenced him; just a thought. Anyway, great story. I enjoyed it a lot. Keep it up!

~Pez Candy
CeresChii chapter 3 . 6/4/2005
Chii: I have to admit, up until the end I had a clump that felt like a rock in my throat.

Ceres: This story is very sad, but the end was the part that got me to cry.

Chii: You write excellant poerty. This by far is one of the best stories I've read so far/

Ceres: Please keep writting these great stories!

Ceres/Chii: And God bless you for caring about the pain of others!
Happiness's Deceit chapter 3 . 6/3/2005
TT: ...omg...that was so mean...*sobs*

Kai: Interesting enough. I liked your poem at the end. Write more like this, ne?
Pharaoh's Queen chapter 3 . 5/26/2005
T_T, T_T, T_T! MAJOR TEARS! HOW COULD YOU? WAH! Poor Ryou, poor Bakura! This was so sad! "whimper" "whimper" "sob" (So well written. I felt like I was Ryou/Bakura) T_T Bye...
Midnight and Fangirl Kalika chapter 3 . 4/7/2005
Wow, you wrote this? It's beautiful. I mean, ignoring the blood and death and despair. Most people assume too many things, they end up thinking they know. And then they don't care what the truth IS any more, and wouldn't believe you if you told them. Never give a second chance, just go for what they think is right. It was really engaging, and really sad, and incredibly beautiful. You can't help but feel immensely sorry for Ryou. Poor kid..
browser chapter 3 . 4/1/2005
I always think about how stories could continue, or what would happen if things took a different turn but I never write these things down most of them are kind of depressing like this. Way to Go!