Reviews for The Lying Kind
secretstar chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
I remember reading this a couple of months ago ... but never getting around to reviewing it until now. My apologies for the short delay. Anyway, as I was reading your story, a very conceited thought came into my mind ... your style reminds me a lot of mine. How's that for conceited, huh? Anyway, I know it's stupid to say this here, but I just wanted to tell you. Now ... on with the review.

I love how you started out, clear, poignant and raw. So, so raw. "He tells her lies at night. Some girls get whispered sweet nothings, but she gets lies, breathed out so softly and easily that she wants to hate him for it." - I loved that. It painted such a picture in my mind.

I love the lying, the character of Jess in all his glory, the inner-battles, and I love how you've created this little delusional sense that surrounds their relationship:

"He wants her to grab, and kiss passionately, pull him into the bedroom, and never let him leave.

She wants him to say he loves her, whisper it as he kisses her neck.

But they know that the lies only come when the sun goes down.

They think that maybe they’re okay with that."

Utterly brilliant, very fitting for the R/J relationship. Wonderful job. )
music4mysoul chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
This is so good!
darkness3 chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
what do you think feels 'being jessed' like? him coming back, and one just kind of forgets. forgets all the stuff one wanted to tell him, all the hard feelings, and one thinks, 'maybe i've changed, maybe he has changed, maybe it's gonna be alright now'

and knowing that this is oh so not true...

loved your story, simply had to wonder.
Encarta chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
So dark and beautiful at the same time. Well written, so much so that it draws you in and you can't stop reading. Very well done.
Alibeth25 chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
this is an awesome story. i thought is well written. i think you are a great writer.
vintagequeen chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Loved it.

Just...loved it.
someone5 chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
This was really great!
Teary-Eyed Angel chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Wow. This was very intense. I loved it.
tegan chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
wow. I really really enjoyed this. it was written so well. the only thing i can think of saying is yeah..ill throw in an amazing as well!

AquarianGirl chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Wow! This story was very deep and intense. Great descriptions on how the couple felt.

I imagine thats how things would've gone if she had gone back with him.
smile1 chapter 1 . 3/1/2005

Beautiful and brilliant.

Bye, smile :-)
midtowngirl89 chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
I really enjoyed it. The imagery was excellent and the emotions were real. Great job.
sarahmariano chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
ahh tina! that was so awesome. you know i love one parters rite? you must know that, cuz you obviously wrote it for me ;) haha seriously tho, wow that's freakin amazing. it's so dark, but not. crazy. you're awesome at capturing their moods and characters. keep writing hun, you're such a great writer, i'm so jealous lol :D