Reviews for Imperator
SpiritOfSherwood chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Grimdark. Perfect for the 40k setting. Perhaps you could write another chapter recounting the Emperor's rebirth. Come on, you KNOW it's gonna happen if GW actually got its shit together and advanced the plot. Anyhoo, titillating food for thought you've got there.

The Spirit
exitus10 chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
This is not really to do with philosophy, it is the thoughts of a god-like being and a shell of his true calculations. He is the beacon for lost souls, but there is no one to look for him when he is lost, a human quality bought about by the thoughts of being a Human in essence. This is the Emperor's helplessness and his utter loneliness when he says my "own son" which is trying to be portrayed but in the end doesn't make it. Or Does it?

- Exitus: Repensum est Canicula!
Slayer of Daemons chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
whoa...

that was awesome. very drug induced, but awesome.
De Griff chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
WOW!

FUCKING WOW!

Just,..., WOW!

Your defonatly goin on my faves list just 4 dis!

All the thickness of philosophical genious!

MY EARS ASSAILED OF THE PLEASURES OF LIFE!

I..

Im thoughtless, yet, Inspired

Cheers!
tom opdam chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
The writer is incredibly pretentious - "Large thoughts" indeed. I don't think real philosophy is for your brain, mate.
Extartius chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Loved this. An interesting and thought-provoking angle on something most avid fans take for granted.

Very good.
InactiveNotUsed chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
Some of your reviewers aren't exactly polite . . . :)

Anyway, I like this a lot - it isn't as philosophical as you threatened! The pseudo-religious elements are very nice, and quite suitable for the subject.

I think that the work may be better served by a slightly more dis-jointed style, to reflect the Emperor's incipient insanity as suggest by Ian Watson in "Draco" (formerly "Inquisitor")
RegisSantia chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
Very good, and clever.

Written with a sad yet detatched nobility that really highlights the Emperor's dignity in his ultimate predicament.

In a rather randomn aside I think that Priam would be a good name for the Emperor in his pre-Imperial days, but that's obviously completely unsupported.

Do you have any thoughts on the physical size of the Emperor in the days before the Golden Throne?

With praise, and should you answer my question, thanks,

Regis Santia
Sgt. Panda chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Excellent. Just Excellent. You've reminded us all that the Emperor was once a human, too. That he was not always the God he is now. Amazing.
dunno chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
actualy the primarchs were in a sense his sons because he created them from his own flesh and power. i liked your story although i've always felt that the emperor's thoghts would be a little more abstract then that.
Tinhamodic chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
Very nice. I like how you make the Emperor feels every death and suffering, even in the warp. It makes all those countless deaths in all those countless wars not meaningless. That the Emperor do hear their prayers. Great job dude!
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU I HAVE NO NAME chapter 1 . 4/1/2005
Hello, its your worst nightmare again (to find out who I am read the review of the story about the blood worshiping angelic freaks) nice story, I think you like the idea of there being a dark gothic universe full of religion and intrigue more than you like the idea of the individual details of the killing, and I like the idea of the individual details of the killing (that is I like action) this doesn't have much of it. Its obviously not my kind of story and while it was pretty well written I think that noone, that is NOONE should be writing about the emperor. He is a mystery. Leave it at that. hehe I offended you now. Signing off, your worst nightmare
Saraneth chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Imperator is AWESOME. Novaloria, look up metaphor in the dictionary.
Novaloria chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Eyes that have never before been used?

You do know of the Horus Heresy? How the Emperor fought Warmaster Horus (who wasn't his son) and triumphed, but that he was mortally wounded and forever consigned to the Golden Throne, his life-support system. A basic knowledge is recommended.
Wakizaeshi chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
such great wording about the emperor. one of the better fanfics i have read with better wording and phrases