Reviews for Midnight Musings
quiller chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
You've done a good job here getting inside John's head and showing how helpless he can feel at times. Sounds like the poor guy is in need of some serious counselling. 'quis custodes ipsos custodiet' indeed.
Agent Five chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
Wo. Love the style. The subject matter holds a reality that is really quite moving and I enjoyed reading this, despite the needed depth. (Poor bloke. I much prefer the movie-version of his shifts aboard TB5; much more healthy .. 3 weeks of dealing with days like these and 7 days to get some serious family - or other! - therapy.)
Assena chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
wow.

That was so fantastic. A glimpse into that... we never really understand what real rescue workers go through. I guess this is the closest we'll get to that. So cool tho. I bet all the boys have their moments, tho, wishing they could do more, wondering how they can walk away from screaming people they know will be dead in seconds anyway. *shivers* Powerful stuff. Well done.
white rose01 chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
great fic, well done. i think you've captured Johns thoughts and feelings on a failed rescue really well. it would be harsh on anyone to have to play god, but even worse for him as hes so young. i think youve portrayed his feelings of guilt and failure really well.
Math Girl chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
Interesting, and touching. Hearing the scene from John's point of view makes you want to give him a hug. Poor guy's on permanent duty as a 911 operator. Good job with the emotions, restrained, and powerful.
Ariel D chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
In one word: wow. Powerful. And I agree-the ones who aren't saved are going to have an impact on John; the memories of them would haunt him. Rescue workers, doctors, nurses...they deal with this, and I'm glad you chose to write a piece on it. Bravo.
AngelMouse5 chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
Wow.

Completely and utterly wow. What an awesomely well written fic. It just blew my mind. You've captured John's angst perfectly I think. As a massive John fan I love reading any and all fics centring him, and this is a good one.

It's an original fic as well, as very few fics I have come across deal with the one's they don't rescue, they don't get to in time. Also, I've included a link to a website that hosts purely John fiction. I think - if you want to that is - this story would be lovely on there. Just tell ém that Angel Mouse sent ya! :)
Tikatu chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Marvelous! A wonderful window into the psyche of John and how he feels after he has "failed". Like many rescue workers, he has to put the "failures" aside and concentrate on the "successes" or he wouldn't be able to function. Very nicely done and worth recommending.
Princess Tyler Briefs chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
*is in aw of this story* That's so...wow. Its amazingly deep and wonderful. I can't find the words to describe exactly what it is I feel from this story.

Poor John, he really needs help. Playing god at 22...that would be like trying to take over the place of Atlas...hm. Interesting story idea there...anyway...

I loved this story, if you can't tell. If you don't mind, I'm going to stick it in my C2 community. I just...wow.
Opal Girl chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Oh wow! This story has such insight into the mind of all those people like John, such as 911 operators, policemen, and firefighters, who have to make choices about how a bad situation should be handled and who gets rescued first. Rarely do people stop to think what they must go through knowing they can't save everyone. Your a terrific writer, keep up the great work.