Reviews for Song of the Shieldmaidens
Redi chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Great piece of work,
and with as being the narrator the land itself,
becomes even more beautiful on my eyes.
The warrior woman should be more honored like this.
Thank for the poem.
Lattelady chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
Just lovely, it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work.
lola chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
very very nice
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
beautiful, as all your work is. I heard many voices singing this lament. Rohan, the actual Rohirrim, the horses, or even someone like Eowyn, who can look to this as inspiration. She is left behind when the men ride away, like Eomer and Theodred, and they all leave her, and she has naught to hold onto but the legends of the Shieldmaidens of old, her heroes. good job.
Ang3l666 chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Hrm...It's interesting. I like it alot. At first I didn't understand who was saying the poem...or who it was refering to, but now that I read that you said it was actually Rohan, I get it. I really like it. Great stuff!
notesinred chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
I saw you on White Lady and followed you back here-hope you don't mind. :)

This is beautifully done! It's nice to find someone else that appreciates the Rohan spirit not just in terms of hijacking particular characters for nefarious fangirly purposes, but for the underlying culture and ideas that shape the country behind the individuals. This is a great example of going back to the roots, so to speak, and creating piece that *could* have been "real."

The note at the end was very nice. _ I've read the old epics and a lot of contemporary celtic poetry, but I might not have recognized the format otherwise...good job!
Jen Lewis chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
This is an incredible piece of poetry. I like the format and the flow of it. However, my favorite part is your note at the bottom I don't think that I would have been able to appreciate the poem as much as I do if it had not been for your note. Thank you.
Seriously Wrong chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
Very nicely done and quite refreshing to read.