Reviews for Reign of Power
Krimsons chapter 16 . 11/25
This story had so much potential. The setup was done fairly well. However, two major things have eroded the quality. First, Harry pulls these random powers out of nowhere. There's nothing wrong with a powerful character, but that power needs to have limits and it needs to be foreshadowed in some way. Second, no one is calling Harry out on his hypocrisy. In fact, halfway through the story, he hasn't faced resistance or failure at all. You have him going on and on about everyone else being wrong and manipulative but then have him going and doing the same thing. Which would be fine, if he either recognizes that and does so purposefully, or if someone or something eventually makes him see the error of his ways. I certainly hope the latter will come to pass later on in the story.
Talonwalker chapter 29 . 11/15
Great story!
Jonanjo chapter 29 . 10/11
This could have been a really good story. It needed tons of editing. There wasn't hardly any interaction between characters. Too much explaining about things that bored me silly. I wound up skipping many pages to get to something interesting. Too much was left unsaid also. I'd love to see a sequel, without all the dialog, where Harry grows up, having been trained by his minders, and takes over the ministry with all 5 rings.
cztelnik chapter 1 . 8/19
Coming back to read a well told story is like walking down a beloved trail. There are always little surprises and nuances that make it a lovely journey despite having traveled it before. This is one of those fics.
excellent story
RandomShtScinceWhenever chapter 19 . 6/26
It may not be in this chapter, but I'm going to say it anyways: Ginerva, not Virginia.

Also, about the water dragons: NESSIE!
Darth66 chapter 25 . 6/16
Rowgaths tower an anagram of hogwarts tower, but which one the griffindor, ravenclaw, astronomy, or the divin... its the divinition tower isn't it with how the seer teachers reside cos it keeps the inner eye clear
Wow this went to shit instantly.
Hitmen101 chapter 29 . 4/29
Very vivid story I really liked it! Thanks for making an awesome story!
PrettyGirlBPD13 chapter 29 . 4/23
10 years later this fic still holds up and is still finding new readers. I'm not sure if you'll ever see this, but this is definitely one of the best HP fics I've found. I noticed there were a lot of complaints about the grammar and you yourself seemed concerned about it throughout, but it by no means took anything away from this story. The plot was so original despite using many of what have become fandom cliches because you didn't rely on them to tell the story but used them as devices to build a story around. Like having Harry be heir to multiple founders and powerful families. You didn't just rely on that to explain his power and destiny but used them to explain others behavior (Sirius, Voldemort, etc), to give him resources to better himself, to motivate him to follow his "luck", to force him to forge his own path. You never let Harry simply rest on his inherited powers but forced him to continually work, make his own choices, and learn to live with those choices whatever the consequence. Your OCs were pretty spectacular because you made them well rounded instead of caricatures. The way you managed to weave certain elements throughout and foreshadow events without giving them away was brilliant. And the ending was an absolute surprise but so very fitting for the boy who lived to actually get to LIVE as he always was meant to. I do wish we could've found out what became of young Harry and if he ever managed to fulfill the Founders promise of bringing the magical world together.
EverydayClumsy chapter 29 . 4/15
Dude... Wow...
This is so good.
bookwormbhavna chapter 19 . 3/20
loch ness and king arthur
moodysavage chapter 29 . 2/12
Wow so so wonderful.
moodysavage chapter 22 . 2/10
Best line... "he'd given up on any delusions that he might grow" lol
moodysavage chapter 15 . 2/8
'He who shall inspire gawking'lol love that line.
3,387 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »