Reviews for Reign of Power
Guest chapter 20 . 11/21/2014
aquamarine, turquoise, azure, cerulean, sky, all other types of blue...
sea-kingdom chapter 29 . 11/16/2014
wow
this is amazing
it's such a unique idea with a plot that just twists and turns and always leaves you hanging
it's perfect
i love everything about it, from harry's many lordships, to the birds made of magic he used to protect his allies, to his interactions with the vampires and the werewolves, and him turning against both voldemort and dumbledore and defeating them both with raw power, and turning into a baby to live a proper childhood in the end...
and the gifts of the bloodlines, with the black family's fire, and his friendship with nott, and nott's relationship with daphne and all of it is perfection
i did not see the ending coming, it was impossible to predict, and i just love it
TsuQ chapter 29 . 11/11/2014
Incredibly good story. Found some parts of the plot incomprehensible, but that is almost to be expected given the late heavy presence of unclear visions and magical insight. The foreshadowing and plot is quite tight, though I expected Harry to become a Vampire at some point - there were 2 or 3 bits of foreshadowing pointing in that direction. The original spell work was good, and quite interesting. The direction you took with Ron was quite surprising in many ways, but very effective. Speaking of which, most of the characters seemed to have an unusual amount of depth while remaining consistent with what you might expect. Good stuff.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/17/2014
Actually I'm pretty sure "Caliga" is 'shoe' or 'heavy boot'
LordMerlinEmrys chapter 27 . 9/26/2014
Some of the best battle fiction I've ever read.
LordMerlinEmrys chapter 17 . 9/26/2014
It's Ginevra, not Virginia. Otherwise, very good story.
ClownWhosFeelnDown chapter 7 . 9/17/2014
Very good
nortorel chapter 29 . 9/10/2014
Tha͛nk you for writing this wonderful story. Loved it very much. Though wouldn't it been better to use the bones of the fa͛ther? As Ha͛rry's mother's blood line is the link to the Founders? The breaking of the curse seemed to require the extermination of all founder's blood lines.
Epwydadlan chapter 8 . 8/20/2014
this is a great story! I like the path that Harry is taking but could you send me a copy of this to beta? There are a few typos in here and I'd like to help make sure that readers aren't hindered by the occasional typo and be distracted from the story
Guest chapter 29 . 8/14/2014
Character from canon. It was all such drag and distraction from the awesome story.

However i have to repeat the story and the rest of the characters were EPIC!
Also the way you ended with the three of them fighting was fantastic! The end battle was great and i really like how Harry beat them both with the ritual.
So to recap.. Fantastic story, characters, writing and plot with the same sad little canon Harry with a few changes.
Defo worth a read.
Guest chapter 29 . 8/14/2014
Let me start by saying this is a great story.. Truly great. One of the best on the site, in terms of how well it was written and how the characters, lore and story were developed as it went along.
Really and truly worth a read but i have to point out that Harry in this is really disappointing.. You say how he has trained in the chamber of secrets and sneaked around the summer before 7nth year and then his serious attitude during the year was all great and i was thinking okay this is going to be a smart Harry takes control of his life, learns his stuff and beats Voldie and Dumbles along with a fantastic plot. You were hinting at dumbledore being a dick the whole way through..
But then at the firts battle Harry gets into which was about 2/3rds of the way in he uses reducto and wingardium leviosa. I almost stopped reading right there. Harry is so pathetic and angtsy in your story it almost ruined the entire thing for me. You talked him up having all this power with his aura and that inherited fire he has but he is just the same sad little character from i
Wintercearig chapter 29 . 8/2/2014
Okay, so this review is to those who might be about to read this fic, rather than the rather brilliant author Fayr Warning (simply because I'm not sure they're about any more-if you are, then take it as it is).

This fic is extremely engaging in many ways. The descriptions are fantastic and it is very well paced, though it could have done with the chapters being cut down a little, as more things sometimes happen in one chapter than is processable for some people. The prose is...well, it's a very well written fic as long as you don't let the lack of commas bother you-other than that there aren't any real grammar problems (personally after a while my mind just inserted commas for me). The depth of character is more than I've come to expect from many fanfic writers and they're both realistic and likeable; the oc's are quite an acievement, as they don't detract from the story but add to it. Some of the ideas this fic pioneers have become staples in works that have followed: for example bloodtraits such as the Black Flame. It is regretful that some plot points seem to fizzle out to nothing (Morrigan and the Wizengamot Powerplay; Diggory and the Wand in the Brothel), but don't let that stop you from reading! It doesn't detract from the main storyline too much. The ending feels rushed somewhat, but you won't be able to stop reading until you get there! The ending is very different to other fics of it's type.

I would definitely recomened this fic to anyone whose looking for a fast paced, action filled and completed Harry-centric story. It's a little darker than many but doesn't really have a Harry who's gone off the deep end (though he seems pretty disturbed) with regards to the Dark Arts (in fact it's barely mentioned that he's not-exactly-light). I couldn't put this down (well, except when mine and my family's needs required me to) for three days. I am most gratified to have seen the story reach it's conclusion.

In essence, I enjoyed this fic very much. I think there are points where things could have been done better, but I love it nonetheless.
Eve chapter 29 . 7/27/2014
What a wonderful story. I couldn't put it down. And that just made me wonder-how come you never really wrote anything else? It's a shame, because that ending just screams for another story.

Thank you for a wonderful read. And I hope that one day, you have the time and inclination to visit the realm of this story again, and tell us how Harry lived his second life.
nzd chapter 29 . 7/27/2014
What an amazing story this was. Thank you! Definitely one of the best fanfictions ever written.
CriticalCreative chapter 29 . 7/23/2014
Just a suggestion, but did you think about not telling that Harry was performing the ritual during the battle? Make it seem like Harry had died, and then make a scene where Ron finds the baby, and then you could put a flashback to the moments where Harry grabs the blood of the enemy and flesh of the servant. It's just a bit more drama.
3,238 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »