Reviews for Reign of Power
Nenagh24 chapter 12 . 3/31/2005
::Gasps:: I was mentioned at the end of the chapter! ::Faints::

::After a short recovery period:: I Love how you showed the seperations between even the Lords of the wizarding world, makes it seem like it could be part of the actual books! (If JKR could use this amazingly cool plot, that is. If she asks, sell it for a really high price. Make her work for it!) -~

The way that you set up the characters is really awesome. Neville showed exactly why he was put in Gryffindor and Theodore Nott is now one of my favorite characters. Which is rather odd considering how little he is mentioned in the actual books! I do hope you won't kill him off, he reminds me of another character I liked from a totaly different story!

Glad you took the time durring spring break to give us another chapter! Thank you very much! Hope you enjoy the rest of it!

::Hands you a pie::

~Nenagh
captuniv chapter 12 . 3/31/2005
Woo Hoo! An update! And it's nice you didn't hunt down any rabid plot bunnies so far while enjoying Spring Break. ;)

Interesting first session of the Wizengamot Council. Like the little digs Harry has been sending out. Nott is an enigma but I have a feeling he may become very important later.

I can understand the no romance angle, but celebacy? That's harsh, you'd think that Harry could at least get laid now that he's a Lord. Say, maybe a little Hufflepuff action with a Lady? ;)

Yeah, I can definitely see Fudge trying to make points for himself after that little rant from Harry. It had to cost him some. But I can't wait to see how Harry would respond.

Keep it coming! I look forward to chapter 13.
jbfritz chapter 12 . 3/31/2005
Great chapter! Please post more soon!
japanese-jew chapter 12 . 3/31/2005
R4B1D1TY
fhippogriff chapter 12 . 3/31/2005
I really enjoy your story. Harry is a Lord and heading into very political waters, but you keep him from being too Percy-like. He has confidence (some angst fanfiction has Harry in tatters on the inside). He is not overbearing or Malfoy-like. He's actually very Slytherin, closely planning, not giving away too much too soon (Morrigan), not tooting his own horn, but very conscious of where he sits and each little interaction. I really like this Harry. He doesn't seem the same kid that blindly took off to save Sirius. But I guess you had him learn a lot from that episode, and his Gryffindor side is being tamed by his Slytherin side. Can't wait to see him revealed as Morrigan, but I'm guessing that's a long way away in the story. Will he even claim Salazar's lineage? (Did I remember that right?, I think there's a ring he hasn't put on yet.)

Who traded grins after Harry insulted the minister? I'm guessing it was Harry and Neville.
serious.effort chapter 12 . 3/31/2005
Excellence. _ looking forward to more.
MadEyes chapter 12 . 3/31/2005
Wickedly awesome!

-gives a chocolate chip cookie to the worthy author and pets her head while she purrs- There, there, just update again and ill give you some fish, alright?

Well I read the new chapter and what can I say? I smiled, I grinned, I laughed and I pouted…

Then I resigned myself to wait for the next chapter to be uploaded.

Tragic, right?

Anyways, as always, a wonderful journey into the inner most workings of wizarding politics. I truly love the way you explained the different factions and arrayed Harry’s expressions and reactions to suit his needs. He is a truly resourceful young man, is he not?

As for the interactions between Nott and Harry, Neville and Harry, and of course, the confrontations between Harry and Fudge, and the short exchange with Dumbledore; I can only say: Superb. Keep up the good work and update soon!

Faithful ‘Reigns of Power’ groupie and president of the ‘Update Now Club,’

-MadEyes.
yuiop chapter 11 . 3/30/2005
This is great please update soon!
washedout chapter 11 . 3/30/2005
Wicked fic!
lucas13 chapter 11 . 3/29/2005
Occasional snogging is always good...

Great fic by the way.

I dont think he should have any serious relationship right now, but it doesnt mean he cant get a few snogs here and there...
MadEyes chapter 2 . 3/29/2005
Ahem! -looks around and raises an eyebrow- I say! Update now! Merlin knows whe've waited long enough. -mutters crossly about how all the authors are slacking off because of easter break and stalks out of the room-

-MadEyes.

P.S. Ginoeh, welcome into the ranks of the 'Update Now' club... -hands you membership pin-
ronneem chapter 11 . 3/28/2005
Very well done. I read all eleven chapters in an afternoon and enjoyed them all. The plot is complicated, enjoyable, and intriguing. The characterizations are plausible, and the way you run the threads of potential plots lines are great. I can't wait for the next piece.
harrywandless chapter 11 . 3/28/2005
Okidoki,

so I found your story on someone elses favorite story list and found the summary short but well written and very alluring.

I've read my fear share of fanfictions ( read close to 450 stories, completed and WIP) and I find myself generally able to devide different stories into catagories quite quickly. For example there are the harry is sent to Azkaban stories, for some unimaginable act where all his friends are all suddenly convinced Harry's turning out to be a Dark lord.

There are the stories that make Harry 'suddenly' realise he's in love with Ginny Weasly and then spend 100 0 words not on actual story development, but on blabbering about how lovely ginny's red hair is in the light of the common room fire place, or how much the feeling between them makes electricity run through his body. GAG!

Out of all the stories out there youres is one of only a few that focus on the center fact of the Harry Potter universe. Namely, Harry Potter.

His name begins all the tittles of all the books and movies out there. Yet you find massive amounts of fanfictions dribbeling about hermiones feelings or the love between George weasly and Katie Bell. Well sorry, nothing personal, but see if I care.

Rowling has kept caracter development for almost all caracters in her books to the essentials. Being a childrens book a certain measure of simplicity must , understandebly, be maintained.

So it is always refreshing to find a story that stays true to the spirit of the Potter universe.

Add to it your wonderfully mature and almost victorian way with the english language, I did not hesitate in reading your entire fiction in one stroke, and swiftly added you to my author alert list.

Although there are some grammatical and vocabulary mistakes, they are dwarved by the wonderfully detailled new aspects you have added to Harry Potter's world. Without it going overboard every new addition you have made had only added to the richly divers and creative world that Rowling has created.

Add to that, that this is your first attempt at fanfiction and I was almost awed by the story you have managed to create for us.

Count me as one off you faithfull readers, who may not always review, but who will always eagerly anticipate your updates and take pleasure in the story you will continue to tell.
White Merlin chapter 11 . 3/27/2005
Good Story.

Please update soon.
ginoeh chapter 11 . 3/26/2005
This is really your first story?

I'm absolutely impressed!

As of yet, you have managed to not make Harry appear all too powerful but his power still shines through. That's good work.

But I'd advice against any romantic relationships. IMO, it doesn't fit in with the storyline you've displayed so far.

You know what? I think I'll join MadEyes Update Now Club...

bye ginoeh