Reviews for Brother Squadron
999 the 9th chapter 19 . 3/18/2013
This is going on my favorites list.
didsomeonesayventus chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Favoriting!
Shadsie chapter 18 . 10/26/2011
Alright, I found this on TV Tropes' Fic Recommendations page. (Don't let it go to your head, kid, I've got two different fics in two different categories there and I still ain't internets-famous). It's still an honor, though, so congrats.

I started reading and read until four in the morning. Again, congrats.

I like how this carried the spirt/general personalilties of Nintendo's characters will still being way, way outside of canon. There will never be a Super Smash Bros. game like this. Then again, there will never be the Ganondorf-centric Zelda game that I crave, either.

My one nitpick would be how often characters use the f-word and how Link seems to be particularly fond of "cocksucker." I'm not offended by the profanity - it's wholly appropriate for soliders trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, it's just that when any one word is overused, it starts sounding like a verbal tic and often comes across as more comical than punchy. If someone were using the word "murder" or the word "strawberry" or "insert random word here" it'd be the same thing.

I like the little twists of this. You get particular props for the Captain Falcon issue in that you had Link kill one of his own in cold blood, but he remained a good guy/a hero because of the circumstances (mercy kill), and how he was emotionally affected by it. I found the reunion of the Mario Brothers very touching and I absolutely adored the twist with Link's idenitity. It's especially jarring - we're introduced to this hardened wasteland-warrior badass and it turns out... that's cute little YOUNG Link? (And the elder Link met his death with dignity). Very cool.

I can definitely see why someone put it on the Tropers' recommends. (Let's hope you are still reading reviews on an old story).
Kikifoo chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
This was simply amazing!

And I love where this is going! The style, the characters, the plot are all are all addicting! I can't wait to read more! :D
Some Random Person chapter 18 . 6/5/2010
YAY! THEY MADE IT!

absolutely THE best fanfic I've ever read

:D

(if you're wondering why I skipped the last chappie, I just didn't feel like reviewing that slightly emo chapter. ;D)
Some Random Person chapter 13 . 6/5/2010
I didn't notice the symbolism in the beginning...-_-*

I DID notice the symbolism in this entire thing!

.Master Hand Hitler

.Frames Nazis

.Brother Squadron Allies

.Other nintendians Jews

Am I right or am I right?

STILL FRICKIN GOOD!D
Some Random Person chapter 12 . 6/5/2010
man... does that gallows scene have to be brought up again?

IT'S SO DAMN EMO! I still hate the whole bad teams with good thing...

still good and still addicting as drugs!
Some Random Person chapter 11 . 6/5/2010
short... but good as the others! poor popo and nana :(

they were so young...

this just shows how sick master hand is. a twisted little bitch...:( make some more of this! IT'S SO DANG COOL!
Some Random Person chapter 10 . 6/5/2010
urg... GANON AND LINK WORKING TOGETHER IS JUST WRONG!

-_- it's almost as bad as yaoi crap...

writing is still good! keep up the good work!
Some Random Person chapter 9 . 6/5/2010
I remember when I read this for the first time. I thought the older Link was the younger link's dad. ;D boy was I wrong!

You know... Link was a little young to see that... to young to see death...especially his older self he loved so much...*sniff*sniff*

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:( *sniffle*sniffle* urg, THAT SCENE IS JUST TO EMO!

though the writing is still great and the king of all fanfics.

now if you'll excuse me, I have to go cry out the fact that one of the Links is dead...
Some Random Person chapter 8 . 6/5/2010
It's about time that crazy guy died somewhere! (by somewhere I mean in some sort of media) At least he died happy! ;) YAY! THIS IS SOOOO AWSOME!
Some Random Person chapter 7 . 6/5/2010
W00T THE MARIO BROS ARE BACK! U BETTER WATCH IT U STUPID FRAMES!

good grief, this is addicting as drugs! SOOOOOOO EXCELLENT!
Some Random Person chapter 6 . 6/5/2010
why on earth did you call it an ambush? Mario Kicked their sorry little asses! Oh Well, Still good!
Some Random Person chapter 5 . 6/5/2010
YAY ZELDA! BTW what are the lyrics to the song?

are they supposed to sound like zelda's lullaby?

Oh, AND OHMIGOSH TEXAS HOLD'EM IS STILL ALIVE? GOODNESS!

this is what? 10,000,000 years in the future? Ah well, that just proves that TEXAS ROCKS!
Some Random Person chapter 4 . 6/5/2010
W00T! THIS IS ALWAYS GOOD NO MATTER WHAT!

(sry I'm writing in CAPS. I'm just SOOOOO luvin it!)

this fanfic is the absolute best fanfic on the web!