Reviews for The Shadow Within
Peridot Tears chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
I like this take on their relationship. I find an amount of the circumstances to be awfully personal to me myself.

How they both still feel the shadow of neglect; how similar they are - how they both are very well aware of those factors.

You even take it a step further by exploring Legolas and Thranduil's different views of men, and, hell, even by bringing up the issues of immortality; I really enjoy how these topics are treated in this story, and oh my God, my review sounds so much like a damn textbook description, I don't even.

But, really. Bottom line, I really enjoyed this.

teeheegimli

PT
Aranel Mereneth chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Excellent :)
GreenGreatDragon chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
wow! really well done! i absolutely love the portrayal of the relationship between thranduil and legolas. and all the little details you added - such as the wine - really made it come to life. again, well done!
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
A great story. Very well written.
UniCornVampire3z chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
wow, that is a really awesome story, for a minute there i almost agreed with Thranduil's views on aragorn! i thought this story was very moving, and the conversation with legolas and aragorn seemed very natural, like what a conversation between them would have gone like. its an insight into what they must have been like after aragorn was crowned king. very well written, and very moving
LtSonya chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
I think the most powerful part of this story was the relationship between Thranduil and Legolas. I don't think I've read a story yet that managed to convey all those emotions in such a short piece. It was really heart-felt reading Thranduil's frustration about his inability to help his son; to give Legolas the kind of comfort he needed. Not only that but I fully believed that this is what Legolas would have been going through as he watched his close companions dying around him. You really did nail the emotional level on this story - and even had a short bit of light humor with Gimli's letter. Not easy to do!

- LtSonya
Just Sleeping chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
OH what a beautiful fanfic! How lovely. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It isn't very often that I read and review stories of which I am not aquainted with the author's writing or style. But I came across your short story and absolutely fell in love with it! There should definitely be more reviews in your reviewer section... I have never read a fanfic that brings up this matter concerning Legolas so comprehensively or so gracefully. I commend you on your tasteful, and wonderfully written story.
Faerlain chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
(couldn't be asked to log in...)

Wow, how truly amazing was that? I loved it. Do another, i beseech you1 (Look, I'm even using big words...)

~Faerlain~
SofiaB chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
Oh, that was so good! Legolas should of known befriending a mortal would eventually bring him grief, but still I know how he feels.

-sofia
orlandochick05 chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
Awesome! We went into the story a little fast but otherwise it was great. I love Thranduil and Legolas stories. I really like your Thranduil. He's really stubborn, which exactly how he should be. And I've actually never heard anyone say before that Aragorn was the cause of everyone's problems. I suppose it's true though. Oh yes, and how come Thranduil's so sad and broken from his father's death but not his mothers? Pft, that is so typical of Thranduil!
Tinnuial chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
That was such a beautiful, bittersweet little story. The books say nothing about it and few fanfiction writers care to write about it either, but Thranduil and Legolas must have faced a tremendous amount of sorrow after the Ring war. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Deana chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
Poor Legolas! That was an EXCELLENT story! Great job! :)