Reviews for Pet Project
natashaa78 chapter 52 . 10/19
I have to say, this is incredible. In a time were a hurricane just hit where I live-Puerto Rico- and there isn’t any electricity, nothing to entertain myself. However, whenever I could, in fact, charge my phone or tablet I enjoyed this amazing piece of work. Truly, I love it.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 52 . 10/13
This story was a fun ride; thanks for persevering with it to the end. You had a lot of really wonderful ideas, and I love the way you managed to incorporate occasional touches from canon, while still putting your own spin on them.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 51 . 10/13
My god! Your ending to the battle was better than Rowling's! Having Harry use a lullaby to quiet Voldemort - and having that lullaby be taken up by all of Harry's supporters - was so beautiful it made me tear up.

I also love your idea of using the Dark Mark AGAINST Voldemort and his supporters. Using Hermione's affinity with Snape to make her the only one capable to taking down multiple Death Eaters at once, that was genius on your part.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 49 . 10/13
Loved the line, "Later I will be a veritable banquet for your insatiable curiosity." :-)
WeirdLittleStories chapter 45 . 10/13
I agree with you that many of the things Rowling wrote in the books don't make sense. But I think you're overlooking something in your Author's Note 3 in this chapter.

In DH, Harry doesn't just HEAR that Snape loved his mother. Through the Pensive, Harry experiences Snape's memories as if he WERE Snape. Harry FEELS Snape's love for his mother, FEELS Snape's desperation to protect her, FEELS Snape's pain at having to continue to pretend to be a Death Eater. It's not just one more conversation, it truly is a mind-changing, life-changing experience to get to experience all those moments as if he were Snape. The Pensive is a very powerful tool, and the experience of BEING another person has to give one empathy for that person in a way that simply talking wouldn't do.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 25 . 10/12
I love your idea that it's Snape's constant suppression that leads to his frequent nightmares. Muggle psychology would agree with you. :-)

A very short conversation tired Snape out yesterday, so how is he up to an intense session of grilling Hermione today?
WeirdLittleStories chapter 19 . 10/12
That's brilliant! It's a brilliant plan of Hermione's, and it's brilliant of YOU to have her "repaid" with house elves of her very own. A lot of things recur in HG/SS stories, but I've never seen THIS before. Cool!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 17 . 10/12
I'm surprised to hear that you hate writing conversations, because I enjoyed this one. Then again, I LOVE writing conversations. :-)
WeirdLittleStories chapter 15 . 10/12
I loved your reason for Snape's continual goading of Harry and his discussion of how easy Dark magic is.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 13 . 10/12
This was obviously written before Deathly Hallows came out, and we learned Snape's backstory. I must say that I like the version you give here better than the one Rowling made for us. You make Voldemort sound like a cult leader who preys upon the socially marginal and disaffected in the way that cult leaders do, easing them gradually into more and more deviant behavior. I found your version far more plausible. And I liked Snape's realizing how revolting Voldemort's plans were better than his abandoning everything only for Lily.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 12 . 10/12
Ah, hex signs! I grew up just south of Philadelphia, and the Pennsylvania Dutch sold hex signs in a shop near us. My mother loved them, so we had several.

I'm still enjoying your story. I love the idea that Rink thinks of Hermione as two people, the young miss that he serves and the Hermy that helps him serve Snape.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 7 . 10/12
Rowling has created a very INTERESTING character in Severus Snape, but not a very REALISTIC one. No one could walk the path Snape is walking without cracking, as you yourself clearly know. That's part of the problem with writing Harry Potter fan fiction - the characters are interesting, but (except for Ron) they're mostly too strong to be actual people, so it's hard to apply realism to them.

None of this is a slam at your story, which you're doing very well.
sarahmchugs chapter 52 . 10/11
This was an absolutely delightful experience.
This is still my favourite fanfiction. :')
Brittany chapter 52 . 9/20
LOVED THIS! Amazing story thank you!
12,192 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »