Reviews for What A Time It Was
reader9641 chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
haha he thought she was pregnat! niice
rosie4299 chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
Yay! An update just for me! I'm sure that other people will enjoy it too, but still, I know who you wrote this for, lol. I know that I've been a really sucky reviewer lately, not reviewing in the proper capacity that I should be. This story is fantastic. Utterly fantastic. You are weaving such a wonderfully complicated fabulous fic. I honestly can't seem to come up with the words to describe how much I love this story, and how excited that I get when I find out that you updated.

I really enjoyed the stuff in Paris. (I didn't exactly review many of those, so I'm encompassing a few chapters in this review. If possible, I'm gonna try and make it the longest I've ever written. And considering my top notch rambling skills, I think that I have a pretty good shot at that.) The romance on the boat, Tristan giving Rory that ring, (yay! A step in the right direction! Now we just need to turn that sapphire into a diamond, and have him add a 'will you marry me' to the presentation.) And I even forgive you for not working in my song. I think that I actually might use it now, since La Vie en Rose is feeling a little neglected now.

I so didn't see any of that stuff with Tristan's parents coming. I mean, I knew that his parents weren't exactly going to win citizen of the year, considering that they probably couldn't even procure a 'world's best Mom/Dad mug from their own child, but illegal dealings? Great curveball. I doubt that anyone saw that coming.

Tristan's mom visiting Rory was interesting. I'm not sure if I feel bad for Jara or want to smack her upside the head. I know he's her husband and baby daddy, but come on, lady. It's your kid or your man. Only an idiot would make the choice that she's probably planning on making. I wonder if divorce is even an option for her at this juncture. How deep in the illegal activity is Jara Dugrey? Does she take part in corrupt business dealings? Is she smuggling stolen artifacts from aincent civilizations into the US to sell on the black market? Covering up for some Middle Eastern Terrorist organizations? What? I so wanna know.

I love Janlan. I'm sure that I've told you that. On multiple occasions. Your take on this once mentioned character is great. I love his no nonsense attitude, and the way that he always seems to be able to put Tristan in his place without being a prick about it. I imagin that Kieran wouldn't think twice about it, what with him being a criminal and all.

Rory's internship was another nice twist. I didn't see that one coming. I'm glad that her boss didn't tell her that she had no place in the newsroom after knowing her such a short time like some other character that shall remain nameless... (cough) Mitchum! (cough) I hope that she does what's best for her... and her relationship with Tristan.

I had a nice little chuckle when Tristan thought that Rory was pregnant! I must say, he was very good about it. Very supportive, and he genuinely wanted to do the right thing for his "family." Unlike another blonde probably would. Again, I won't name names (cough) Logan! (cough) And to have her blurt out the truth, well, I can't wait to see how he reacts to her real news! As always, I'll be waiting with bated breath for the next installment to one of my favorite stories!

Great job!

So, what do you think? Longest review to date? Or should I kick it up a notch in the next one?
eternalgorithm chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
holy god this is an awesome story. update soon, please.
riotgirllina chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
WOAH!

you can't end it like that!

that is pure evil.

love the chapter but come on.

we definately need an update sooner than one week with this cliff hanger.

thanks

update Soon!
c chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
agh! a cliffhanger... no! now I'm in suspense! please update soon! (although i love the conclusion that Tristan jumped to)
Gilmoregirl chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
OMG WHAT IS HE GONNA SAY! PLEASE UPDATE A LOT SOONER!
CarebearKara chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
Oh. What will happen next? And why did Tristan think Rory was pregnant?
Sarai chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
Well don't end it here!
princetongirl chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
LOVED IT UPDATE SOON
spicygirl chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
OMG! what is going to happen? why! you leave it like that(cliffhanger) hopefully you will update soon! right?...by the way i love janlan, speacially janlan, i want him to be my grand father, literati
tickle582 chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
well that should be a big shock for him
Musical Redhead chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
Tristan jumping to conclustions there at the end was funny, it made me laugh. I wonder if Rory will stay in London. . .
Emily chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
Uh oh. That's prolly not how she wanted to tell him but there it is. And it's really funny that he jumped to that conclusion too. At least she knows that he cares for her not like it wasn't obvious anywayz. I love this story have I ever told you that and although it is always painful to wait for the next chapter it is also worth it every time. So take your time although it hurts and update as soon as you can..it's not fair to end a chapter in the middle of a huge conversation and leave us hanging very long.
predestined chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
WOW, I never expected that outcome. I love how Tristan explained his true intention with her though. Even as I didn't expect ROry to quite react that way. And he thought she was pregnant? Huh? Okay, that's sort of understandable I guess. Please don't leave us hanging like this. Update ASAP!
Season4.5 chapter 26 . 6/10/2005
Agh! Wowzie. I shot up from my chair when I read the last lines. Where did Tristan get the idea that Rory's pregnant? :D But marriage? *me biting nails*

Good job, chica!