Reviews for The Forfeit Daughter
Tariel chapter 9 . 1/2/2009
OMG, "do not fall off the wall, never say nevermore" Haha, was that a foreshadowing to Reichenbach Falls there? Wow, Alice is psychic...

Speaking of which, I love your fics, they're remarkably well written and have beautifully crafted plots. This is my second time reading through all of them. I was wondering if you are planning on writing any more?

Your last note at the end of The Rules of Engagement mentioned something about a sequel... ("...Reichenbach falls coming up soon?") I think?

Anyways, much thanks for writing and your "many a sleepless nights". Keep it up! :D
Maiira chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Very, very nice. I like the tension between Thurlow and Watson, and Holmes's attempts to mediate. You've certainly got the right spirit. I'm not entirely sure that Watson would be THAT progressive, but nonetheless I think the dynamic is good.

Off to the next chapter! :)
Rava77 chapter 4 . 10/30/2008
Very good plot and I like the OCs ...

I hope that it will end good for Helen and the boys, but the current Mrs. Thurlow.

I found a minor mistake:

"at least now I understand now why you did the things you did."

I think you might want to remove one of the "now"s
idkaname chapter 2 . 8/3/2008
woohoo! go edward hardwick! wait, dejavu here. i already said this with jeremy brett. i grew up with edward hardwick as watson, even though i have seen atleast 15 other potrayals. i guess that shows how much of a whipper-snapper i am. i was born the year after filming ended between hardwick and brett.
idkaname chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
woohoo! go jeremy brett! he and basil rathbone are the BEST portrayers or sherlock holmes. and edward hardwick the best of all the watsons. you're very thorough in your research, i must admitt. nice compromise going with jeremy brett's eye colors. i do not recall what holmes' eye color was, but i will research it for personal intrest.
Risha chapter 9 . 6/11/2008
I have read this story twice now, plus the sequels following it, and I have to bestow the greatest compliment that can exist in the world of Sherlock Holmes: This series is the best Holmes fiction written since Doyle himself. Better even than the professionally published Laurie King novels (although I enjoyed those greatly). Astoundingly well researched and detailed plotlines, multi-faceted characters that never fail to grab one's attention, touching, realistic romance and best of all, beautifully crafted, enthralling mysteries. I look forward to your (hopefully soon) forthcoming additions.
DetectiveMarlowe chapter 9 . 12/26/2007
I finally got around to reading the first of the many stories wiht Helen and Sherlock. I must say that these stories have helped me write my own fanfiction about the great detective. I also want to thank you for paying tribute to Jeremy Brett who is undoubtedly the greatest Holmes I've ever seen.
KarmaKat chapter 9 . 6/24/2007
Fantastic! Absolutely fantastic! I am a great fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and have read many other "newer tales", including my most beloved Mary Russell novels by Laurie R. King. (Not Quite Cannon but a joy to read) ;) I found this story to exceed even those jewels of New Holmsian Mythica and wish to thank you both for a grand adventure! I will be sure to read the other stories you have produced, but if they are as well researched and written as this I know that I will enjoy them greatly.

-KarmaKat: Like fate but with great, bloody claws.
Concetta too lazy too login chapter 9 . 5/15/2007
Gorgeous is all I have to say.

Concetta too lazy too login chapter 8 . 5/15/2007
That was a little bit of a surprise. I suspected Hant. The surprise was Mr. Thurlow and especially the second Mrs. Thurlow's murder! It was so tragic! Yet overall the story is so beautifully done! You get swept away with the depth of the characters and their history. I especially liked the touch of the painting getting knocked, the reminder of the start of it all at the conclusion of it all.

Concetta too lazy too login chapter 7 . 5/15/2007
Oh no! The Suspense! Faster, Holmes, faster!

I was getting teary-eyed at Mr. Thurlow's confession scene. Beautiful and so sad!

Concetta too lazy too login chapter 4 . 5/15/2007
I was getting a little misty while reading this chapter. Good job!

Concetta too lazy too login chapter 2 . 5/14/2007
Another wonderful chapter! Go Helen! I love the debating going on. It seemed fit with the times and characters. I was afraid it would border on modern feminism, but you kept to the language of the time again and the debate was believable. Hurrah! I love this story!

Concetta chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
This is so good! I feel as if I am reading another of Doyle's stories! Very well written. You have the characters and the language down pat, in my opinion. This is going on my favorites list.

I was cheering Watson at his every outburst. Go Watson!

toxictattoo chapter 9 . 1/14/2007
What a wonderful ride! When I sat down to read this fic, I had only intended to read a chapter a day, as my time is tight.

I ended up reading from beginning to end in one sitting and it was not a chore! You had me riveted to my chair the entire time.

The voice and use of Watson's POV felt like I was reading straight from Doyle himself. The language, description...it was all simply perfect.

A well done effort and I'll be looking for more from you!
88 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »