Reviews for The Dark Bank Of The River
Jessica151294 chapter 16 . 6/23/2011
Wow, it took me all day to read your whole story and I am totally amazed! All the charactes were in-character, the scenes were remarkably described, the plot was wonderful with a lot of suspense, I totally loved this fanfic! Yeah, Kurtis was amazing, sarcastic even in the worst possible situations and Lara full of determination and courage as always! This totally rocks!
Dark Angel011 chapter 16 . 9/2/2008
This chapter for the end didn't answer a lot of questions but made a lot of sense its a lovely story over everything.
wooljumper1992 chapter 9 . 3/8/2008
This is fantastic. I really do love the fact that you research your plots so thouroughly. I've never known much about Greek mythology, but your fic got me thinking, and I ended up researching the Elysian Fields. It led to one hell (ha ... ha ...) of a revelation - "Elysian Fields" in French is "Champs Élysées", as in the famous street in Paris. One that I've frequented a fair bit, actually. And I never knew. You probably stumbled across that before, or else already knew anyway, but either way it's so interesting, isn't it?

Anywho, this fic is just as great as the others. If not better, actually. And contrary to the opinion of the majority of reviewers, I actually don't mind, dare I say enjoy, reading the "Kurtis gets wailed on" scenes. Call me twisted, but we like what we like, I suppose.

I can't wait to read more, but right now I have to write two essays (that's right, the fun never stops here) - both in French, one on education, and one on holiday destinations in France. I wonder, should I include the Champs Élysées? ;)
It's Raining Snow chapter 16 . 2/23/2008
hey! i fell off the earth but now i'm back. so this is me reviewing your very finished story! :) way to go. love it. and love ur writing. 'ta
bm16 chapter 16 . 10/20/2006
I finally got around to reading this (better late than never) and just loved it. Of course, I enjoyed the Bryce and Hillary scenes (those two are always a crack-up) and I really enjoyed the new characters that you introduced to the TR world.

At first I didn't care for Fishman and found him quite arrogant, but found myself very sad when he died towards the end; he turned out to be an awesome guy and risked his life for the others.

Maria seemed whiney at first but she became likable...I think Bryce would agree. It seemed like he was having some 'feelings' for her close to the end there. After all, it isn't everyday he meets someone as intelligent/computer literate as he is.

I loved some of the stuff from No Mans Land that you put in here, like Takeshi's Castle for example.

All in all, it was an awesome fic and I really, really enjoyed it. Your stories are very well written.

-bm16
theharshlightofday chapter 16 . 12/14/2005
*gives round of applause*

This story was wonderful. I can't believe it's over! But glad to know it's not the end of your excellent writings _

I particularly enjoyed Lara and Kurtis' exchange at the end there. You've established such a beautiful relationship between them which I always enjoy reading. Loved Bryce's excitement about making a video game a reality! LOL! Great parody of reality there. One suggestion: somehow slip in a cheap dig at Legend, say, have that be a suggested title for the game and Bryce immedidately shoots it down :p

Congratulations once again! I look forward to your future stories. Continue the AoD loving!

Linzi xx
lara-is-my-rolemodel chapter 16 . 12/12/2005
O!11!11!1!1!

And another great fic by acid-rush comes to an end. Well i thoroughly enjoyed it and as usually i am so jealous of your talent. Keep 'em coming!
steph chapter 16 . 12/11/2005
WO! *endless applause* That was truly brilliant, i realy hope you write a sequal but even if you dont, that was fantasic!
Mythrael chapter 16 . 12/11/2005
omg this was great! I can't believe you've actually finished *cries* but there'll be a sequel, yes? please? Your writting is great and I totally loved the plot!

I really liked the scene in the end when Kurtis points his gun at Sunderland but then moves on. You do a marvelous job with the characters, make them really believable with well portayed issues and feelings.

I REALLY hope to hear from you soon, be it with the sequel or with an update to cold comfort (which I also love). Anyways, great job! :)
akkon chapter 16 . 12/9/2005
Oh no! This is a TRAGEDY. You've finished!

Jordy'll want a Karel, really! Give ME the Kurtis! I'll let you keep the Minotaur!

What I truly love about your stories is that Lara & Kurtis never indulge at romance, but the stories are, all the same, so romantic and moving. They have PATHOS in them (sorry, don't know if that means something to you. maybe the word doesn't exist in English, but I believe it's greek so you can look it up if you want to know) They have Big Feelings. Existential Questions.

"It's living you should be afraid off." Yeah, very nice. See what I mean?

A great, cool ending. Good detail repeating the sentence of the beginning. ("They say that deep waters...") And a brilliant last scene, with Kurtis holstering his gun and so on.

I'm very, very flattered by having been inspiring for this story, even if it was so totally unconscious on my part. I thought you had planned it all along! Thank YOU!

Now I'll go and read from the start again. This story deserves it.

Hell, give Jordy the Kurtis if she wants him. I'll take BRYCE! (piss off, Maria)

Congratulations! And hopefully there'll be more soon from that Hyde-Park business, or PiC, or whatever. I don't think that at this stage you'd be able to write anything that isn't terrific.
spitfire511 chapter 16 . 12/9/2005
oh its so bittersweet...i loved the ending, but i'm so sad there wont be more! hope there will be a sequel to this, i really want to find out what happens between lara and kurtis...but, on the bright side of things, hopefully i can look forward to an update of partners in crime?(i've been waiting forever!) at any rate, an absolutely wonderful story! good work on a job well done!
en-lumine chapter 16 . 12/9/2005
Ahh... Another update to calm my nerves. I hope you are getting on along well with Partners in Crime. Hey,

wait! Now that's climbing onto my poor nerves! (joking)

Great chapter! Excellent interactions! It has left me spell-bound once more. Congratulations on such a wonderful and successful story!

You'd might want to (and I mean quickly) delete the reviewers response in your final chapters, against the policy!

Ending has three chapters waiting for you. Hurry up before they turn stale!

And again, simply great to have you back!
Ellethiel chapter 16 . 12/8/2005
Heh, that was a neat ending. Sad for Maria, so I hope she works out something there. I wonder if that means she will be coming back, angry at Lara? just thinking of what Lara said about there being trouble there. But I enjoyed it. I think I like how the issue ended with Sunderland though. About he having to live, tis true, more to not like about living or to fear in it than there is in death. I liked having Bryce in here again, with Hil. Hehe. great. And kurtis turned out ok. not to mean. :)
steph chapter 15 . 11/26/2005
WRITE MORE! WRITE MORE! please or else i shall...erm...i will throw a...right lets see...shoe, no thatl leave me with odd shoes...erm...tv? hell no!...pizza...dog...another piece of pizza...THATS IT! Il throw a random peice of pizza at you if you fail to continue! XD
Mythrael chapter 15 . 11/24/2005
This is great, awesome, beautiful, excellent and the list goes on, I just don't have any more adjectives :P I really, really like it; the mythological stuff, the great descriptions, Bryce and Maria (oh come on, those two are meant to be!)and I even liked Vincent! Completely demented guy, but a great baddie.

Please update soon, I can't wait to read the rest!