Reviews for Good Enough
b3cks chapter 15 . 7/1/2011
I loved this story, I loved it.

Although I agree with the consensus that you borrowed quite a bit from Daw the Minstrel, that is definitely understandable.

I would like to appeal to the spirit of Tolkien on behalf of Daeron. He needs to become part of canon. What an entertaining character. I was wheezing when I read about how he was terrified of spiders. His family was also a wonderful addition to the Mirkwood royalty.

I was also laughing during chapter fourteen where it is revealed that Legolas is a gamer.

Thanks for writing such an enjoyable story.
White Wolf1 chapter 15 . 9/13/2008
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It is full of great imagery and so well written that it was not only easy to read but very entertaining.

I loved the way you told the wonderful story through the eyes of the different character. Each one lent a perspective that enriched the story and added a great deal of texture to the overall piece. I also loved the characters you created. They are well-rounded, intriguing and very real.

A job well done. I'm putting this on my Favorites list.
Isiliel chapter 15 . 5/9/2005
Yes, I know I missed a chapter but I did read it! Evil school projects prevented me from reviewing! Not my fault.

An aged Elf? Isn't that an oxymoron? (Did I spell that right? Probably not. Spelling is not my strong point.) Even the sedate old kings need to have a little sport sometimes. I also liked that little bit about how he fell in love with Lalaith. This is the second story I have read with Legolas's mother's name as Lalaith... It seems like a good name for her in this story. She sounds a bit like my mom, always remembering to ask after people's relatives and somehow remembering whose Aunt is having surgery and whose mother has lumbago without getting them mixed up. LOL and I wish her a happy mother's day.

Hmm, this is a short review for me but I have yet another project due tomorrow...that I haven't started...This is a great end to this story. Hurry up with that sequel, I'm going to be looking forward to reading it!

See you then!

~Namárië an sí,

Isiliel
sony4lotr chapter 15 . 5/4/2005
I made the turtle! Lots of green icing and strawberry jam. I don't know how they ate it really but it went down a treat. So thanks for the idea!

This was an excellent chapter. Much quieter in tone than the rest of them but Thranduil was the perfect person to end it. His thoughts on his children growing up and the future of love and danger that awaits them was very poignant. I like his wife very much even though she's mostly in the background. My favourite moment was the end, with the sparring and the chance to see Aldamir and Thranduil at ease and happy together. This was a very enjoyable and entertaining story. I'll watch out for more from you. Happy writing!
nysarah chapter 15 . 5/2/2005
Oh no, it's over! I'll miss tuning into this. But I was so happy to see a chapter with Thranduil. I really like the relationship between him and his wife. It comes through very strongly. He sounds like a good parent. He worries too much, but then he knows the dangers of the kingdom and the world outside it more so than any other parent. I also must say that I enjoyed the scene with him sword-fighting against Aldamir, of course! Thank you for sharing such a great story with us.
nysarah chapter 14 . 4/27/2005
I love your review replies. You seem like a very nice person. And I love this chapter too. Aldamir must be getting used to having everyone talk about him and was very good with novices. Very fair, I thought. I'm starting to warm to Belas too. Of course, I'm pleased that Aldamir and Elenna will work things out. They're both good people and couldn't stay angry and upset forever.
moonshine chapter 14 . 4/24/2005
Wow, great chapter! I dont like Elenna all that much but Im glad that she and Aldamir have worked out their problems. Are you going to write a chapter on Erelas? I just love his character! Lol, anyway update soon!
sonya4lotr chapter 14 . 4/22/2005
Very good. Poor Aldamir constantly seems to be the last to know what's happening with Elenna.I'm so pleased they've made up and I like the way you did it - very realistic with them being honest and taking things slowly. I really liked the part with the flowers. I'd forgotten about them. I also thought Aldamir was very good with the novices. He was quite scary but very fair and I think they've learned their lesson. Well, two of them have. It looks like Belas might too, hopefully. Everyone else was great too in this chapter. I thought the cook was very funny. I have to make a birthday cake for my nephew and I'm tempted to try a turtle! Maybe even a bleeding one!
nysarah chapter 13 . 4/20/2005
Ha! I *knew* it! You are so good at this! I kinda always liked Elenna and I'm very glad that everyone can see now that she wasn't so bad. I also really loved Seregon and Thranduil in this. I wish I knew what else to say... This is just so excellent and I'm really happy I found it.
Isiliel chapter 13 . 4/19/2005
Wow. Just wow.

I could hardly tear myself away from this story and consequently spent several subsequent hours doing nothing but reading it. You really have a talent for characterization, I must say. I can easily imagine all of your OCs as real people- they have such believable personalities. I really like all their names, by the way :-)I enjoy translating names from Elvish. I also love the writing style, how it is elegant but still understandable.

I confess- I didn't like Elenna from the start. However I warmed up to her considerablely when we overheard that conversation with Calith about Aldamir. The dislike was sucessfully transferred to Calith- Elenna's more of a victim, though I don't think it was good of her to be seeing Aldamir without at least telling him about Calith. But I am glad that the pretty elf got what he deserved in the end, and hopefully we won't have to deal with him again.

Ooh...that's where the red-banded spiders came from. Silvan elves are even stranger than the Mirkwood variety. If you needed it, there's the proof, I suppose- it's not good to mess with genetics. Elenna was courageous to tell about all that, I'll give her that much, especially knowing that the Prince had gotten injured- and incapacitated- by them and it could mean serious consequences for everyone... I'm glad Thranduil was just with them. He knew they would never breed killer spiders deliberatly, I guess.

And, because I must- you have a great vocabulary! Sorry, that's another one of my interests.

Is this the end?...I hope not. Elenna still needs to reconcile things with Aldamir. I am looking forward to your next update, which I hope is not too far off!

~Namárië an sí,

Isiliel
sonya4lotr chapter 13 . 4/14/2005
Oh! What a good chapter this is. It's so exciting. I never made any connection between the villagers and the spiders. Maybe I should have! Anyway, I'm very happy that there was more to Elenna because I was afraid she was turning into a tearful girly-girl who just got taken in by Calith. If you know what I mean! I loved Seregon's anger and horror followed by understanding, Elenna's strength of character and I especially loved the king in full flow. Go Thranduil! I can't wait to see what happens when Aldamir comes home.
moonshine44 chapter 13 . 4/13/2005
Well, that was certainly a twist to the story. Im very eager to read about what happens between Elenna and Aldamir. Great chapter! Until the next then, bye!
sonya4lotr chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
How did I miss this story? Stupid site. Anyhow, I just spent ages reading through all of it. I love it so much. Your charcters are so great. I can't decide which ones I like best. Maybe Daeron. Or Aldamir. I don't know! The spider battles were so cool and very scary. Poor Legolas getting hurt and being so sick! But no, no, no, you can't let this be it with Elenna! I bet now she realises that she was wrong and she and Aldamir take time to get to know each other more. No! That would be good eventually but there has to be more first. What's she really up to? If her family really found it that weird for her and Calith to be together and everyone knows how manipulative he is there must be something you're not telling us. I need more! More! More!
nysarah chapter 12 . 4/7/2005
I *know* there's more to this than just a misunderstanding and Elenna being taken in by Calith. You're much cleverer than that.

This is a really cool story. I love all your characters and I'm especially enjoying the intrigue.
moonshine44 chapter 12 . 4/6/2005
Great chapter! I really didnt want it to end. lol. I do better understand the characters now that I have an idea of their ages. Im also grateful for how fast you update this. I cant wait to read the next chapter, though! Until then, bye!