Reviews for Genius Under Fire
Elise chapter 1 . 4/7
Amazing, deep, touching, fantastically written story. Wow.
Error 401 - Talent Not Found chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
I cried. That's saying something, because I don't cry. You make two comparisons here, Sakumo vs Kakashi and Kakashi vs other shinobi (because even among shinobi, Kakashi was exceptionally neglected). That was beautiful. I'm at a loss for words. Just, perfection.
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Sakumo's is almost normal while Kakashi's makes you want to weep and hug him. His father couldn't live with his failure, unable to dislodge the tremendous guilt and the disappointment. Kakashi couldn't let go of his regrets for being too late and for the exact opposite of what his father had been regretting over. Ironic.
Waffles Risa chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
TT_TT Why did you DO that?! sob.
cltaylor chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
This is absolutely brilliant. It's well written. Well thought out. The shift between POV's and lives gave me goosebumps. And even though you know how the story ends between father and son, you still feel incredibly sad reading it through your telling.
nikavera chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
I am speachless. This really gave me the chills.
JJJ chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
A beautifully written parallel between the lives of father and son, as well as the way they see their lives and choices. I got chills reading this. A great piece!
UglyTruth chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Well I got chills for real right after the second paragraph. This is amazing. The switching of POVs is brilliantly done and even if I didn't know these characters or any backstory, I'd fall in love with them just through this. Thank you for posting this!
upandover chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
beautiful...
Me chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Hey, this is great.
Nemrut chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Nice introspective on their lifes. Really liked the sentence

"Now Kakashi stands silent at the memorial every morning and reflects that the only thing being a genius has ever done for him is keep him alive."

Great writing
Crazy4Wolverine chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
luved it! Great comparison with kakashi and his father! :D
bookleaf chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Excelent contrast between Sakumo and Kakashi, it brilliently portrayed their differences and similarities. You beuatifully conveied each emotion in this story. Great work!

Keep writing!
thisloser chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Incredibly beautiful and oh so sad. It gave me chills and made me tear up.
Meagan chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
If only life was fair... but nothing ever is.

Neither of them could win. They both lost. One of them died in body, one of them died in spirit. Thank you, Chevira, Lowe, Soritia, tournesol, vanilla no kimi for helping and sna for writing this amazing faniction. It gave me the chills.

To be honest, this story was a perfect illustration of the intense confusion, pain, sorrow, hate, and self-loathing that not just the Hatake father and son but countless others who will remain nameless to all but God. Great job.