Reviews for What is Human, and Why Do I Care?
Kurt Baros aka The Falcon chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
your good
Terenin chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
First off, Nice poem. It goes into what a Human being is, and I ofthen wondered on that myself, so this was nice, to get it in text what I've tried to put in text myself.

Secondly, you made one minor error: Alita/Gally/Yoko is NOT an Android.

Let me explain:

Robots: Objects of any shape or size or purpose that is 100% mecha, no flesh parts whatsoever. They are not made to look like Humans either, as some tend to think. Robots can be something as simple as the arms that assemble cars in a carfactory.

Androids: A 100% robotic/syntetic entity made to resemble, and in many cases act like a human does. They do however, not have organic componenets and they do not have souls, they are not alive.

Cyborgs: A living entity made of flesh, that has been partially or whole converted to a metal entity, there might be many diffrent reasons.

Alita, having a Human brain, is a Cyborg. She still retains her soul, her mind, her morality and everything that makes a Human being a Human being, in a mental case.

Her only diffrence is her body is made of metal and plastic parts, not flesh.

Just so you know, there are Cyborgs in our worls as well, though not in such an extreme way. A person with a hearing aid can be considered a Cyborg. Someone with a pacemaker operated into their hearts can be considered Cyborgs, as they would not live without that non-biological implant, do you see the point I'm trying to make?

Alita is a Cyborg, not an android. There is a huge diffrence.

-Terenin
Gazing Fire Within My Eyes chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
wow, i love it! it almost made me cry. its like hidding u'rself from other and wonder how u truelly are. I love it! great peom. ; *can't breath*
Kikuneechan chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
wow... that's just... wow... great poem! a person like would never be able to... -.-;;
Shazorn chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
I have just re-read "i robot" and was remembering a fanfic piece called "Boomers like Me". It makes me wonder if,

given AI, the Turing test might not be reversable. Could

an AI find or devise a test to address the concerns this raises? That it is possible is supported by my experiences

in rpg's. The 'toons in rpg's are constucts, but by interacting with them, and allowing for the fact the pc's are not constrained to truth, information beyond face value is often found by interaction. Playing rpg's makes me sympathise with this piece very deeply.
InAction chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
Even if I'm not the type who criticizes poems but this totally catched my heart. I'm totally fond of Battle Angel Alita and a part that I like the most is how the reader of it gets to know Alia/Yoko's more personal side and I definitely think this reflects that.