Reviews for A Separate Chaos
The Last Hope chapter 36 . 7/3/2005
Well this chapter has made me very anxious about Boromir; I'm worried for him. I have no idea as to who will end up in the "fellowship". I'm glad Faramir has figured out that they are in fact brothers in blood not just in spirit. Now the question is, when will Boromir find out? Great update. I can't wait for more.
lindahoyland chapter 36 . 7/3/2005
Another enjoyable chapter.I am glad that Faramir now knows who he is. I hope he can "control" Boromir" now he has seen the palantir and maybe been corrupted by it.
Elenhin chapter 36 . 7/3/2005
You write this so well that I hardly know what to say.

It is all there, written in your text, and how could I find words to match the greatness of what you have done.

I loved to see the way Faramir stood up for himself, but then again Aragorn, and the twins, and everyone else would have encouraged him to do that, while Denethor did not.

It makes for many interesting changes, and I really, really wonder what shall happen when Boromir finds out that they are half brothers, not to mention that their fathers are half brothers as well.

It is most interesting.

As always here I wait,

for a new update.

Once more longing to hear the tale,

as it be unfolded.

Never could there be to much,

of tales such as this.

I really can not wait untill the next chapter,

Kindest regards ever, Elenhin
steelelf chapter 36 . 7/3/2005
Oh, dear.
el-esteleth chapter 35 . 7/2/2005
I've enjoyed the last few chapters as Boromir and Faramir have gotten to know each other. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I really like the relationship between the brothers. I think that this story.. and all your others.. have done justice to the brothers and how united they were even when Denethor tried to tear their bond apart. Anyway, all that to say I really like your story and thank you for sharing it with us.

Es.
AM chapter 35 . 7/1/2005
Is this right? If not, where did I go wrong?

* D and A share a mother so they're half-brothers.

* B and F share a mother so they're half-brothers. As their fathers are brothers, that also makes them cousins.

I hope that you do have them both following the riddle.
irene chapter 35 . 7/1/2005
Sorry I didn't review for so long.

I love how you explain Faramir's so-called shortcomings - which are widely accepted in fanfiction (why pleae, may I ask)with the fact that Denethor hates him and wishes him dead.

Your AU is great. There are quite some AU's en route but they are ridiculous in comparison with yours. Your fusion of AU and canon is amazing.

And finally, at last, a Faramir who isn't a wimp!

Thank you!

Irene
Elenhin chapter 35 . 7/1/2005
I think that Faramir did the right thing when he quite the service, thought I woner what Boromir shall say about it. I do not think he shall mind having Faramir along, but he shall most certinly wonder about how it comes, and I am not sure if he will understand.

I loved the flashback of Faramir and the sword, trying to get up to look by tugging on the cloth. Ah, little curious Faramir.

Yet very amusing considering what happens in the movie when Boromir is taking a look at it. Good old Sharpe, or rather the coment about still Sharpe, I just love that one.

So now I am asuming that Faramir will be going with Boromir, ah, a perfect opertunity for Boromir to get curious about hom well Faramir knows the north, he should sooner or later realize just how well Faramir knows the way to Rivendell.

It would be interesting when there is one who emidiatly knows which for in the road to go down, all the way to the front step, not to mention what should happen if the twins challanged the strangers and recoignised him.

I can just see them jusping down in front of the horses to try and scare them, or just being to eager to check if Faramir is alright or not.

It was a very interesting chapter to say the least, ah, just thought of somethign, what when Boromir realises that not only is Aragorn his King to be, but half uncle in more ways then one, ooh, I can not wait for that, poor Boromir shall be so confused.

Take the best care now, Elenhin
Sar-kaz-m chapter 35 . 7/1/2005
Right, so I've been reading all of your stuff all along, but it was finally this chapter that led me to review: Your Faramir is brilliant. Really. I love that he's strong on his own, which is something a lot of other ficcers forget. I love that he can't care about Denethor, because he's secure in the love of his real father. I love where you're going with this. I can't wait for more.

Cheers,

CHibi-Kaz
steelelf chapter 35 . 7/1/2005
Steele3lf is staring gloomily at her rug. You're right.

GREAT! Faramir is so cool! Denethor is SUCH an idiot!
Escribej chapter 35 . 7/1/2005
I've added you to my author alerts. I have really enjoyed reading your stories - particularly this one.
The Last Hope chapter 35 . 7/1/2005
I have to admit at first I was a bit sceptical about this story, but slowly it due me in. You had me at the revelation about Denethor that is still unknown to Aragorn.

Faramir fleeing was a decision that at fist I wasn't fond of. I just couldn't bare Aragorn's pain, but it led to some of my favourite moments in the story. The oath that Faramir swore to Denethor was chilling and breathtaking at the same time.

I LOVE the brotherly relationship you have formed; the way that their bond transcends the knowledge of their kinship. While talking about relationships the vastly different father and son relationships throughout the story are all portrayed extremely well.

I adore your story.

I am so glad that Faramir along with Boromir is going to Imladris. I laughed at the expression Denethor must have had when Faramir used the oath against him. Everything about is story is amazing. Thank you so much for spending the time to write and share such a marvellous story. I can’t wait for the next part. Seriously, my breath is bated (the whole waiting with bated breath thing, I’ll stop wile I’m behind). So, anyway, the story is top notch.

The only thing that annoys me is the whole not capitalizing the I’s. I know the reasons behind it and even though I disagree and see the matter in a different light I can put up with it. I respect that it is your story and you can do as you will. I understand that it is intentional on your part and when reading your story I don’t even notice. I’m far to drawn in

Once again THANK YOU for your hard work.
lindahoyland chapter 35 . 6/30/2005
Another great chapter, I So like the way you write the brother's love for each other and Boromir's protectiveness. I am gripped by what you might plan next !
Elenhin chapter 34 . 6/30/2005
Boromir is as wonderfull as your writing. He is really taking care of his little brother, and yes I loved the description of Boromir having to delve deeper and deeper into the library to find him.

Some things never change, do they?

It is interesting how Boromir still stands between his brother and father, but in a much less active way.

It is also amazing, just when I was wondering how long it would be before Faramir found out that Boromir was the Stewards son, there you were telling it.

I was quite impressed by the timeing.

It was also so fun with Boromir telling Faramir of his sea monster attacking. I loved that part. So amusing, and now the dream, uhh, what shall happen.

I mean since the two of them shared the same dream, Faramir would certianly have a bigger understanding with it. Yet it should make them think if they both share it, and if Boromir would be going to Rivendell, would not Faramir then want to go along, to meet his family, and to aid Boromir to get there safely.

Ah, this is so exciting. I can hardly wait to read the rest.

Untill the next chapter, take the best care Meldir nin.

Elenhin.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 34 . 6/30/2005
Heeheehee... neither do I! Lol!

Anyway, I will send you hte bill for the rug, that sarcasm is in there good!

Oh, good chapter! Faramir sees Mithrandir! yay!
307 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »