Reviews for A Separate Chaos
WindStar chapter 29 . 10/2/2005
great story, i'll finish it tommorrow, gotta run! but I LOVE IT so far! favs
el-esteleth chapter 61 . 9/30/2005
*bounces.. grins* Enthusiastic as ever. *grins* So enthusiastic that I was late for work (well, technically not since my boss wasn't there until after me anyway) but I didn't have time to write a review this morning. I really enjoyed this chapter. I'm really interested to know what will happen next. I'm glad you'll get your computer back soon. It's hard being without your own comp. Thanks for the chapter.

lindahoyland chapter 61 . 9/29/2005
Sorry to hear you've been without your is good to see Boromir recovering and Faramir is so kind and considerate to him.I hope Aragorn will be back soon.I liked the tapestry.
Elenhin chapter 61 . 9/29/2005
I'm not sure that I agree with you there, all the difference in the world, I think that Faramir is the world to Boromir.

Oh, he is all to aware about how the real world look, but he has all of it in Faramir.

All the love he bears the world, is in his brother, all the pain, and all the fear in losing him. Hmm, Faramir is a world globe to Boromir, one that anchors him to the ground.

Sorry for odd phrasing, I am doing the not sleeping enought that I am telling you that you are not allowed to, and you are not, and apparently it makes me throw in various odd coments every now and again.

Such as taht oen.

Faramir did turn him around, and you are right, I loved that chapter.

I think it might have been the trust and faith Faramir has in his brother that did it, as well as the unconditional love. But Faramir trusts Boromir with his life,with his fathers life, with all that he loves, and Boromir knows it, the greeting lets him know that Faramir still has that trust in him,and so he can trust Faramir with his weakness.

One mans strenght, against the other mans weaknes, one strong when the other needs to be weak for a moment.

It is a balance, and by know they know each other well enought to keep to it by heart.

There is also the brotherly love, when you know somoen can tell your biggest fear and deepest secret just by looking at you, and you might as well make it easier for them and just speak up.

The two of them are really so much more, tehere is the half sole thing, but they are also whole, but when they are together they add up to more than the double amount.

I wonder about when Eowyn and Boromir meet now, shall be interesting, as well as Merry and Pippin. When Boromir does not pretend to be asleep from fear.

I also love how Faramir pointed out that Denethor may have been protecting the image of his wife, he may not have been able to look at it, but he would have wanted to keep it safe for his son as well.

And the comment about Faramir taken the room that should have been his, that was so wonderfull.

I loved it,

take care now meldir nin, Elenhin
el-esteleth chapter 60 . 9/20/2005
Sque! Eowyn! Faramir! *bounces around and is in general very silly*

*points to favorite passage*

"He had rather hoped that she might walk with him for a while, but she actually seemed rather offended that he would seek her company. Faramir wondered if he stood any chance of ever getting to know the woman, outside of what offended her; so far he knew not to call her a lady, thank her for bringing him supper, offer her help and protection from leering, devious worms, and now he added to that list asking her to walk with him."

I love how you've described how Eowyn is and what Faramir's learned about her so far. *grins* Can you tell I'm a Faramir/Eowyn fan? *giggles* I enjoyed this chapter very much.. and not just because of the Faramir/Eowyn stuff. I'm glad someone finally got through to Boromir. I knew if anyone could do it, it'd be Faramir. He has such a way of calming everyone around him.

I'm still kinda nervous about what's happened to Aragorn. It'd be an interesting twist if Faramir became king and Boromir was steward. But we'll see where the muses take you. *grins..*

I can't wait for another update. Thanks for sharing. I really do enjoy your stories greatly.

to try not to feel embarassed about obvious Faramir/Eowyn enthusiasm
Elenhin chapter 60 . 9/20/2005
aye, they go to the Kingdom of Dust, and thats where so strange things can be found there.

Ooh,I absololutely loved this chapter, it was so wonderfull.

Faramir and Eowyn was so sweet, and then Boromir.

Poor Merry, not quite sure, and poor Boromir. He seems to be trapped in himself. Pretending sleep becuase he can not stand the hought of aught else, and then feeling bad for the fact that it makes him weaker.

Boromir is to proud to handle such things I guess.

Argh, I have to much things to do now, was interupted several times when reading, but I loved it, absolutely loved it.

Take care now, Elenhin
steelelf chapter 60 . 9/20/2005
Good chapter- Faramir is so sweet... I love Boromir!
lindahoyland chapter 60 . 9/19/2005
You mix canon and your own story beautifully here.I hope Faramir and Aragorn can soon be took a new e mail to get the alerts back !
el-esteleth chapter 59 . 9/14/2005
*bounces* Eowyn meeting Faramir is one of my favorite things. *grins* I'm greatly enjoying the story. Thanks for sharing.

Elenhin chapter 59 . 9/14/2005
Oki, I just wrote a very lenghty review, and I think the review window killed it, when I hit the submitt, everyting was gone.

In case it messes fully I wont say all the stuff again, but know how much I loved reading the chapter, thought I'm considering setting an arrow through the review window, bloody bugger for being annoying. *mutter mutter*

Anyway, it really was great with the more serious tones and the more brighter ones.

Take care now, Elenhin
lindahoyland chapter 59 . 9/13/2005
I had to sign up for a new e mail account but at least I finally have my alterts back!I was getting every other type of mail save them !

I loved the way you had Imrahil send Faramir the cloak and I also liked the refernces to Isildur.

I was reminded of a scene in Henry V in your last chapter.
lindahoyland chapter 58 . 9/11/2005
Poor Aragorn,you really caught his feelings well a nightmare to be leading what seems a suicide mission,for one so caring.

And how Faramir must be suffering waiting for his Father who may never return.

My alerts are not turning up for some reason,so if I don't review,you'll know why.I shall try to keep track of your story as I enjoy it.
Elenhin chapter 58 . 9/10/2005
Only had time to fast skim, but i liked what I read.

I am on a scout hike here, and as the scout master should not be on the comouter at all, but I had to check for updates.

It sounds like a one giant chaper cliffhanger here, and I will read it through again later. Then I will also write you a mail, cause I have soemthing to tell you I think you will like.

Take care now, ELenihn
steelelf chapter 58 . 9/10/2005
Yes, negotiate with Ioreth! I think that would be good! I mean, like, Literally have Faramir negotiate with her like 'I won't leave my bed if you let me see him?' I would love that!
el-esteleth chapter 58 . 9/10/2005
I'm starting to get an idea of what might or might not happen at the Black Gate. I'm kind of worried for Aragorn, especially since Boromir seems relatively fine at the moment. Well, actually, Boromir and Aragorn seem to be suffering similar doubts in their abilities. And the scene in the garden, with Merry and Faramir.. I was kind of hoping maybe Eowyn'd show up, but Merry is definitely fun. *grins* I really liked the scene between Faramir and Imrahil.. and the one with Faramir and Mithrellas, too. I just keep wondering if in this story, you might put Faramir to the test to see if he'd be king instead of Aragorn, with perhaps Boromir as steward. That'd be a new twist that I've not seen before. And these are just my thoughts, I'm not trying to influence the direction of your story at all.. at least in that area. The comment about Eowyn was trying for a little influence, though. ;) I've liked the scenes with Boromir, as well, making him.. or trying to make him.. deal with the temptation the ring was for him. I find Boromir's character fascinating.. to be tempted by such a thing.. and then to see the consequences of that. I've greatly enjoyed these past few chapters. *appologizes for not reviewing sooner as read the other few right before going to sleep so wouldn't have made much sense in a review..* Thank you for sharing your story.

305 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »