Reviews for Steel Sunrise
Ni Castle chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Superman may be full of power but I still think he's boring. And did not understand why Athena and Artemis left Diana
Allaine chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Reread this story because I was reminded of the Persephone angle in your newer fic. Good stuff.

Only are you sure this took place in Central City? It wasn't, by chance . . . Scranton, Pennsylvania?

;)

Sincerely, Allaine
TNV-Superman chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
Again! I love the story and the continuation of them constantly growing emotionally. Only thing i didn't like about the story was Clark "pouting", which the man never does.

Only problem X_x, couldn't you of keep the whole story together and placed them as chapters?
Averroes chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Excellent.

But some info on heavy trucks from a former professional driver. If the sign says use low gear, its because the slope is steep enough that a down shift will be nearly, if not entirely, impossible once yo've started down it. This happens because, when you down shift, you need to increase the engine rpm appropriately. Otherwise, the unsynchronized (as opposed to the synchronized manuals found in cars and light trucks) transmissions cannot be put back in gear. Now, two other factors come into play. First, as soon as you put in the clutch (disengaging the engine from the drivetrain) on a downhill slope, the truck will start to gain speed, because the engine provides braking, helping hold the trucks speed down. This is part of the reason trucks will gear down before descending a steep hill - the lower gears (higher numerically) mean the engine has to turn faster for the wheels to turn the same speed. Since heavy diesels don't like to go much above 20 rpm, a lower gear can effectively reduce the trucks top speed from 110 km/h (65 mph) to 80 km/h (50 mph). The truck's weight will try to over-rev the engine, but then a light application of brakes will maintain a safe speed without (literally) setting the brake linings on fire. The slow engine speed is also the second reason for gearing down before the hill - if the truck speeds up, you may not be able to rev the engine to a high enough speed to re-engage the transmission gear selected. Very dangerous, as on a long, steep downslope you could heat your brakes to the point where they would no longer work just trying to stop the truck without any engine braking.

All that aside, great work. Keep it up.
vader-incarnate chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Nice. Very nice: I like your focus on Wonder Woman in this story, her hesitation and her questioning why the gods have abandoned her. Nice touch of New Testament in there when she wonders why they've forsaken her. ;)

I'm reading through your other stories now, distracting myself quite thoroughly at a really bad time, but damn I like your take on this 'verse. I certainly hope you write more of it, perhaps something about Clark and how he's seemingly distancing himself from the non-Lords? Ma and Pa Kent can't be happy with him. o_O

And a small gripe: I don't think Hades is evil in traditional Greek myth. Ares maybe, but not Hades. :P He gets a lot of bad hype, Disney hates him, but I *really* don't think he's totally black-white evil. *shrug* But it's your story, and the hint of that legend was a good touch. :D

- Elli