Reviews for A Dreaded Holiday
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2020
I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it is well written and the composition is good, from the literary point of view it's a neat little piece.
But the plot a little unsettling. Forcing this holiday so professor Snape could 'test the waters' seems a bit over the top in itself. To expect every couple be happy about their potential future is extremely odd, specially since unlike Hermione they don't know that it actually is their potential future. If it's not about existing love, but about something potential, even if it is true love, they are bound to have doubts about the picture, they don't actually love their partners yet. Not to mention it is extremely intrusive! It's one thing if the warning was in front of the tunnel, but to let people come in and expose themselves like that, even if it is to potential mates... As I said, horrible intrusion. And the whole plot is based on intrusions or forceful moves.
And that's on top of small unlogical twists like all the teenage boys being actually excited about riding something called tunnel of love and the vision of wedding afterwards.
Jessie Deal chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
Cute. Although I believe the tunnel was enchanted to show general couple's future of the people sitting in the car and there was no selection of who could go in (just the rumor of it) - this way everyone thought they were with their 'destined partner' and the future would be wonderful with beautiful children and what not. (the retrieved memory enchantment seems easy enough to perform).

Great idea. Loved it
bluefirefly5 chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Whst an interesting ride!
Montara chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Severus knew about it :D Sneaky :)))
DoraLupinTonks chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
i hope u continue someday!
Dagger-Seishin chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Ooo k lol
A ShrinkinG VIOLET GIrL chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
cutee..
Bornonceagain2543 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Aww, that was cute :)
Fernsfairie chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
That's so sweet I might hurl. I mean that in a very good way, I do assure you.
imaginingInspiration chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
very cute :)

it would be nice to have a sequel, but since this fic was written like, 4 years ago, i'm assuming that you're not going to write one. anyways, it was a very well written oneshot with the potential for a sequel, but it works well by itself too.
rainymondays chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
A classic. I love it.
x.Deni.x chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Sequel sequel sequel!
notwritten chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
This was a very nice story. Keep smiling. :-)
Aubrey45 chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Loved it!
Sesshomaru-is-my-master chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
I love it and you have to update soon