Reviews for Tangled
elleelle chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
i was always waiting for this type of moment in the show where everything bubbled up and exploded
Anunnaki chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
I think this was very brave of you, and I disagree with those who feel it was out of character for Sam to hit Jack that way. I think she could quite easily do that, and your motivation for her rings true for me. He *was* acting clueless. As to the question of 'ethics' surrounding malefemale violence, I think that's moot here. We live in a society where (most) men are physically bigger and stronger than (most) women. That translates into an unequal bias where women can and do get away with hitting men, even when the reverse is not true. It's not a moral debate, it's simply reality right now. Is it fair? That wasn't the point of your story. So who cares. Good job. I hope you write a lot more.
Floopygirl chapter 1 . 3/14/2005
I really enjoyed this. Unlike one of your other reviewers, I can see Jack just taking her blow on the chin (so to speak). Love the line:

“Probably had it coming for years now,” he said frankly and grinned. “Good arm, Carter.”

I thought your handling of Sam's distress was great - sobs but no tears. Plus I love sensitive Jack *grins*

One tiny thing though - maybe the rating should be upped for language?
Brit chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
That was so completely out of character. It was good, I'll give you that, I did like it. But, I just cannot see Sam hitting Jack (or Jack just sitting there and taking it) or her cursing him, there are regulations against that in the Military, so by doing so she would be setting herself up for insubordination charges and charges for striking a officer, etc. The reprocutions would have kept her from doing so.

I did like the chapter, but it just didn't seem believeable to me.
AM chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
This review isn't really a commentary on your story, but an observation.

I was just talking about physical violence with a friend of mine today-both against men and women. If Jack had punched Sam in the jaw, would she have complimented him on his arm as well (and told him she deserved it)? I just find it strange that it is acceptable for Sam to hit him, but in the opposite situation it would be unacceptable.
KaylaKML chapter 1 . 3/7/2005