Reviews for Reflexive Impulse
pain in the mikta chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Creepy!

shiny silver grl chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
What an odd, intriguing mixture of writing. I love the way it grabs the reader's attention immediately, right from the beginning. Then it quickly becomes disturbing and sort of ooc, but you just can't help but read on, anyway, because it's written so well and (well, I'll admit it) because I want J/S to get together whatever the impetus ;) Very interesting fic; I admire the way you tackle even subjects that most people might consider "skewed" (like the concept of Carter killing Pete & getting rid of the body, for instance). Good job :)

-sil
0 chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
This is really good. Haven't read anything like it before, which was also good :)It was very simple and plainly put without over kill on discription, I liked that about it. Good luck with futuer fics.
jodi chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
please get a decent beta reader. *please*
Alys chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
Wow! That was truely excellent.
whatfear chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
I loved this. You did a great job with Sam, how the presser has made her "wire-taut." I also love her reaction to killing Pete, how shocked she was. And how Jack just got the situation and got to work covering it up.

Great fic!
KaylaKML chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
WOW! loved it.
Veep chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Very powerful. I'm glad Pete's dead and Jack got Sam but I hope she isn't to screwed up.
themakeshifttardis chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Wonderful!
kate98 chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
I had to read this twice, because the first time I was distracted by the thought that it would have been so much cleaner and more efficient to make Pete - and his vehicle - disappear with a triple zat blast. However, I comforted myself with the idea that the shock of the situation made Jack fall back into old Earth-bound patterns, or that he would for some reason have had difficulty in sneaking a zat off base (which seems less likely).

That aside, really well done. You play out the shock with realism. The part about the broken nail was a brilliant kind of abstract visceral reaction, the kind of thing a person could easily fixate on for displacement. Just thinking about it in context makes you want to laugh a bit hysterically.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/7/2005