Reviews for An Unusual Setting for a Heart to Heart
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 1/26
Hmm - what an interesting story hahah lol! XD
WritesByTheMoonlight chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
OMG this was absolutely adorable! I loved how Aragorn came to the rescue and at the same time it was Legolas consoling Aragorn! I also loved how Aragorn was able to depict the injuries that Legolas had and that Legolas was trying to defend the hobbits that did it to him, lol. Just enough humor and angst to make me one very happy reader! :)
Cha'90 chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I especially like that wonderful joke about Apple Barrel. Great story!
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
That was really fun. It's the first LOTR story I've read and I enjoyed it. You did a great job with the dialog especially. Thank you!
aja aron chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
I loved this. From the whimsical title to the serious tone (touched with humor). The action, the visual descriptions - elegant and accessible - all of it. The characterizations as well were wonderfully enjoyable. I loved the issues apparent in Aragorn regarding his future, as well as his clear leadership skill and innate concern. The portrayed compassion in Legolas...

Again, all of this. Thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
i hate it
iiiionly chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
This is what I love about following links back from a review posted to my stuff - if someone likes my stuff, I almost always find favorites in their stuff that I adore!

Heart to Heart has ALL the elments I look for in a story - Legolas and Aragorn (naturally); delicious H&C on both sides, and a dash or two of humor that makes me chuckle in the midst of the seriousness.

How magnanimous of the elf, particularly as delectably wounded as he is, to still be able to see Farmer Barrell's perspective and not be annoyed with him. But I LOVED that he (and his author) could reframe the incident for Aragorn AND bring about a new lightness for his friend in the process of the conversation.

Aragorn's soliticiousness of his injured friend -throughout - is a wonderful thing to read. You did a great job of making his gentle verbal pokings remarkably poignant while still being funny.

Heart to Heart was a wonderful read!
Kything to Write chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Loved this. You've got Aragorn and Legolas down perfectly, and Aragorn's nightmare was just... chilling.

I've promptly fallen in love with every one of your stories, and I so hope you'll continue writing awesome Aragorn&Legolas fics. The fandom needs lots of good authors to combat the bad ones!

Just a point of ConCrit: According to canon, Aragorn was happy when his destiny was revealed to him (It's stated in the appendices, the tale of Aragorn and Arwen) but many fan-authors choose to disregard this.

However, just to please the nitpicky (and out of respect to the good Professor) you could place an A/N about this, or add in a line or two explaining it. It's nowhere near necessary, and your story is amongst the great regardless. It's just that in a fandom that's a constant victim of Canon rape, you get a little wary of even a *small* canon change.

It's just me being nitpicky! Hope it doesn't offend you :)

Awesome story, and keep writing Legolas. It's great to see his character done well for a change.
Kiren chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Amazing story! I find it funny that Legolas got captured by one hobit farmer and locked in celar. And Aragorn had to break him out of it. XD

On the other side, the whole thing was rather dangerous. Because elf was hurt and locked underground in small space. At last they have something to joke around. ;)
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Autumnights chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Absolutely wonderful. You should mark his story as complete though. Great work.
bloodydisaster chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
*sniggers* Apple Barrel...
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
loverly!

except for the fact that aragorn's got gray eyes.

but still.

i liked it xD
Templa Otmena chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
That was lovely- Aragorn and Legolas were written so well and you dealt with some very deep issues and foreshadowing there.
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Good humor and 'talking' in this one. You got those two in good character. And ha the thought of Legolas being bested by hobbits is really quite amusing.