Reviews for Gilligan's Island Turnabout
I'm-the-girl-who-dreamed chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Awesome Story! I'm currently working on a Gilligan's Island story. I only hope mine is as good as yours.
Teobi chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Lol, I just read this whole story in one go. Loved it. All those mixed up identities. Gilligan thinking he's the Skipper is just too funny. I like all the Laurel & Hardy references and Mr. Howell is a riot. Great story, could have been part of an episode.
callensensei chapter 8 . 9/26/2009
Oh, the episodes that never were. Nice nod to CBS's mad idea to give Gilligan a pet dinosaur, by the way. And it sounds as though Gilligan was a bit more resourceful than the last time Mary Ann lost her attire!

I only sat down to read chapter one, and here I am, in a single sitting. Outstanding job. I know you wrote this some time ago, but if you ever come back to write more Gilligan, please let me know!
callensensei chapter 7 . 9/26/2009
I just melted at the last bit of this chapter. Perfect, just perfect. Of course that would be what would snap Gilligan out of it. But the misunderstandings with the women were certainly fun, especially Ginger. And poor Mrs. Howell - "The sun must be getting through that parasol of hers." LOL!
callensensei chapter 6 . 9/26/2009
So many fun comments here: the Skipper and Howell wishing they'd paid more attention to schooling (in different ways), Mr. Howell's final comment about being better off with two Skippers and no Gilligan...I could go on and on.

This was nicely balanced by the paternal tenderness of both the Skipper and Mr. Howell towards the first mate. I enjoyed the sidetrack onto Gilligan and the Skipper's past - always wish we'd seen more of it.

I hope Gilligan isn't going to try to alter the Skipper's clothes to fit him!
callensensei chapter 5 . 9/26/2009
Aw! Mary Ann's so sweet. It seemed as though her heart did go out to Gilligan every time the Skipper yelled at him (though, as the Skipper once said, he really didn't mean anything by it.) I'm a bit surprised the Skipper left Gilligan high in a tree after that nose incident!

But Gilligan as the Skipper has wonderful comic possibilities. Here we go again!
callensensei chapter 4 . 9/26/2009
"You've got him down to a science." Well, almost!

Again it's the swift, sharp dialogue here that keeps the comedy running. Your uncluttered style and dry offhand humour make for lots of frothy fun, just like the show. But you had me a little nervous until the last line! So now everything's back to normal...or is it?
callensensei chapter 3 . 9/26/2009
Okay - now I'm as confused as poor Mrs. Howell. No wonder she thinks they make these things up to confound her. The twists and turns of this comic maze of a conversation echoed the original wonderfully. And I loved the comment about Lovee and her book. I envy her ability to read the ending afresh every time!
callensensei chapter 2 . 9/26/2009
Your detailed knowledge of the show and ability to remember what everyone would be thinking and assuming allows the dialogue to zing back and forth with wacky, witty logic. The Skipper having to shrug off his Ginger fantasies - check. Mary Ann thinking the tropical air has stretched her dresses - check. Ginger afraid of Mary Ann and the scissors - check. Everything rings true!

And what a brilliant idea to convince Mary Ann to pretend to be Mary Ann. Why didn't they think of that before? Although, judging from where this is going, maybe it isn't such a brilliant idea after all. This is great fun.
callensensei chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
That very documentary-style first paragraph with its hilarious punchline sets the tone wonderfully.

From the sweetly innocent relationship between Mary Ann and Gilligan to the intriguing comments about the island's past, to Mary Ann's sudden transformation into Ginger, this promises to be a delightful romp. I think Gilligan's last observation is absolutely right!
special agent Ali chapter 8 . 4/3/2009
too bad there is no way men. heh heh your life is to humor us you poor saps well done
special agent Ali chapter 7 . 4/3/2009
aw cute
special agent Ali chapter 6 . 4/3/2009
heh heh heh I cant wait to see when Gilligan I mean skipper meet the skipper maybe he'll faint like Mary Ann did *runs off*
special agent Ali chapter 5 . 4/3/2009
now gilligan is skipper? oh this will be jolly fun
special agent Ali chapter 4 . 4/3/2009
very funny Ginger Grant. way to go Gilligan you idiot. I love you anyway *kisses Gilligan's cheek*