Reviews for Peacetimes and Pastorals
venyvuela77 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
this is so beautiful :')
Lunas twin chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
thank you for writing such a moving story. I think Wilfred Owen would writen poems like that.
Draumar chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
This is a great work of fiction. I agree with one of the previous comments that you should just provide a note about who the characters are (though we all should already know them) as this may be confusing for a casual reader. Your style and format are great, and I wouldn't change anything within the sotry itself. Cheers.
Blue Yeti chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
Perhaps a little note could be added to the introduction about who Sasson and Owen are, just a note about when and who and why. I'm sure GNeil would be appalled that the average fan doesn't know, of course, but the story makes more sense if you know what you're looking at.

Wonderful use of the library, and I especially liked Death&Sasson.
Overactive Mind chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
A beautifull one-shot from the home of every book there ever wasn't.
Linda chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
I really loved this story. Both because I am a long time fan of Sandman, but also because I a fan of Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon. The story’s tone was bitter sweet and the characterizations are quite real. Death was at he best, and the idea of what Owen could have written had he only lived is deeply moving. All in all, a wonderful tale.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
T.T don't know the fandom Sassoon comes from, but sad anyway... Great name, by the way...
Jux chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
It is so terribly rare to hear Death proclaim love for a character and not feel as though throttling the author was the only possible responce.

I'm grateful for the opportunity.

A profound melancholy, an excellent piece. Profundity is to be lauded where found, and I laud you. This was an excellent example of knowing when to let the Endless in question exit, something I wish was more prevalent in more places.

Thank you so much.
GyrosKairos42 chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
very very quiet, painfully beautiful. reminiscent of things lost and the nature of dreams. you should write more sandman.
RielleAilin chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
This is gorgeous... I can't rave enough. The writing style is beautiful, and the plot is... I'm running out of words! Shiny-pretty!