Reviews for First Meeting
sian22 chapter 3 . 11/24/2015
What a lovely picture of such an iconic point in the book. Aragorn's love for Faramir and vice versa come through so well
PSW chapter 3 . 7/29/2015
Nice look at this scene - I enjoyed. One of the two things I just really disliked about the movies was the change they made to Faramir's character. He is such a good, honorable, upstanding man in the books, and they just really didn't do him justice at all in the movies. I actually listened to an interview w one of the writers where she talked about why they had changed things, and being so frustrated with them for it... :-P Anyway, thanks for writing!
PSW chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
I must say...I was really upset as well with a lot of the scenes that were left out if the movie - the houses of healing included. The first two movies could do without their deleted scenes, but the last one really needed some of those scenes... :-P
Sentinelle chapter 3 . 11/17/2014
I also expected this scene in the film, and I was very disappointed...
In this story, you add beautiful details, it's fabulous!
kyoiku kanji chapter 3 . 3/17/2013
I really like this, and the realization that Faramir is old enough/young enough to have been his son... although they seem the same age (Darn those Dunadain) I do like what you have done here and am once again glad I found your fiction.
kyoiku kanji chapter 2 . 3/17/2013
You have done a great job of capturing what I've loved about Aragorn/Strider and Faramir - I love the longing to belong, and reminder of Faramir's gift of vision. Very well done.
kyoiku kanji chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
It's funny, having always liked Faramir, I never thought about the fact that he could possibly stand in Aragorn's way - I mean... after all... his line are the Stewards of the kingdom, not the Actual line of kings. I do like that they see him as a ranger from the north (I've always wished he could have remained Strider longer...)

Very well done - (and having just watched the extended version of Return of the King, it's that much clearer in my mind, and you do a very good job of bringing us into Aragorn's head. Now if we could only stop the prattling onlookers ... and HRMPF ... women's headaches indeed! ;)
Elemarth chapter 3 . 3/15/2010
I like your depiction of Faramir. I read a few others of your stories, and they were also very good. :)
twinchaosblade chapter 3 . 7/18/2009
Wow, I'm in awe, you are definitely a most gifted writer! I deeply enjoyed your wonderful descriptions and especially the magnificent language you use for writing these stories. I swear it almost sounds like Tolkien's words; and how much a adore his style and use of language!

I love how you portrayed both Aragorn and Faramir, their characters and their beginning friendship. I agree, this really is the foundation for their friendship and support in ruling Gondor wisely as King and Steward. It is a pivotal scene in the books and should have been in the movie as well. The part where Faramir reflects on his violations of protocol because of being too ill to greet the King accordingly, made me chuckle. That was a cute idea and very fitting for the character of Faramir.

I'm also very impressed with your knowledge about the books and Britain's history. You very nicely succeed in weaving them together to form a suspenseful but also logical and believable story. You clearly did your homework well! I can't wait to read more of your work, particularly because I too am quite partial about Aragorn and Faramir; they are truly fascinating characters, and extremely important to the continued wellbeing of Gondor in the Fourth Age.
Princess Fairy chapter 3 . 5/13/2009
humane and understanding...thats what I shall call your writting...each sentence is a colour...and as the last stroke of the brush is examined...the picture that you summoned...made me stare in wonder and respect...

Beautifull...seamlessly beautifull...

Love

Fairy
MarzBar chapter 3 . 2/23/2006
I have just started on your LOTR series. Thanks for this great scene which needed to be "seen."
lucidity chapter 3 . 10/19/2005
This was quite lovely! Thank you for posting it!
lucidity chapter 2 . 10/19/2005
I loved this line. "Aragorn felt as if he were trying to hold a drowning man who was being swept away by the current." Beautiful.

Faramir is such a doll! I feel bad that he was not able to at least talk with his family, though.
lucidity chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
I'm going to try to read this in sequence so bear with me!

The idea of a meddlesome and manipulating Gandalf appeals to me. He kind of reminds me of my version of Dumbldore in the Harry Potter books.

Is the still from your profile from the actual movie or is it photoshop? Maybe it is in the new extended edition DVD?
QueenofFlarmphgal chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
I had no idea you had written a fill in the blanks for this part of the movie or i would have totally reviewed earlier.

I too was totally outraged that Aragorn didn't heal Merry and Faramir, even in the Extended Edition. The HOH that is there is a little strange. You really can't tell that he uses the athelas at all...

Anyway, back to this story.

Very cool how Aragorn is drawn to help him such. The beginnings of a friendship!

wOoT!