Reviews for First Meeting
Sarisb chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
Have you seen the ROTK extended version on the DVD? It has the scene in the Houses of Healing, but it is quite short and seems to focus on Eowyn a bit.

I'm glad that you have taken the interest of extending that scene, and I believe you turned it into a very good story.
grumpy chapter 3 . 4/3/2005
very good story, liked it alot. Loved it that some of Faramir's first thoughts on awakening were on his lapses of etiquette.

looking forward to more
Soul of the Evenstar chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
Oh how right you are *looks mad at PJ* I was so looking forward to SEE, since I hoped to see the scene where Aragorn healed Faramir. And then it was not in it.

I was so furious, you would not believe it. Thank you for gifting us with a view of how it might have been.

Yours, Souly
MusicDreamer chapter 3 . 3/28/2005
Another wonderful story mellon. It was short, but I still loved it. Can't wait for more stories from you.
Neoinean chapter 3 . 3/27/2005

A lovely fleshing out of Tolkien's work and a fine story over all. Thanks for sharing!
Julia chapter 3 . 3/26/2005
Really good ending, I especially liked the last line, which foreshadows Aragorn's attempts to befriend Faramir in your other tale. I am also looking forward very much to "Burden of Guilt."

I am curious as to why you think Denethor was Theoden's "Overlord." The Steward Cirion did originally grant the land of Rohan, then called Calenardhon, to Eorl after he and his Riders basically saved Gondor's arse. But the Oath of Eorl does not give Gondor any sovereignty over Rohan. "No bond shall be laid upon them other than their own laws and will, save in this only: they shall live in perpetual friendship with Gondor and its enemies shall be their enemies while both realms endure. But the same bond shall be laid also on the people of Gondor." (Cirion's words to Eorl in Unfinished Tales) Theoden as King held the highest authority in Rohan and had no Overlord.
Laerien chapter 3 . 3/26/2005
This was great! I loved the way Aragorn helped Faramir to sleep calmer. Don’t disdain me, but during this story was the firt time I realized that if Faramir hadn’t acknowledged Aragorn as King, there would have been problems. I always believed that everyone thought the King, who returns, is their saviour, but you’re absolutely right in this FF.

I can’t wait for your next story. I hope it‘ll come soon.
Rosie26 chapter 3 . 3/26/2005
I for one, can't get enough of this part of the tale. I enjoy your depictions of Aragorn and Faramir, and look forward to your next offering.
Stoneage Woman chapter 3 . 3/26/2005
Hey, great to see another successfully completed story from you. I'm sorry to say that I'm putting

the sequel of 'Friend and Foe' on hold, because I have to finish 'The Terrors of Teaching Elven Teenagers'. I'll get around to it some time though.

My exams are over and they went much better than I expected. With luck, I'll get an average percentage in seventies. Keep writing! I can't wait to read more.
Patty chapter 3 . 3/26/2005
Although I much prefer that you'd prolong the angst, this was a great short story. Aragorn's obvious, sincere concern for Faramir was sweet. Nicely done!

I loved Faramir's worrying about proper protocol

in addressing his King. So typical of the

Faramir we all know and love.

Umm, is it too soon to ask how soon we might see the first posting of Burden of Guilt?
viviana chapter 3 . 3/25/2005
Wow! What a great fic! And I can't wait to start reading the sequel of Shadow and Thought so hurry up and start posting!
Susan W chapter 3 . 3/25/2005
Beautiful! Thank you for writing this short ficlet about the healing of Faramir!

It is nice to get the thoughts and feelings of Aragorn and Faramir as they think upon the future.

Dear Fara will certainly have to learn how to deal with the much more open and less formal Aragorn! Aragorn is definitely not Denethor!

I will now go read "Facing the Darkness" again, just to tie the 2 stories together.

Looking forward to "Burden of Guilt"!
steelelf chapter 3 . 3/25/2005
Lovely! I look forward to more fo your writing!
AM chapter 3 . 3/25/2005
Thank you for this, will be on lookout for next part of the saga.
Elenhin chapter 3 . 3/25/2005

If you can not guess how glad I was to see the update the worn circkle in the floor from the victory joy dace should be some clue.

Took me some time to stop celebrating and actually get down to read the storie.

I must say that I like the way you match the endings to important events. It gives it a rather nice touch, and considering how important it is I too think that they left out to much out of the movies.

The healing of Faramir is very important, for with Denethor gone there is no one else that can give back the wihte rod.

Ah, and poor Faramir, already he is doubting his worth in the eyes of the King. Afraid that he have slighted him. Somehow I do not think that Aragorn would be offended that one that was near giving up his breath does not jump out of bed to bow to him.

It would be a very mean thing to demand, and Aragorn is not mean. It is good to know that he will be taking care of our favorite Steward.

Since this was the end here I guess I shall go back to waiting for your other tale. Oh, the waiting, ah the anexity, how am I to manadge that.

Usually when I wait for an update on something so great as your tale, I drive my computer insane by checking for updates every five seconds. Since your last update I have thus worn out about five refresh buttons, and the computer have threatened to block unless I did stop.

Hah, I shall be checking for update with or without the computer. I am certain that I can coax the typewriter to conect to the internet.

Then again I would still have to wait, so that is what I shall be doing now, waiting for the update.

Untill then, Take care,