Reviews for First Meeting
Neoinean chapter 2 . 3/23/2005
I liked the struggle to bring Faramir back from the brink. Aragorn's emotions seem very real, as do Faramir's.

How far are you taking this story?
MusicDreamer chapter 2 . 3/23/2005
Great start to this story so far mellon. Keep up the good work.
Barbara Kennedy chapter 2 . 3/22/2005
Wonderfully done!
Barbara Kennedy chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
I'm glad I finally got to read this. I am so very late in catching up in my Author Alerts.

I really like what you are doing with the scene.
Nienna of the Valar chapter 2 . 3/21/2005
Great story! Keep up the good work! :)
Patty chapter 2 . 3/18/2005
Ohh, love Aragorn's display of temper! I close my eyes and see him as the angry ranger Strider back at the Prancing Pony when Frodo so carelessly put on the Ring.

I'm anxious to see how you develop this story,

whether you follow storyline of book or movie.

Whatever you write, I'll be here reading. I LOVE your stories!
Patty chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
I'm so glad you're exploring this healing scene of Faramir. I too felt cheated that Jackson didn't give it to us, at least in the EE DVD.

The way you describe Faramir's black hair and long lashes is wonderful. Be still my heart!

I've always found his Numenorean heritage fascinating.
Lilan chapter 2 . 3/15/2005
Great, I like it so far (will stop feeling so if there's any slash ahead). When's the update? But please don't make it too weepy!
Liregon chapter 2 . 3/14/2005
one of the best chapters i have ever read. really got to me. really interesting and attentiongrabbing.

especially liked the part where faramir heard the voices of all he loved who died, especially his mother... made me tear a bit.

keep it up! and update soon! (:
Laerien chapter 2 . 3/12/2005
This was certainly one of the BEST chapters you’ve ever written! It was fantastic! I love the way you’re writing about the healing… I could clearly imagine the feeling, and that was exactly what I thought it could be. (I admit, sometimes I feel the desire to have Healing Hands or at least basic healing skills. This is why I volunteered to learn first aid in the school. I know it is not the same, yet…)

Cant wait for more! I hope you’ll write the healing of the others as well!

My favourite metaphor was: ‘Aragorn felt as if he were trying to hold a drowning man who was being swept away by the current.’ Don’t ask me, why is this so special to me. I don’t know.

The scenes… WHY? Why we have to wait so long? They want me to see those parts with my grandchildren? Why are they so cruel with the fans? They gain nothing from this!

Where did you read that? Are you sure this is true? (In Hungary, there is no news like this)

It would be worse if we couldn’t see them.
grumpy chapter 2 . 3/12/2005
Good chapter, liked the part where Faramir heard the voices of his family, and that Farmir wanted to see the king.
simblmyrne chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
I agree that this is a very important scene to explain Aragorn's easy acceptance by Gondor. I too hope to see it in the film one day. Until then, I will enjoy the original Tolkein, and enjoy your scene filler. Thank you!
Julia chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
Lovely writing! So PJ is going to release more deleted scenes in a couple years? Aragorn healing Faramir BETTER be one of them!
Rosie26 chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
This chapter is even better than the last...very imaginative but still in keeping with the true spirit of Tolkien.
Stoneage Woman chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
Really good writing. Update soon, please!
71 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »