Reviews for First Meeting
Rosie26 chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
This chapter is even better than the last...very imaginative but still in keeping with the true spirit of Tolkien.
Stoneage Woman chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
Really good writing. Update soon, please!
sielge chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
This is another wonderful writen piece of work...

Update soon, please!
Elenhin chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
Yay, Faramir is alive, you saved him, you saved Faramir.

Wounderfull, I loved the turn of the struggle as it was given from sort of an outside point of view.

If one thinks about it it is rather interesting that Eomer is there in the room. I mean even if he is waiting for Aragorn to try to heal Eowyn, should he not have beem with his sister.

Just an odd thought caused by hunger. Yet still, I would think him to be with her and not with someone he does not really know yet. Even if his sister merries him later on.

Again, it was so wounderfull to read that it shall be the usuall struggle to wait for the next update.

Take care,

Kindest Regards, Elenhin
Quickbeam1 chapter 2 . 3/10/2005
An absolutely beautiful chapter! There was so much in it to enjoy that it was hard to pick out a favorite part but I did especially enjoy these following lines.

/Aragorn reached out, using the gift of his Line, seeking the younger man’s Spirit with his own. He could sense great weariness and despair, a wounded soul that had endured too much and was now willing to embrace death as a welcome release from his grief and pain./

I was fairly sure that the story was not concluded with only chapter one. I'm so glad that there will be even more to come. Wonderful writing!
Susan W chapter 2 . 3/10/2005
Of course you would continue with the actual healing. You certainly would not leave a story hanging like that. My apologies for the inkling of doubt!

And there is that good ole TBC at the bottom of chapter 2, most excellent!

Love that Aragorn has the tenacity and will power to heal Faramir. He also has the backing and love of good friends to make sure he does not fall also. "Aragorn realised he was losing Faramir as the death rattle was now in his throat and once or twice he had stopped breathing completely only to be kept alive by the sheer force of Aragorn’s will but it was becoming harder to keep him alive as his own strength waned.

He would have swooned had he not felt steadying hands on his shoulders, supporting him, Eomer’s no doubt as he sensed his friend nearby."

Little Bergil arrives just in time with the athelas to help revive the healer King, and to save the young man that he and all of the people of Gondor have come to love.

Lovely story and very much looking forward to the next update!
Ithil-valon chapter 2 . 3/10/2005
What a moving and emotional chapter! How you have managed to so completely capture essence of Aragorn's soul is truly amazing. You make me feel that I, too, would do anything for this King!

I think that because Aragorn has had his share of sorrows, he can relate to the depths to which Faramir has sunk. I believe that Aragorn is Faramir's lifeline to love and appreciation. He will be the "estel" in Faramir's life that will give him the confidence to open up again...to have the courage to open himself up to love again and to be with Eowyn.

Beautifully done, mellon nin!
wanderwithme4now chapter 2 . 3/10/2005
YAY for deleted scenes!
Giulietta chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
This is one of my favourite scenes... too bad it's not in the movie. the houses of healing deserved more attention! what are 5 more minutes?
grumpy chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
good start to your story, Poor Faramir, there are the healing hands, but no athelas to be found. looking forward to more.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
ooh, I lok forward to more!
Laerien chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
Hello!

It is good to read another Houses of Healing fic. It’s really interesting how many variations are for this short part of LotR in the fan’s minds. I’m curious about your version.

This far, it was great! Although, it felt strange for me thinking of Aragorn as a person who could consider Faramir (as?) a rival. Please, forgive me, I love ALL of your stories, but I can not believe Aragorn could leave someone die because of the Black Breath, rival or not. Sorry, it just hit me too hard, I think, to keep it to myself. But at last, he will try, so there is no point in complaining so much.

I don’t want to seem rude, so I write down my favourite part as well. It was the muttering of the people in Faramir’s room. It shows us the meaning of the “All that is gold does not glitter” line.

About the healing scene… What do you think, will we see some day that scene? Or it will be forever lost to us? That scene was in the top 5 scenes I wanted to see the most… You can imagine my face, when I learned it won’t be even in the Extended version!

What is beta reader? Or I mean who is beta reader? Can someone answer me? Please

Nice day to everyone!
Mysterious Jedi chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
A prequel, how exciting! What does rnA stand for, though? Whatever, I'm all for Aragorn and Faramir friendship fics!
Julia chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
This is good, I like how you stuck with bookverse by having Aragorn wear the Elessar, much as I liked PJ's Evenstar pendant. And chalk me up as another person who was very disappointed that Aragorn healing Faramir didn't make it into the movie, especially since we know it was filmed. I would much rather have seen that than all those skulls or Eowyn stealing Faramir's dream. Please update soon!
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
I've been anxiously waiting for this story from you! Yea!

Your imagery was so vivid that I could almost feel Aragorn's exhaustion. I am glad that he was irritated by Gandalf's manipulation, because it was unbecoming of Gandalf and insulting to Aragorn. First of all, he would never withhold his healing from Faramir because he was a possible rival. Secondly, he would have gone to heal Faramir, exhausted or not, even if Merry and Eowyn had not been in the house of healing as well.

His compassion is one of the things that I love most about Aragorn, and it shines forth in this chapter. You've made me so interested in this that I'm going to go back and reread the house of healing section from ROTK. I've only read it once, but I feel it calling my name!

I found your description of Boromir being fatally flawed with pride and the possibility that he would challenge Aragorn as a bit of a surprise since Boromir pledged his loyalty to Aragorn at his death. Though, I am assuming here that you are going with book verse rather than movie verse. As I said, I've only read the books once, but you make me realize that I really need to go back and read them again. (Maybe if I would not spend all my time reading fan fic, I'd have more time! :) )

Well done! Excellently written (though I would expect nothing else from you), emotional, and compelling. I look forward to more!
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »