Reviews for Yet Another Day
1292 Negative Calculate chapter 8 . 4/15/2014
Just finished reading each of the chapters in this story. And I have one thing to say:

WOW. This was AMAZING! Oh my goodness, you know your stuff! Where do I begin, there's so much that's good about this!

First, you've managed to capture the tone and mood of the setting perfectly. Seriously, when I read this, I don't feel like I'm just reading a story. I feel like I'm peeking into the daily lives of a whole crew of different people on a starship.
You've not only managed to write several different characters in each of their P.O.V.'s (not to mention giving each of them a unique personality and identity), but also managed to weave each of those stories together into a collective narrative! The characters aren't just speaking lines — they're LIVING in this world you've created! And that takes some inventive writing.

Also, I like this perspective you've chosen to portray. With all the harrowing adventures of Capt. Picard and Janeway, it's easy to forget that living/working on a starship isn't all exploring and swashbuckling. Some folks in Starfleet get stuck with boring jobs, and this is a unique, if difficult, aspect to write for. With the boring side, it's very tempting I find to just cut loose and write crack-fics with loads of humor and little sense. (Not to bash those fics, they can be fun too.) However, you've managed to create an interesting and captivating story with this aspect WITHOUT taking that route, and THAT is amazing.

Overall, this is an amazing story you've written. You've got talent! And, you've just earned a fav for this awesome story!
10/10!
Romeo chapter 8 . 7/9/2006
This was a very cool story, I liked it a lot. It would have been even better if there was more interaction/dialouge(sp?) between the crew, but I liked how it was one characters' point of view at a time. Good thing you took inspiration from a reviewers suggestion and let them have some fun. I guess you didn't want to describe the exchange experience of every crew member?

Well, just wanted to say I thought this is a wonderful fic, and I like the way you write stories.
Loptr chapter 8 . 5/9/2005
lol, this was brilliant! I loved it! I hope you'll be doing a sequal. Maybe give them a little battle or maybe even a mission! Lol. The characters were all very unique and well written. This fic was fantastic and I thouragly enjoyed it. Good job.
The Libran Iniquity chapter 8 . 4/6/2005
Sorry for the delay in getting back to reading this one. I could come up with a whole bunch of excuses, but the sad, sorry truth is that I forgot :S. But I really did enjoy this, especially the exchange, parts of it made me laugh out loud. Great series of logs, loved the originality of it as well.

TLI
Ordos45 chapter 8 . 3/30/2005
Another wonderful chapter. The crew is so easy to relate to, probably because they're not heroes, they're bored. Really loved the exchange. Bloodwine ha! We have soda...
Anarra chapter 8 . 3/30/2005
i hope that isnt the last of these logs. I love them. Great job with this chpter, i loved all of the interaction going on here.
Jade-Rose chapter 8 . 3/30/2005
I've browsed through your other stories whilst waiting for you to finish this - you're a very good writer, especially when writing as a first person.

Anyway, I really liked 'Yet Another Day' as it was something just that little bit different and very true - for every Enterprise there are probably a dozen or more starships like the Charlemagne. I loved the idea of consoles being linked together in order to play games. -
MarieChristine81 chapter 8 . 3/30/2005
I loved the exchange! Gru'Kesh had a good sense of humor to the whole thing and Rose went with an open mind. The soda incident was pretty funny.

But I thought it was very sweet and Rose is right when she said it was worth the boredom. That you used my suggestion was cool and you wrote it so well! Thanks for writing such a great story on perspectives.
Anarra chapter 7 . 3/21/2005
hm...something for them to do...update soon.
MarieChristine81 chapter 7 . 3/21/2005
I'm as excited as they are about the cultural exchange! Though I thought it was pretty amusing that security had to demonstrate cartwheels. And I'm glad that Hermann and Hart made a move. Who knows? Thanks for writing another great chapter!
Sumspy504 chapter 6 . 3/20/2005
I don't know if you're still writing on this one or not, but I thought of another position you could write for.

A shuttle/runabout pilot.
MarieChristine81 chapter 6 . 3/16/2005
Wow, I've never had an author take a suggestion of mine, but it was cool to see how that worked in. Polishing the transporter controls made me laugh. Overall, I'm still liking this story. The crew seems to be lively and do have un-tapped potential. What if there was an accidental skirmish with the Klingons? Or what's more, I can't remember which crewmember wrote it, but have a diplomatic and culture ice-breaking mission with 2 bored ships? I don't know, but I'm becoming more and more interested with these characters and see how they develop. Very good writing, keep it up!
Theo O'Malley chapter 5 . 3/14/2005
Great story.

Most fics about original characters that I've read spend so much time focused on the action that you never really get to know the people; their loves and hates, their deepest thoughts.

So seeing this was a breath of fresh air.

I'm also glad you're telling most of this ala Data's Day (through logs).

Keep up the good work.

Excelsior,

Theo Gary
MarieChristine81 chapter 5 . 3/14/2005
A bit of Star Trek romance! I like where it's going so far. Who's Trish? I would gather that Engineering would hop a bit more than the rest of the departments. What about the transporter people? Even on the Enterprise, they're bored or they look bored. And Security? To patrol the same things everyday, must have an interesting POV. Thanks for writing!
Anarra chapter 5 . 3/13/2005
Wow, ive never had anyone take a suggestion of mine, you did a great job on this chapter, it had a few laughing moments where the charachter wasnt trying to be funny, but she was. Great job, and please update soon, your doing a wonderful job on this story.