Reviews for Tesseract
Eric and Derek chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Beautiful. Truly great fic! I hadn't noticed before, but now that you mention it Squall and Turk-Vincent DO look very similar! I wouldn't have thought of the Rinoa - Tifa similarities either. Great ideas all put together to make a perfectly written, perfectly formed, perfectly...err...perfect, fic! Loved it! Great ending as well, one of those happy AND sad ones, great! Anyway, I've probably written too much by now, so I'll stop there, but just so ya know I could happily sit here writing pages more it was such a good story. Keep it up!
drakonlily chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
“Tifa,” I reply, unbidden really, my old friendly attitude returns with a vengeance sent to destroy me."

Tifa, cheery, yet, something so tragic. I love her with Vincent, it's something that when done well can have magic to it. I haven't warmed up to the bracket breaks; they felt a bit distracting to me in the beginning. But that I can toss to the wind when confronted with something this good.

The way that you tie Vincent and Squall together is something that I never even heard or thought of before, and it really has me hooked to it. I also, as usual, adore the way you end this, turning blue around from where many authors would have made it a little mute detail; you made it the connector for the story. I'd be very interested in reading more of this.
FenixPhoenix chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Hey nice story. It was a little sad, but very realistic and (the part about Rinoa and Squall very cute). Good work!
Tijuana Pirate chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Stone you? My GAWD Cendrillo, why the heck would I do something like that? This story is GORGEOUS! Gorgeous! I think - no I know - that it's my favourite story of yours thus far. It's an incredible story! I love stories that avoid using too many words. This is perfect! It's beautiful! It read like - yes you guessed it - poetry! Such lovely prose. There were so many gorgeous lines in this story, lines so lovely that you want to pick them up and frame them so that everyone will be able to see them. Omg, and Vincent in this? And Tifa? So gorgeous! You did everything so carefully, so meticuously. I *loved* Tifa's character in this, so fragile, so broken, but not so over done that we can get bored of it. And those lines in brackets, what a lovely device! So clever!

Mm, I loved Squall and Rinoa in this. No, it wouldn't be the scar that broke him. I don't know if this was your intention or not but I read this story as if Squall had gotten lost for a little while in time compression at the end of the game. Then Rinoa came to find him. It'd be so like her to just show up, smile, and say 'Sorry I'm late Squall'. XD

Seriously, a story like this is one that you'd just love to read over and over again, something classic that you know you could pick up and notice something different every time. The phrasing was gorgeous, your characters were just the perfect mix of hope and despair... damn Cendrillo! Great great story!

*clicks adds to favourites!* Mwahahaha!

~T. pirate
thelittletree chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
How in the world have I missed these fics? You wrote this one...beginning of the month? Oh, I'm going to have to go through and read (and review!) every single one of your fics. I started the first chap of Haphazard Composition a minute before coming back to write this review, and I HAVE TO GO TO WORK IN TEN MINUTES! And I know I'm not going to get to read it all in one sitting, and I should probably wait to read it all in one sitting, but I'm not sure I'm going to wait...

Tifa is incredible. Your characterizations are incredible. She and Vincent are so broken and everything feels so wasted... Sitting in a bar, drinking poison, remembering the blue (reminding her of pink; that brought things home) and now blue suits neither of them and there's so much unsaid, but maybe it's not the right time, or maybe it's too late...

Oh, this was incredible. A lot of feeling. Oh, being dragged to your next fic... FIVE MINUTES!
ruderevived chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
i love your stories and everything about your writing style. i am also a big fan of Final Fantasy. i am wondering if you would like to join my C2 called phoenix down it is the biggest C2 just for Final fantasy. i look forward to you becoming one of the main leaders in the group.

i have sent you the invite also you can go to c2 tools and then C2 staff and accept it thanks

-ruderevived
Great Materia Hunter Yuffie chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Holy crap, that was nice. There are so few people on this website anymore who can do first person. It came out very poetic and I felt that the parenthetical insertions were well-placed and thought-provoking. Also, the ending was very conclusive, and I thank you for that.

Thanks for a very beautiful and imagery-ridden fanfic. It was very good. Sorry that I don't have any more actual criticisms. Just keep it up!
Ann2 chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
I do like your idea about comparing Vincent and Squall and Tifa and Riona too. Infact I really want to see these character more than one chapter. Too bad this is one shot story. Anyway I love this.
edenblack18 chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
You too! I always thought Squall and Vincent looked a like too! But everyone kept telling me that I was crazy! Good story though, keep at it.
Ladingen chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
Devils in red and angels in blue

I understand, still I have no clue

Blue is calm, red is destruction

But I see the marvelous introduction

Yet, the sky is cold and the fire warm

To me I see purple that holds no form

Beautiful dear, I tend to see more?

Quoth the raven, “Nevermore”

~T.C. Linden