Reviews for The Last Word
Ne'ith5 chapter 15 . 1/7/2008
This was one the best Boromir and Faramir stories I have ever read. You can feel what kind of person the steward's eldest son is and how hard he fought the rings influence.

His nobleness of character and his obvious affection for his younger brother despite his slide into madness made his inevitable loss to the evil of the ring heartrending.

Faramir was compelled to read to the end of the entries as was I. The tragedy of the noble mans decent and loss to the madness induced by the Ring is so vividly described you reminded me of why Boromir was my favorite when I first read The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Thank you for the chance to travel back to childhood, it was greatly appreciated.
Sakura123 chapter 15 . 10/30/2006
There is only one word that could describe your story (besides entertaining); Truly scary. At first, like any good story concerning Boromir's decline (if any, I rather steer clear of 'em: Shudders) you managed to describe Boromir through his journal very well, Faramir's reactions were realistic ones, even I found myself muttering aloud in response to both persons's POV. I grinned whenever Boromir wasn't speaking of the ring and cringed whenever the object was brought up; Faramir's reactions was one I could relate to, empathetically. The last three chapters were the creepiest, but the one moment that totally lost me as when Faramir just flew of the handle with all the weeping his brother name and screaming. I thought, "What, what just happened there?" but continued onward. The ending was much to alivate(?) the grim mindset the final chapter left me with, especially the T qoute from Aragorn(?) in "The Departure of Boromir."

All in all I enjoyed your story.

Keep up the good work.

Sakura123
yllom21 chapter 15 . 11/26/2005
Poor Faramir, and poor Boromir! You described Boromir's maddness surprisingly well. Excellent job and wonderful vocabulary.
kateydidnt chapter 15 . 4/17/2005
WOW! just... WOW. This was fantastic. Very true to the characters, heartbreaking. Very believable.
Faerfaen chapter 15 . 4/14/2005
Oh now I want to cry! But i cant because it'll fry my laptop if I get it wet! I know how he feels with that weight upon his heart. Makes you want to scream and cry and throw up then smash things. *shudders*

- Jen
AM chapter 15 . 4/12/2005
Thank you for a great read.
Bubonic Woodchuck chapter 15 . 4/12/2005
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Both Boromir and Faramir were in-character and everything.

::sniffle::

I shall be sending you my tissue bill shortly. .
Susan W chapter 15 . 4/11/2005
Final chapter? No! You mustn't end now. Maybe a sequel or a prequel on the way?

Oh that nasty, bad ring using the bond that is between the brothers to make it seem like the right thing to do by taking the Ring to MT. The Ring took the things that Boro loved best and twisted them to it's desire! Sigh! Poor dear Boro, didn't see it until all was too late! At least he regained what he had almost lost, his honour, by sacrificing himself in trying to save his "Little Ones".

Nice ending with Fara in anguish over his beloved brother's fall, but then the sun breaking through the clouds over Mordor must have sent him hope that the end of the war was near.
horsiegurl chapter 15 . 4/10/2005
This is sad. He just keeps getting further under the power of the ring. Please update soon.
Lilan chapter 15 . 4/10/2005
So it ends... Tragic and beautiful. It was such a bright idea, suggesting that the Ring used the love between the brothers to win Boromir!

Thank you for a lovely and powerful thing. I hope there will be more of your stories to read.
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 15 . 4/9/2005
Let me start by saying this is, as I said before, BRILLIANT! This is a wonderful story which contemplates how the Ring may have done its evil deed upon Boromir. Bravo!

This broke my heart! "Father greets us both warmly with the love and pride that you, in particular deserve little brother, and he rightly showers you with the accolades you have been far too long denied."

And this, too: "Frodo and
Susan W chapter 14 . 4/9/2005
Excellent chapter! So very sad that even during wartime the brothers never thought of losing one another. Through this story, one can feel the great bond that was between the brothers. Boromir was Faramir's invincible hero and "would always be at his side"! sigh!

Update soon, please!
Lilan chapter 14 . 4/9/2005
Hello and sorry for my reviews being so few and far between. This is certainly not because I don't like your story. In fact, I love it. It has a few deviations from the canon, but the way you portray your Boromir is remarkable. I can actually picture him debating with himself, falling under and out of the Ring's influence. Also, it's so nice to see how his stern warrior's self gives way to very humane touches, as his friendship with Aragorn and speculating on things he had never given much thought to before, like the loss of a close one in the latest chapter. And thank you for giving him a talent for drawing! I've always suspected there was a creative touch to the man!
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 14 . 4/9/2005
"Anger welled in his heart as he wondered again why those who suspected Boromir’s susceptibility to the power of the ring had refrained from speaking of it with him. Had they done so, perhaps his death could have been avoided."

Amen to that, and something that has always bothered me about his death!

"regardless of his doubts and fears, (for he is but a man), he is our king and as such it is my duty to offer support, advice and loyalty. Nonetheless, it is also my duty to return to our city, and I told him so."

Thank you so much for that! Unfortunately as much as I love the movie, it has caused people to think Boromir did not want Aragorn to be King, whereas in the book Boromir says from the beginning that he *does*!

Thought I'd better point this out for you as I hate to have a typo mar my work and figured you would want to know.

"I felt as if a shadow hard lifted from my heart"

Also this:

"to allow those in his charge to escape and it was brave it was of the Elf lord..." Seems off to me.

And there's this: "I have yet to convince the other of this..."

Please don't be upset that I pointed out the errors? I actually think your abilities are superb and hold to my opinion that this is an exeptionally good story.
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 13 . 4/6/2005
Absolutely heartbreaking account. I'm very amazed at your deft skills in regards to word-smithy. I like that you cherry-pick from both book and movie cannon. I have a word of advice: go through this tale so that it's as you want it to be. I'm about to nominate you for a MEFA award, my dear! We shall need contact info, so do please let us know how to e mail you. I also need to know if this is complete. If so, let me know ASAP, otherwise I must nominate it as a WIP.